• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PWS MK214

Re: PWS MK214

Thanks for the write up. I have been looking to purchase the MK216, and having a review like this to verify that it is worth the money will go a long way towards getting the wife on board.

I'm very interested to see your results DMack. I'm currently running a DPMS SASS but love piston rifles. The long stroke system of PWS calls my name as well. Thank you for taking the time to let us all know about the system.

Update:

I finally get some range time tomorrow. I've been working heavy on a new class, and that has taken ALL of my time. So, I will be at our City Range tomorrow morning, doing some Chrono testing with some different loads. Pictures as well... stay tuned.

Chrono results went very well today... MUCH better than I expected. I will compile the data and post tomorrow... right now, I'm meeting my guys out for some good Ale and Cigars...

For the most part, the average FPS from 168 grain FGMM in .308 was 2540 FPS... I shot ten five shot strings, and documented every shot.

I also shot 147 grain M80 and 175 Grain SMK...

Took some pics and video to show the ZERO recoil pulse... shooting off of a plastic table, off Harris bipods, zero muzzle jump. That surprised me... this rifle has almost no perceptible recoil. I shot a SCAR 17 back to back, the SCAR had twice the perceptible recoil. Apples and Oranges, I know... but, the velocity and the recoil pulse of this PWS MK214 were pleasant surprises.

Stay tuned...

I just did some shooting through a chronograph for a mutual friend's rifle. It was super hot today. I was able to shrink some groups down to .488" (via micrometer). How's it down in Florida?

It was 96 degrees, and about 85 percent humidity. We were 46 feet above Sea Level... sweating like rain. But, at least we got to shoot. It was killing me to shoot good ammo into a dirt berm... but it had to be done.

I still want to get my chrono out at 100 yards and see how much velocity I am losing... but, at least I have a starting point for my data.

Hurry up and get back down here... I want to get you behind this rifle and see what you think.

I always try to chronograph on my 100 yard range, which I did today. I can then see what speed the subject rifle likes with what bullet right away.

The Mk17 has a huge carrier in it, so it gives you a slow Mk48 style recoil. Did the one you shoot have a muzzle brake on it or the MITR flash hider/adapter?

It topped over 100 degrees up here today at about 515 feet above sea level. What did your heavier bullets chrono at?

I have a few videos that I have to edit showing us shooting the MK214 off of this plastic table. I let several people shoot nice match grade ammo into a dirt berm, all in the name of collecting chrono numbers... but, hey... it got some trigger time. Every one that shot this thing, commented on the distinct LACK of recoil, and how easy the follow through was. I can't wait to get it out and do some REAL shooting with it next week.

This is yours truly, just running rounds through it.

DMack1.jpg

Here is a neighboring department Range Officer getting some trigger time behind the MK214. He just kept on giggling, and saying how much he loved it...

PWSMK214JB.jpg

I let several of the Officers out there run the MK110 and MK114 as well, so I will update that thread tomorrow.

Once I get out and do some real shooting with this gun, the information will start picking up.

So far, it is a winner. The velocity is right where I expected it to be. The gun runs flawlessly, no hiccups at all. The recoil pulse is very very soft. Now, all I ask for is repeatable accuracy, and I think she's a keeper.

Cheers!

What did you end up getting through that as far as the heavier bullets go? I shot some 175grain Nosler Custom Competition bullets through my 20" FN Patrol Bolt today at about 2575fps with 43grains of Varget. My groups were over an inch. I am not pleased. I'd imagine your getting something around 2400fps from a 16" barrel?

That thing better not have much perceived recoil, look at that muzzle brake!

Rich... sorry it took me so long to get back with you on the heavy bullets. Honey-do's have been kicking my butt.

