• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Question about 6.5 creed more

Night Eagle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2012
Texas
So I'm seeing some mention of this round and I'm curious about what it is good for. I'm a .308 shooter and it would be nice to have answers in simple enough language that a non roll my own person can understand. Thanks in advance

Night eagle

Really? Have you done any kind of a search? There is a ton of information online and on this site about the 6.5 CM.

Basically if you think the 260 is an upgrade to the 308 then the 6.5 CM is the same, with factory loaded match ammo for long range.

And it might also help your search if you use the proper name for it: 6.5 Creedmoor.

lol...really? i havent done any searching at all i was hoping to be spoon fed all the info here...no wait, really, i was just posting a question to bump up my giangantic post count. im up to 10 now...really?
night eagle

lol...really? i havent done any searching at all i was hoping to be spoon fed all the info here...no wait, really, i was just posting a question to bump up my giangantic post count. im up to 10 now...really?
night eagle

The post has nothing to do with the amount of posts you had. It has to do with people expecting to be spoon fed information, much like those on welfare, without trying to do anything for themselves. People log on here and ask the same questions over and over. Try searching for your answer. I promise, it is here.
The Creedmoor has been around more than a couple years. There is a ton of information.

I bought a 6.5 creed more because I love the band CREED. They rock. More Creed is always better.

yup, and you could have just answered the simple question i had, but instead you chose to degrade me for my ignorance of the subject matter. wheras you did not have to answer at all and the question would have remain unaswered, or someone else would have chosen to answer it.

night eagle

My sincerest apologies. I didn't realize you had such thin skin. Feel free to report me to a moderator. This might aid in your report:
hurt_feelings_report_zps1beb8fec.jpg

^^^^This was worth reading through the thread for^^^^^

As was said way back up near the top................... Do a search, plenty of info so you can make your own choice depending on what you want to do with the round.

Me, I don't own a 308 anymore after 20 years of playing with them.
Now 6.5's of one flavor or another fill my safes.

I understand the frustration with ppl asking questions that a search could quickly answer, but the reactions on this forum are rather harsh and rude. All of you know you wouldn't talk to someone like this in person, so why do it here? I'm new to the Hide, and have gleaned lots of helpful info in a short time, but could do without a lot of the attitude I've seen here. It's not as bad as AR15.com, but it's close... I've been a member of M14forum.com for nearly a year, and can honestly say many members here should take a lesson from the guys over there who rarely flame someone for asking a question. I guess a lot of the M1A guys are older and more mature...

Actually... depending on the crowd, the responses thus far are probably on the *mild* side for some of the guys I shoot with. One needs skin like a friggin' rhino - and to be able to dish it right back - to survive around them ;)

As for the 6.5 Creedmoor, in the context of this particular sub-forum i.e. F-Class... it should be great for mid-range F-Open, i.e. 300-600yds. One could argue that other calibers such as a straight 6 BR, or its derivatives (BRX, Dasher, etc.) would be better in terms of sheer accuracy, but a person could do a lot worse than a 6.5 CM. For long-range F-Open i.e. 800-1000yds... it starts to depend heavily on the conditions at the events you're going to. Under the right conditions, a 6 BR or Dasher could kick a$$ even @ 1000yds (seen it happen). If you have only one gun and its in 6.5 CM I'd go to the line with a smile and have a good time... knowing full well that if the wind comes up and someone with half a clue is running a 7mm or .30 short mag... you're going to be sucking hind teat. In short... the Creedmoor is a good all-purpose cartridge, but it was designed to work within a certain performance envelope (200-600yds, short-action magazine-feed, rapid fire/ low recoil) that doesn't necessarily make it the 'best' choice for F-Open.

YMMV,

Monte

I understand the frustration with ppl asking questions that a search could quickly answer, but the reactions on this forum are rather harsh and rude. All of you know you wouldn't talk to someone like this in person, so why do it here? I'm new to the Hide, and have gleaned lots of helpful info in a short time, but could do without a lot of the attitude I've seen here. It's not as bad as AR15.com, but it's close... I've been a member of M14forum.com for nearly a year, and can honestly say many members here should take a lesson from the guys over there who rarely flame someone for asking a question. I guess a lot of the M1A guys are older and more mature...

I'm new here too. I started a thread within 10 posts....the information I recieved was priceless. I had so many great replies, and informative insight that I felt relieved that finally, I had found a forum with a very well informed group of people. They all have a sense of humor too, and I would imagine, with the recent political climate and general anxiety concerning gun regulations, this sight as well as other gun forums are being inundated with newbies posting threads, cluttering the forum, with the all to typical "im too lazy to search, google, or read magazines so please tell me now" kind of threads. You even comparing this forum to AR15 is a slap in the face to these guys. I lurked on ar15, and the best thing I ever did was get away from those ridiculous ar15 Call of Duty douchebags.

Lol. First everyone who replied thx for all the info so far. J you didn't hurt my feelings you were just plain rude and I have no intentions of tattling on you to the mods. You just proved what kind of person you are. I bet ur the guy who beat up up the smaller kids on the playground. U gonna take my lunch money too.

Night eagle

I'm new here too. I started a thread within 10 posts....the information I recieved was priceless. I had so many great replies, and informative insight that I felt relieved that finally, I had found a forum with a very well informed group of people. They all have a sense of humor too, and I would imagine, with the recent political climate and general anxiety concerning gun regulations, this sight as well as other gun forums are being inundated with newbies posting threads, cluttering the forum, with the all to typical "im too lazy to search, google, or read magazines so please tell me now" kind of threads. You even comparing this forum to AR15 is a slap in the face to these guys. I lurked on ar15, and the best thing I ever did was get away from those ridiculous ar15 Call of Duty douchebags.

I never brought into question the quality of information shared here, just the rude, immature manner in which some members conduct themselves.
I was just calling it how I saw it. It's best to be polite until you can't be...

I stand behind my response. Do a search. Read. Read some more. Then when you have a real question other than, "hey tell me about something I have done no research on and am too lazy to look into." Then you will get an abundance of information.

Here:
6.5 Creedmoor Info

you could also go here

http://www.65creedmoor.com/

asking a question like you did is like asking whats better ford,chevy or dodge everyone has a preference for me i own 2 308's and a 6.5CM use the 308's for f t/r and the CM for open class there are better out there but if you do your part it will do its part as with any caliber.