• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

question about selling on sniperhide.

Ya, the site suddenly broke LOL

Thanks logging off would be a good idea, the software is not your fan, it disagrees with you

I mean if the membership at AR15 disagrees I should totally reconsider it, it might change the mind of the people in that thread who were previously banned from here like a bunch of them were

• Haha
Reactions: Skunk
Was there a grand plan thread somewhere that I missed because I sure didn't see one?

All I could find was that it now costs $20/mo for the membership needed to sell anything on here. The fact that other things are include is immaterial if the person paying the money doesn't value in them.

I know people on Arfcom are on here as well like Rob01 so I was looking to see what others thought. If you actually read that thread the vast majority of them agree that it's a bad move with Rob01 being the only dissenting opinion that I found in quick scan of it again.

I'm sorry if it ruffled your feathers that I posted about a public forums actions on another public forum but whatever I guess. I'm just going to log off since I'm a bad customer (I didn't even realize I was a customer).

I'm not sure if this will even post since the site is barely operational as I'm typing this.

Attachments

• 1626654642927.png
    1626654642927.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: lash
Was there a grand plan thread somewhere that I missed because I sure didn't see one?

All I could find was that it now costs $20/mo for the membership needed to sell anything on here. The fact that other things are include is immaterial if the person paying the money doesn't value in them.

I know people on Arfcom are on here as well like Rob01 so I was looking to see what others thought. If you actually read that thread the vast majority of them agree that it's a bad move with Rob01 being the only dissenting opinion that I found in quick scan of it again.

I'm sorry if it ruffled your feathers that I posted about a public forums actions on another public forum but whatever I guess. I'm just going to log off since I'm a bad customer (I didn't even realize I was a customer).

I'm not sure if this will even post since the site is barely operational as I'm typing this.

noonecares-gif.1685394

noonecares.gif

Last edited:
the message:

please run every "Grand Plan" past the public or the membership prior to implementation, or face disapproval.

The last update cost me $60k maybe I should crowd source it in the future by submitting the plans to my critics for acceptance, as I am sure if fill them in upfront they will buy right in to my way of thinking. We do have the Community App coming, hope that is okay. Not everyone may be app savvy so it scares me to think about the complaints a SH App will bring,

There is no Ill will, they are just looking out for my best interest at heart. I just need to clear it first with the right people

where else in the world do small business owners have to clear their decisions to the public but on the internet?

@lowlight

Im still taller than you!!!
And have less grey hair! 🤣

Wait, whats going on here???

Frank, my PP account is a tad tied up right now, thanks to you and your generosity. After this is done, will sign up. Not to sell, but to support your cannoli habit. 😉I might even learn a thing or two.
Yes, kissing up. 😆
My homies and this community have ran some seriously awesome fundraisers over the years on the Hide.
I help when I can, and as of today, have been treasurer to over $35,000 in charitable contributions to really great causes over the years.

For that alone, thanks!!!

Ok, so im new still. And im gonna jump on this Hindenburg of a tread and ask a stupid question. Understanding the rules for selling in the px. Does one have a similar post count for buying in the px? Im mainly here cause im starting to enter the prs and long range realm. I dont step on toes here. Most folks on here have great knowledge. Forgive my stupid question. Mama always said i was the special kind of special. ;)
Edit-auto correct said forget. I changed to forgive.

yeet

1626658276206.gif

Reactions: 308pirate
Ok, so im new still. And im gonna jump on this Hindenburg of a tread and ask a stupid question. Understanding the rules for selling in the px. Does one have a similar post count for buying in the px? Im mainly here cause im starting to enter the prs and long range realm. I dont step on toes here. Most folks on here have great knowledge. Forgive my stupid question. Mama always said i was the special kind of special. ;)

yeet
Quick answer is no. You need nothing special to read and respond to PX posts.

yeet
You can buy without being a paid supporter. You have to be a paid supporter to create an add in the PX. (So a "Want To Buy" post would require supporter status just like a "want to sell" post would) simply buying is still free. This is why it's referred to as "to make a post in the PX" you have to be a paid supporter.

Does one have a similar post count for buying in the px?
Forget post counts....means nothing in terms of the PX anymore. Actually, kind of the nature of this thread

To post a SELL thread....you must be a supporter for $20/month or $200/annum

You can, without being a supporter, post to WTS/WTB threads and buy but cannot open a SELL thread.