Ok, I got a box of 20 175 grain SMK's from Setpoint Ammunition at Swat Roundup last October. I fired all but five of them out of my bolt gun on the range. So, all I had was five to chrono. Here is the link to Setpoint...

http://www.setpointammo.com/

This is the actual load used.

http://www.setpointammo.com/user_recipes/39

BULLET TYPE: Sierra 175gr MK
CASE: Lapua 308 WIN
POWDER TYPE: Hodgdon Varget
POWDER WEIGHT: 44.0
COAL: 2.8

Here are the actual results out of my MK214 at about 7 yards from muzzle using the 175 SMK's Setpoint load...

Shot 1: 2462
Shot 2: 2453
Shot 3: 2461
Shot 4: 2461
Shot 5: 2476

As you can see, those are VERY respectable numbers out of a 14.5" barrel. I am going to call Setpoint and see if they can make me up a batch of these in 7.62x51 as well as some 168 grain pills.

As stated in my original post, this rifle is NOT going to be used for anything but Law Enforcement Engagement Distance. So, all I am looking for is 200 yard T-Zone shots and in.

This thing is a nice, tight, piston driven package, that is such a pleasure to shoot... as are ALL of the PWS weapons.

Stay tuned!!!

Also to note... this is a BRAND NEW RIFLE. To have zero issues out of a brand new gun, I find incredible. If this MK2 runs the way my MK1 rifles run, the more I shoot it, the BETTER it will get.

I have to run out now for a bit, but this evening... I will break down my shot strings on the 168 grain SMK's and show you how the velocity was very consistent. As stated, I logged every single round.

Cheers!!!

Very nice, and once again _thank you_ for sharing all your data & observations! I find it so helpful to have first-hand accounts, especially from people with far more experience than I
smile.gif

Your observation of the 214's recoil matches my own; it's a pleasure to shoot and both the quantity and quality of the recoil & muzzle rise are very mild for a .308.

The chrono numbers are dead on mfr's spec. I've got to get mine back to the range to chrono as well (it's in the 70s here) but I expect I'll see the same result.

Once again, thanks!

-Ben

Thanks as well for taking the time to post this info. Am considering an LMT MWS or a PWS MK216 so very interested in seeing what kind of groups you get.

Any point of impact shift when using a bipod?

Reckoner...

I was running the rappel tower all day today, so we didn't get to shoot. Had a massive storm blow through as well.

As for POI shift... Honestly, I do not believe this will be an issue. This is a short rifle, and relatively light. I have already shot it off of a flat plastic table, with zero muzzle jump, so I will not need to crank into the bipods.

I know the rails are not "free floating" but seriously, I don't think it will be an issue for what I want to do with this rifle.

Remember... ALL I am looking for is realistic range for a Law Enforcement Tactical Marksman... so, a cold bore T Zone shot out to 200 yards is practical.

Be patient everyone... range time is coming!

Cheers!!!

DMack

Here is how my first outing with my MK216

Mounted a 3x12 ffp Elite Bushnell on an American Defense Recon and took it out to the range Saturday. I have replaced the trigger with a Wilson Combat 2 stage. Had some techincal issue with the scope mount but fixed them and was able to get the gun running. (Human Error) Got a little scared when I couldn't get it to group at 100. ha! I am using German surplus DAG ammo. Once zero was in place it was up to the tower to shoot steel. Didn't take long to dope out to 400 yrd even with a 15 to 18mph cross wind. MOA target hits came fairly easy once I got wind adjustment. Ran out of time at the range but wanted to stretch it out before I left. So I made a few shots at the 700yrd steel and after a some rounds found elevation. Took another round to get wind and had three consecative hits after that. Did a rapid 10 shot string going out to 400 then 200 then 300 and back to 400 using 400 yrd dope and adjusting with mil dot. With that I called it good and ended the day on a good note.

The muzzle break is excellent if you are standing behind it. ha! Minimal flip. And recoil is a dream. I fired 80 rounds with no issues. I plan on going back out to the range on a less windy day to verify zero and work out my dope out to 800yds. But all in all a very good first outing.

So far no "cons" but haven't used the gun long enough. 80 rds is nothing just a first impression. But it looks very promising.
grin.gif

Big D...

