• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

QD mount for an AR. which one works?

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
this is for the stock end. I am looking at Fortis, Noveske and KZ. I have one AR with a UBR so it has a QD built in. I have another AR with a DPMS 5-6 position stock and id like to add a QD to the rifle to allow the magpul sling I have to work on these two.

fortis

5191-1.jpg

noveske

noveske_endplate-1.jpg

KZ

_1397.jpg

any thoughts or options? I have seen the tactical link clamp on deal. its ok, but not as clean as this style in my mind. any thoughts, options or opinions?

Last edited:
I went with a dual QD mount that Savvy Sniper sells

Savvy Sniper

QDplate_zpsf623796f.jpg

I cant get a link to the exact page see their link to Attachments, Options and Color Choices.

It gets the QD boss out from under the castle nut toward the side.

Note it does require a special castle nut wrench or some delicate punch work.

This is what I had made

P3265610_zps3f4e95ff.jpg

Last edited:
I have had the Noveske on one of my AR's for several years now, and have used it in the field. The only issue I have found is that depending on the thickness of your sling, sometimes you have to take an extra 1/2 second or so to ensure the QD is straight on to properly engage if for some reason you take it off, if that makes sense. It is out of the way however, and doesn't interfere with manipulation of the safety like my receiver mounted QD on my Knights sometimes does. I have considered also putting the Noveske on my Knights despite the built in QD's.

The Tactical Link works well too, my department started issuing it. Easy to place on without the armorer having to do it. You just lose the first stop in your stock, which never gets used anyway, at least for me. But, it's about twice the price of the Noveske.

Last edited:
I've got the noveske one and it works great. Some say it doesn't work with HD swivels, but it works well with my Troy QDs and my non HDs.

If that's where you have to have it then the Troy ambidextrous would be a good one. No home made tools necessary either. Clamps on over the castle nut, is solid and well made. A friend has one on his SOCOM 16/Troy battle chassis. The gun is heavy as hell and he hasn't had a problem.

This video explains it pretty well.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wci-tzUI8Iw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dwci-tzUI8Iw[/video]

anyone else? I ordered the KZ model but its from BOTACH, lol. I ordered one on ebay last week and it was never delivered. they refunded me and said there was an issue with the order system. BS as usual. ill keep you posted

Of those posted I'd go with the Noveske. I run Daniel Defense Rear Receiver Sling Mounts on my 5.56 AR's and the KZ seems to be a very similar design. While completely functional, they can prevent the stock from fully collapsing where the Noveske design does not. Additionally, my DD mounts are aluminum versus the steel that an end plate is usually made from. I believe the Noveske is steel.

I have Noveske on all of mine, but the Fortis and Daniel Defense would work just as well. Just makes sure you check the fit between the plate and the QD release. There have been a lot of cases I've seen where the release was just a hair too small for the mount and just pulled out with enough tension.

thanks guys, I ordered the KZ because the noveske went out of stock. I cant really find the fortis. ill look for the DD unit too. lwrc isn't bad, but I don't want side mount yet. ill see how this feels first

just to be clear, I know botach's rep before this. I ordered the KZ unit. I was expecting this

_1397.jpg

but what I got was a copy of the noveske pictured further above. it fits, it functions like it should. its not the easiest to get to, so the side mount options may feel better but ill have too see how hard it is to manipulate.

oh, its aluminum. id feel better with steel.

Last edited:
For a clamp on style I prefer the Tango Down PR4. It gives you a left, center, and right side mount option. No gunsmith ing required and rock solid. I use it with a Blue Force Gear VCAS. I can switch from a 1 point to a 2 point. For a true end plate model either Daniel Defense, Gear Sector, or Noveske.

Noveske is what I use. I can do high and low ready run my 2 point almost like a 1 point. Cinch it tight to my chest or under my arm and it doesn't spin because of the receiver extension. This is my go to rear QD mount now and is going on all of my rifles.

Well Axe, at least you weren't surprised by your Botach experience... Wait, does that make it better or worse?! Haha