Supporter also brings along other benefits, notably Online Training. Not sure about what else.

Anybody care to correct/expand?

Let me see the grand plan, run it by me….a non stake holder…..geezus. This is exactly the level of entitlement the HMFIC was talking about, and you’re illustrating his point while arguing against his decision.

He doesn’t have to share his plan. And as mentioned in other sites in response to you being upset, it’s really quite simple.
1) sell on ARF or elsewhere
2) pay the 20$ and sell an item or several items. Just make sure to price them reasonable so they sell within the month

WTB is a transaction thread too

To start or open up a transaction you will be required to upgrade, new post button

to view, buy, or otherwise communicate with a seller, no upgrade is needed - reply button

Lowlight your the HMFIC of this place there is no need to explain anything to anybody , its simple you love it or leave it.

The membership here is not here to sell shit ,its to learn and find out information on products everyone uses.

Reactions: lash and 308pirate

Might want to go back and read that thread again as there were more than just me speaking in favor.

Reactions: lash and Baron23
Hi,

Geezus Christ!! Some of the replies in this thread cannot possibly be serious right?

You should probably start your own forum with your own rules for your own membership base...all for free of course.

How many members posting in this thread actually report threads you read that are clearly a commercial entity operating on this forum as an individual?

Maybe, just maybe if there wasn't a dozen of those type of accounts a week that are stealing money from the Snipers Hide LLC (REMEMBER IT IS A BUSINESS) then the individual "supporter" cost could be lower....It doesn't need to be but maybe it would be.

How many members posting in this thread actually report threads that clearly belong in the PX section of the forum but are posted in the informational sections of the forum?

Maybe, just maybe if there wasn't a dozed of those type of threads a day that are stealing money from the Snipers Hide LLC (REMEMBER IT IS A BUSINESS) then the individual "supporter" cost could be lower....It doesn't need to be but maybe it would be.

How many members posting in this thread actually report threads that link sales to abc companies?

Maybe, just maybe if that rule was followed and discouraged more by the members here that Snipers Hide LLC (REMEMBER IT IS A BUSINESS) could get additional commercial supporters here that pay 10x what the individual supporter pays because that commercial supporter knows they would be advertising and participating on a forum where they were supported over the abc flash in the pan sale link.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Jlficken posted at AR15 he has signed out of the Hide and will not be back. Now we all wait with bated breath until the return. Lol
Did 99% of the members follow him over his gripe with the PX ..........

• Haha
Reactions: lash
PX was so cluttered. Glad to see the change so I can focus on higher value items and less scammers too, love the move.

Here's how I see it (and Im a new member, so save the rotten tomatoes until after I get off my soap box).

This is a specialized set of customers, if you are selling something. You want to sell on armslist to gun guys? you pay for it. You want to sell on gunbroker? you pay for it.

If you're selling some one-off thing, maybe arfcom classifieds are for you. But the member-base here is the memberbase that can afford to pay more money for more expensive things you may want to sell. Whenever I look for stuff to BUY here that I personally want, I rarely see things sitting past 2 months. Ive had arfcom listings sit for months, and Ive had stuff I bought there cheaper than expected because the bulk of the people sell the same cheap stuff there.

You want to sell $3 a round 6.5 creedmoor ammo you squirreled up on during Covid? this is the spot to find a buyer for bulk. If you want to do the same on gunbroker, $20+ in fees if/when it sells is gonna be the norm and you're still dealing with paypal transaction fees, or even worse, their GB pay crypto super secret squirrel 2 weeks in prccessing time gateway system.

As a "seller", this is a valuable audience you gain access to, with zero transaction fees, for $20 a month. If you buy and sell shit often, that $20 is a wash. Ive sold off a ton of ammo on Gunbroker, that in retrospect, I'd likely have made more money on, just selling here, and not paying countless final value fee and listing upgrades on.

Even outside of selling, this forum exclusively seems to offer incredibly valuable information that you cannot find elsewhere. Look at the MDT Oryx thread alone..the memberbase here is easily the best testing and feedback source across the internet for that product.

Here's how I see it (and Im a new member, so save the rotten tomatoes until after I get off my soap box).