I had Todd put on the PWS PRC (Precision Rifle Compensator) instead of the normal FSC30 that ships with these rifles. I knew I would be doing mostly shooting from the bipod, and wanted the muzzle to stay put. Well, it definitely does that... the PRC is awesome.

I also used the Geissele SD-E trigger... which is non adjustable, for simplicity, and also has a super clean two stage break. It also has a flat trigger shoe, which I really like.

My optics are mounted on a A.R.M.S. 30mm QD mount, but I ordered a Badger base, to mount the US Optics Titanium rings that I have in my safe.

I'm glad to hear that your rifle is working well. I ran about 100 rounds of various ammo through it, with zero issues thus far. That's awesome out of a brand new rifle.

I cleaned it last night, took all of ten minutes. Not hardly a trace of carbon on the piston... the barrel is spotless.

I really can't wait to get this out and see if I can hit my beauty school dummy heads at realistic distances. I got a great idea from John (Trace Armory) that involves an egg... stay tuned for some video on that one.

This is going to be a long running review on this rifle. So, it may move slowly, but hopefully more and more people can chime in on this weapons platform.

PWS does not have the name recognition that some of the bigger names have... but, hopefully that will change. I really love the MK1 series rifles, and this MK2 is very very promising so far...

Thanks for the input Brother. Be safe out there!!!

FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO 7.62x51 Nato M1A Centerfire Ammunition

100 yards 6 shot pattern one on right was from sighting in.
PWS MK216.Geissele SSA trigger.
FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO 7.62x51 Nato M1A Centerfire Ammunition

Federal 7.62x51MM Nato 168 Grain OTM
This centerfire rifle cartridge choice is very suitable for

SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: A76251M1A
Category: AMMO CENTERFIRE
Caliber :7.62mm NATO
Bullet Type :OTM
Bullet Weight :168 GR
Muzzle Energy :2619 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity :2650 fps

First time shooting it since it came back from PWS.

I don't have access to a LWRCI REPR any longer. However, Battle Axe and I have spoken, and he lives very near me. I hope to hook up with him soon, and shoot side by side with is GAP-10.

Keep in mind, this was never intended to be a precision rifle. I am just trying to use it as such. I am more interested in seeing if I can print one round in a one inch black dot (simulating an eyeball) at various distances and with different media. If I can hit that black dot, repeatedly, from different angles and different distances out to 200 yards or so, I will be very happy.

I have some shooting tables set to run very soon. I'm in the process of compiling some video and photographs, and I must say, so far, this little rifle is a winner.

Nice review. Any idea is the upper is available separately ? I assume this is DPMS style ?

As far as I know, the uppers will be offered seperately. The only issue I would see is that they are built on billet receivers. Check the website or give them a call on the particulars.

As for them being DPMS style... I do believe they are. I need to find that out and add that into page one...

Cheers...

Thanks for the update. The non-free float barrel has been a detractor on this series based on the posts I've seen on other boards. Though what that means in reality I don't know. People also say piston rifles are "less" accurate. Then again, they also do run cleaner. I think the cleaner part would be the selling point for me since the 7.62x51 has more residue to deposit in the working parts !

FMJ....

Here's the way I see it. First of all, I am no mechanical engineer, or gunsmith... but, I have about 25 years or so behind the trigger of an AR. People get WAY wrapped up about the whole "free float" issue on an AR platform. On a bolt gun, you have the luxury of floating the barrel from the recoil lug forward. There is nothing touching the barrel what so ever, so you can take things in consideration like barrel harmonics, vibration, barrel torque, etc... On an AR... whether it's Direct Impingement or Gas Piston, you still have to put this thing called a gas block out on the barrel at varying lengths away from the barrel nut. That chunk of metal alone, induces harmonics. Period. Direct Impingement guns, have a gas tube that runs from this gas block, all the way back to the upper receiver. Sure, it just lays in the little hole in the barrel nut / receiver... but, it still touches. So, that does nothing to stop vibration harmonics. Piston Guns have the same issue. Now... free floating the tube, on a HAND HELD RIFLE (one that is designed to hold in your hand while you shoot it) is a non issue. I don't know many that are strong enough to induce barrel torque from holding a weapon.

