• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quality precision AR-10 6.5 Creed barrels

Desert Rat

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2017
Hello everyone! I’m new to the gas precision rifle game and I’m looking for good AR10 precision barrel recommendations in 6.5 creed. I want to be able to have it machined so I can throw on this legacy Surefire break and can. Price point is not an object. Thank you in advance for all everyone’s help!

Attachments

• 3A51A132-95EC-499A-916C-83B7A7359BAA.jpeg
    3A51A132-95EC-499A-916C-83B7A7359BAA.jpeg
    432.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DFEFC638-6F1C-4456-BFD3-7D8AA7374CB3.jpeg
    DFEFC638-6F1C-4456-BFD3-7D8AA7374CB3.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 49
No dog in it for me and this guy shoots a large frame gasser darn well.

It seems like proof is definitely the gold standard and I really appreciate everyone’s response! I currently have a Wilson Combat 18 inch but I haven’t even taken it out of the box yet and I feel that I really need to go with yalls recommendation as I’m trying to get every bit of accuracy I can out of this gun that I’m building. Does anyone know off the top of their head who is selling the proof barrels that I can get a hold of one quickly?

Have purchased three 6.5CM and one 6.5GR Proof CF barrels from Owen at Front Range and both his pricing and customer service are first rate. All are hammers if fed a proper diet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desert Rat
This looks like a good deal . Dont to know how to post links but I’ll post a screenshot.
20” is $429 free shippingView attachment 7977905
I have one of these. Load a 140gr eldm at 2.800” and fill with 41.3-41.5 grains of RL 16 or H4350 and enjoy. Toolcraft double ejector small firing pin bolts headspace perfectly with them.

I have one of these. Load a 140gr eldm at 2.800” and fill with 41.3-41.5 grains of RL 16 or H4350 and enjoy. Toolcraft double ejector small firing pin bolts headspace perfectly with them.
What velocity are getting from the 20" barrel?

I'm retired, so I no longer have time to hand load. Just factory stuff for me now.

I've got some amazing 2016 vintage Prime 130 (made by Norma) that turned 2835 fps out of the brand new barrel. It's likely closer to 2900 fps now.

New production Norma 143 Target was 2594 fps when the barrel was new, but is now coming out at 2656 fps.

I'm retired, so I no longer have time to hand load. Just factory stuff for me now.

I've got some amazing 2016 vintage Prime 130 (made by Norma) that turned 2835 fps out of the brand new barrel. It's likely closer to 2900 fps now.

New production Norma 143 Target was 2594 fps when the barrel was new, but is now coming out at 2656 fps.
How does that Norma 143 shoot, I've been looking at that lately.

Proof and Craddock/Bartlein is first that comes to mind when precision is the goal. You can contact Craddock and Paul will custom machine the barrel specific to your needs.

Reactions: Bravo6niner
What velocity are getting from the 20" barrel?
I almost forgot to get back with you on this. It takes 3.0 mils to 500 yards. I haven’t shot this one past that just yet to figure out the true velocity and it may change as I get more rounds through it. I just recently got this one together. Some of it would look familiar to you.

I almost forgot to get back with you on this. It takes 3.0 mils to 500 yards. I haven’t shot this one past that just yet to figure out the true velocity and it may change as I get more rounds through it. I just recently got this one together. Some of it would look familiar to you.
That's one I wish I'd kept. I just picked up a SP10 with a Proof 24" barrel. Just curious about the velocity difference from 20" to 24".
JBM calculation puts it around 2700. Not too bad for a 20" barrel.

That's one I wish I'd kept. I just picked up a SP10 with a Proof 24" barrel. Just curious about the velocity difference from 20" to 24".
JBM calculation puts it around 2700. Not too bad for a 20" barrel.
That should be just over 2600 fps with a 140gr eldm in a new barrel. If I’m not working this weekend I will take it out and dope it out to 900 and post back here. I’m loading about a grain less than what I usually do for my bolt gun. I could probably bump it up a bit but the last few fps isn’t worth chasing to me.

How does that Norma 143 shoot, I've been looking at that lately.
I took it to 1040yds successfully, just a little slow out of my TRG is all.

Pictured figures are at my local DA in late summer with a factory 26” barrel (bolt gun). Trued down closer to 2675 in the ballistic software to match up with actual shooting. Same lot was 9.5SD and about 25fps faster out of one of PVA’s 26” barrels (bolt gun).
1666203570236.jpeg

I took it to 1040yds successfully, just a little slow out of my TRG is all.

Pictured figures are at my local DA in late summer with a factory 26” barrel (bolt gun). Trued down closer to 2675 in the ballistic software to match up with actual shooting. Same lot was 9.5SD and about 25fps faster out of one of PVA’s 26” barrels (bolt gun).
View attachment 7979806
I figured it might be a little slow, but if SD and ES are decent enough, the price is right on that stuff, especially for gas gun fun