This can come into play when shooting from bipods, or if you are leaning against something really really hard. If you are pushing into your bipods (loading) then it is possible to induce barrel torque and cause your groups to be inconsistent.

This is a good technique when shooting a bolt gun, since you do not have to worry about barrel torque, per se... due to the action being bedded, a nice stiff stock, truly floated barrel... loading the bipods help with recoil, follow through, and getting back on target... but on the AR platform, I think it's more snake oil than anything. Is there something to be said about "free float" tubes on a long barrel precision AR? There has to be... since all of the big names do it. PWS decided on the design that they came up with, due to the way their piston operates. Take a look at the pictures of the BCG. It's unlike any other piston out there. What I like, is there is nothing to fail in it. They also kept the profile of the traditional AR. The top rail is exactly where it would be on a traditional DI gun. In fact, this weapon uses normal AR parts. The only thing different are the rails and the operating rod for the piston. Some say that it is a poor design because the end user can't just buy a barrel and re-barrel it like you can on a normal DI gun. This is true. This also may cause a concern if the world ends and PWS goes out of business and you can't change the barrel out when you have shot it so much that the throat is eroded past the point of acceptable accuracy. I have yet to shoot out the barrel on the MK114, and it has been run WAY harder than most people would run their guns in the lifetime of the weapon. Now I am on a mission to try to get that gun to fail.

This PWS rifle shoots absolutely INCREDIBLY soft. The recoil pulse has to be felt to be believed. It's also light... and short. The pivot point is fairly close to the center of gravity, which also aides in keeping the muzzle jump to a minimum.

This rifle has a nice barrel in it. The Bergara barrels are definitely worth looking at. PWS does their own chambers, and they run them on the "tight" side. But, again... this rifle was made to function, and be completely dependable. A battle rifle should not be "picky".

If I were only doing bench shooting or competition shooting where group size mattered to me, I would not have even glanced at this rifle to fill this role. But, I am looking at it as a work horse, and something that I can deploy with 100 percent reliability and also rely on repeatable accuracy. Will this rifle fill that need? Well, who knows. I have yet to finish all of my testing.

I can tell you this with absolute certainty. I have a MK114 that has a legitimate 10k rounds through it since December. That rifle runs, runs, and runs. Outside of a broken extractor, I have had zero issues with it. The rifle is still very accurate.

That is what made me decide to use this rifle the way I am using it. It's got a decent barrel. It's got a good trigger, and it's got excellent glass. The velocity from the weight of bullet that I want to deploy, is where I can use it... and the rifle runs every time I pull the trigger.

When I started this review, I wanted to be very objective, and keep opinion to a minimum. That is the one thing that led me to this forum above some of the others. The men / women on here, try to keep opinions in check, and present the facts. Sure, people have brand loyalty... that's human nature. If I am gonna spend $4k on a rifle (with glass)... I'm gonna be an informed consumer and get what I like.

PWS does not have a huge brand name yet. They are known for very good muzzle devices, and hopefully, their rifles will gain popularity... since they are very well made, and shoot well.

Like I said, I am not an engineer... but, in my own experience... this is what I have found.

As for running clean... These long stroke pistons run cleaner than any of the other rifles I have ever used. We have several other piston guns in our inventory... none of them are as clean as the PWS platform. Now, that's a fact.

Cheers!!!

I just talked to PWS. THE MK2 series rifles are not available as uppers only. They are the DPMS style.

Dmack:

Thanks for your detailed reply ! Greatly appreciate all the information. I have been considering getting a piston 7.62x51 rifle and the choices have been the SCAR17 (proprietary mags), REPR (too expensive !) the upcoming HK MR762 (waaaay too expensive and proprietary mags) and the upcoming ADCOR 7.62 BEAR (not much known about it right now). The PWS seems to fit the "workhorse" requirement quite well.

I also called PWS this morning and was told that due to the demand for the complete rifle, the 7.62 upper as a separate purchase was shelved for now. In addition since even within the DPMS spec, PWS has had trouble with fitting with non-PWS lowers they have decided to offer only complete PWS rifle sales.

FMJ,

I too spoke with Todd at PWS about the uppers being sold separately and got the same answer. I can tell you this... the fit with the upper and lower is very, very tight. Almost like they machine them as a pair.

I personally have some trigger time on the SCAR (MK17) and it's a fine weapon, I just don't get on with it at all. This PWS rifle, feels like an AR, handles like an AR, and just begs to be shot.

More to follow...

Cheers!

Dmack:

What were your reservations about the SCAR17 ? I've only handled one in the store. Haven't had a chance to fire one. Seemed nice. Innovative folding & telescoping stock. Though the reciprocating handle may take some getting used to (for me anyway). From what I was told PWS makes the flash hiders... so we have that connection !

FMJ,

I don't want to seem like I am comparing the PWS system with any other out there. I want to keep this thread focused, and not try to divert into any other brand of rifle. I think the SCAR is a fine weapon, I don't think anyone will doubt that. It's just not my cup of tea. I have a very good friend that owns one, and I shoot it regularly. Try as I may though... I just can't "click" with it.

I can't wait to get with Battle Axe, and shoot next to his GAP-10 though... that's gonna be fun.

I will PM you my findings on the SCAR, if you like.

Cheers!!!

Dmack:

Sorry I didn't mean to derail from the PWS content of this thread. Please PM me your SCAR obervations. I am right now doing my research into what might be my best bet.

Thanks.

Update:

Ok, first and foremost... I would like to publicly thank John Boyette from Trace Armory Group for his time, and input into what I am doing with this rifle. His knowledge and experience... and the way he explains things are so easy to grasp. It's clear that he and I drink from the same Kool-Aid fountain... His advice and encouragement alone, has saved me tons of time, and rounds down range. Again... thanks John!

Ok... on to my story.

As stated in the original post in this thread, I am trying to use this rifle in a role it was never designed for. I am using it as a Law Enforcement Precision Rifle, and had an operating window of point blank range, out to about 200 yards or so. I wanted to keep in realistic, and shoot the rifle in scenarios I am likely to encounter on an active call out.

So far, this rifle is performing well beyond my expectations. Today, I decided to go out to my dad's farm and run some tests with the rifle. In my haste... I forgot to bring my camera though. So, I will have to give you the Gist here. I will back this data up on the range at work, very soon. This time with pictures and video.

Ok... Talking with John, he prompted me to study my ballistic computer, changing zero distance, and paying attention to the bullet trajectory as opposed to getting stuck on one distance.

I envisioned the scenario of me being called out on an Active Shooter call, or a riot, or civil disturbance or something... even a barricaded subject call. So, I decided to keep my rifle zeroed at a distance that would allow me to make a "snap" shot, at any distance within my operational envelope (point blank to two hundred yards). The numbers prompted me to run a zero that broke from tradition, and I backed it up today on paper.

Once I verified my DOPE on actual paper, compared to my ballistic chart... I was very happy with the results. So, I moved on to shooting at unknown distances. I used it as a "mini" class with my Dad, since he had never been taught how to range with a MIL DOT reticle. I had my US Optics Field Observation Scope, and a bunch of bowling pins.

I had him run the bowling pins out at various ranges in his hay field, and I took the time to range them and get my distance to target. I found that the Spotter and my SN3 were dead on with each other. At the end of the day, my dad was calling out distance to me, very accurately. I tested my come ups, off my ballistics chart, based on my zero, and the MK214 delivered hit after hit.

I shot from prone, bipods and shooting bag... I shot from standing, kneeling, strong side, weak side, off the hood of my Jeep... and made hit after hit after hit.

On paper, I was able to say, this rifle is a SOLID .75 MOA gun all day long out to 250 yards. That's the farthest I have fired it to date. Now, with one caveat... this rifle is a bit of a challenge to shoot tight. By challenge, I mean... the way it is set up, you have to be relaxed behind it. Follow through is EVERYTHING with this rifle. I found that I was able to call my shots with very good accuracy... with my dad backing me up in the spotter scope.

I set up a few cardboard targets with some one inch black dots, taken from my shoot-n-c targets... and instead of trying to just print 5 shot groups, I would fire a round, hit the black dot... then walk away from the rifle. After a few minutes, come back, get behind it, and hit another black dot.

I had a few T-Zone targets from work, and ran a few T-Zone drills. On our next range day... I will be shooting styro-foam heads at various distances... to make it a bit more realistic.

I also identified a crazy little trait that John helped me trouble shoot. I had my rifle set at my zero... and had a 6 inch shoot and see on a solid white backer. My data sheet said that I should print 1.9 inches high, so... I had my bolt locked to the rear on an empty mag... loaded one round through the ejection port and dropped the bolt. Sight, Breathing, Squeeze... BAM... printed 3.5" high. WTF ran through my mind at that moment. I stood up... scratched my head, and repeated the same thing. Closed the bolt on a single round, BAM... 3.5" high... ragged hole.

I got up, and called John. His first question was "Are you firing single rounds? Letting the bolt lock back after the shot?"

I said "Yes."

Well, he gave me some SOLID advice... and I tried it. I loaded six rounds into the magazine... and fired... BAM... 2" high. I did this for five rounds... all of them hit 2" high. The last round echoed about 3" high... right along with the others.

Weird... I know. I can't explain that... but, he said that it is funny how this seems to be the norm on an AR-10 platform. He gave me the advice to run a dummy round... or a mocked up round, with no primer or powder as my first round loaded / last to chamber. This way my bolt never locks back.

I know you all are thinking I'm crazy here... but, I'm telling you, it worked. I don't have a ton of experience with an AR-10 platform... so, this is as much of a learning curve for me, as it is a test.

All in all, today was a VERY productive day. Not a SINGLE hiccup from the rifle. This rifle shoots so soft. The PWS Precision Rifle Comp works better than I could have ever dreamed. Lying prone, on the bipods, the gas is definitely directed outwards... but I never noticed it blowing any debris up into my face. My dad did complain about it, since he was initially in a position that was not considered prime real estate. I could not dream of firing the volume that I did today, out of my bolt gun.

The rifle took me ten minutes to clean.

Gotta love that long stroke piston.

More to follow... I have only begun testing this rifle. I sure can't wait to go shoot with Battle Axe, and see what he thinks of it.

Cheers everyone, be safe out there.

DMack,

Thank you for the kind words it means a lot from a professional like yourself.

I know the readers of this posting will enjoy what is coming up and whats in store with this SWS.

John

Reactions: dmcfarland

Yeah, Lowlight has mentioned that one shouldn't let a semi-auto lock back on a group. It never occured to me, and really messed up my routine of only loading five rounds so that the rifle would lock open and cool down at the end of the group!
smile.gif
Makes sense, though. It's interesting that you were able to see the difference so clearly. I've been enjoying your writeup of both PWS rifles, thanks for doing it.

Ok. I now have a 14.5" POF to shoot side by side with my PWS MK-214. I have already finger banged them side by side. This is the first POF of this caliber that I have had a chance to run. Both are piston guns with the same barrel length.

The POF has 7.62 NATO 1:10 on the barrel but 308 on the lower. It's a brand new rifle. It sure is shiny!

The PWS is also 7.62 x 51 with a 1:10 twist... Should be interesting.

Is it the newer one with the new handrail(the same kind that GA Precision is using for their GAP-10)? I really dig the ambi bolt release. I think LWRC has it down with an ambi bolt release/bolt catch.

You owe it to Todd to give an unbiased range report. I don't think I'd ever buy a POF (being an LWRC and PWS fan and hopefully someday an ADCOR owner), but it's always good to have competition, it's what gives us end users a better product.

Give it hell, D.

Ok... I have tons of data to add to this thread. But, I am enroute TDY again. Stay tuned... more to follow. I know my MK214 is getting a paint job this weekend... Having a black rifle while stalking is a no go...

Stay tuned!!!

Was wondering if SI Defense makes receivers for PWS or vice-versa. My billet receivers are the exact same other than the roll marks.

How's the ARMS QD setup holding up? I've always stayed away from ARMs mounts due to all the pieces their kit entails, too many variables. Interested in what you think of them.

I will find out about the receivers.... As for the ARMS MOUNTS... I've taken them on and off multiple times with zero issues. I really am watching the optic mount closely...

I have a badger base and some USO titanium rings that I am switching to. So far though... They are solid.

Angry... Yes.... SI makes the receivers to PWS specs... I just confirmed with them.

Ok, a little update on the PWS MK214. So far, I have 600 rounds through the rifle, and not a single issue. This rifle is accurate... more accurate than I am. I am still learning to shoot it to the best of my ability, but I am getting along with it very well.

Once my SN3 1.8-10 gets here, I will take the 3.2-17 off in favor of the smaller optic. Not that there is anything wrong with the larger SN3, it's just so big, on this rifle. Besides, I have another platform to run the larger SN3 on...

Ok, I found out that the PWS MK2 series rifles, uses a bolt that is patterned after the DPMS style. In fact, a DI bolt from DPMS will fit right in the bolt carrier from PWS and run fine.

Here is the bolt and bolt assembly after 600 rounds... I was amazed at how clean it was.

PWSMK214Bolt.jpg

PWSMK214Bolt2.jpg

The Cam Pin shows a little bit of polishing marks on it, but no grooves, or considerable wear.

This is the floating gas piston after 600 rounds. I noticed a greenish discoloration... My guess it is from the Privi Partisan rounds I fired through it. All in all, the rifle runs clean.

PWSMK214FloatingPiston600rounds.jpg

The last Deputy that I allowed to carry this rifle through Stalking Drills, was spotted easily due to the rifle being black. So, she got a nice coat of paint to break up the outline.

PWSMK214painted2.jpg

This rifle has become my favorite hammer. I will have it out at SHOT this year in Vegas... if you stop by the booth, you can get your hands on it...

Gonna do a ton of shooting with it between now and then.

Cheers!!!

Darren,

If I can get you up here to teach some classes, I gotta get you to do some painting for me lol. If this whole Army/Police thing doesn't work out for you I think you have found your calling LOL.

I would love to get up there and train with you... That would be an honor.

Ok, was bored today... so I decided to break up the outline on the MK214 a bit more.

She hides ok in a flower bed... one never knows when this may come in handy!
PWSMK214c.jpg

She doesn't hide too well on the hood of my Jeep though...
PWSMK214d.jpg

PWSMK214b.jpg

Here she is with her favorite Tote Sack... X3 Low Drag.
PWSMK214e.jpg

PWSMK214g.jpg

All in all, my goal was to break up the outline, and make it harder to see during stalks. I think that was accomplished. Stalking lanes next week, so we shall see.
PWSMK214f.jpg

PWS... makers of some damn fine hammers!!!
PWSMK214a.jpg

Thanks Chainring... it breaks the outline, and ain't black... so, mission accomplished!
smile.gif

Can you tell me about the side blast and how loud this muzzle break PRC?

Thank you....My order pws mk216 is here and I'm 10 days counting.. can't wait

Ron... There is DEFINITELY some side blast off of the PRC... But it is the best brake I have used to date. I also can confirm that the PRC does not kick debris up like you would expect. It does an admirable job at flash dispersion... I shot at night a few weeks ago with no ill effects.

Enjoy your MK216... Please add to this thread when you get it.

What trigger will you use? I suggest a good aftermarket trigger to get the most out of that rifle...

Cheers!