This is a specialized set of customers, if you are selling something. You want to sell on armslist to gun guys? you pay for it. You want to sell on gunbroker? you pay for it.

If you're selling some one-off thing, maybe arfcom classifieds are for you. But the member-base here is the memberbase that can afford to pay more money for more expensive things you may want to sell. Whenever I look for stuff to BUY here that I personally want, I rarely see things sitting past 2 months. Ive had arfcom listings sit for months, and Ive had stuff I bought there cheaper than expected because the bulk of the people sell the same cheap stuff there.

You want to sell $3 a round 6.5 creedmoor ammo you squirreled up on during Covid? this is the spot to find a buyer for bulk. If you want to do the same on gunbroker, $20+ in fees if/when it sells is gonna be the norm and you're still dealing with paypal transaction fees, or even worse, their GB pay crypto super secret squirrel 2 weeks in prccessing time gateway system.

As a "seller", this is a valuable audience you gain access to, with zero transaction fees, for $20 a month. If you buy and sell shit often, that $20 is a wash. Ive sold off a ton of ammo on Gunbroker, that in retrospect, I'd likely have made more money on, just selling here, and not paying countless final value fee and listing upgrades on.

Even outside of selling, this forum exclusively seems to offer incredibly valuable information that you cannot find elsewhere. Look at the MDT Oryx thread alone..the memberbase here is easily the best testing and feedback source across the internet for that product.

Hard to argue with that.

This thread reminds me when people complained about PRS. It never made sense to me. Bitching and complaining on the sideline while the owner runs their company. If you don’t like it, don’t shoot it. Or build your own shit and run it. Being a side complainer accomplishes nothing.

Its $25 a year for ar15.com and the EE its way easier to navigate with way more contributors than the hide. I would
Happily pay $25 a year for the same here but damn what they are asking is insane and that what kills sites. I had a friend ask if he should be a site sponsor the other day and my response what F no its going to go in the toilet if they don’t change soon.

Its $25 a year for ar15.com and the EE its way easier to navigate with way more contributors than the hide. I would
Happily pay $25 a year for the same here but damn what they are asking is insane and that what kills sites. I had a friend ask if he should be a site sponsor the other day and my response what F no its going to go in the toilet if they don’t change soon.
It cost what it does because this sites primary use/design was never to be a gunbroker site. It’s full of knowledge/training opportunities and great people who share that knowledge and training. Be it PRS, LR, LE, recreational shooting, military etc

The PX attracts scammers and people looking to offload their shit when prices are high. The result is people who don’t do their homework and jump on the “great deal” before them and get scammed. Then run to the mods as if it’s there fault they sent $$$ to someone who they had zero knowledge of

I love the knowledge I’ve gained over the years from this site. The PX is an added bonus and it’s saved me lots of $$ and got me gear that without this site I wouldn’t know existed or have purchased

The px is a headache for the mods. It’s been discussed doing away with it all together many times.

As far as getting a commercial account and what not. Not saying your friend would benefit one way or the next for whatever his business is. But I’ll certainly guess that companies like Mile High Shooting, LRI, ZCO, TBAC and Tac Ops get a decent share of business from members here.

Last edited:
It cost what it does because this sites primary use/design was never to be a gunbroker site. It’s full of knowledge/training opportunities and great people who share that knowledge and training. Be it PRS, LR, LE, recreational shooting, military etc

The PX attracts scammers and people looking to offload their shit when prices are high. The result is people who don’t do their homework and jump on the “great deal” before them and get scammed. Then run to the mods as if it’s there fault they sent $$$ to someone who they had zero knowledge of

I love the knowledge I’ve gained over the years from this site. The PX is an added bonus and it’s saved me lots of $$ and got me gear that without this site I wouldn’t know existed or have purchased

The px is a headache for the mods. It’s been discussed doing away with it all together many times.

As far as getting a commercial account and what not. Not saying your friend would benefit one way or the next for whatever his business is. But I’ll certainly guess that companies like Mile High Shooting, LRI, ZCO, TBAC and Tac Ops get a decent share of business from members here.
Same could have been said for the ar15 EE but a good feedback system kept it in check and that never happened here until recently. A good feedback system could have kept the scammers away pretty easily. Now it’s $20 a month to think about posting something and all of that “knowledge” is still “free” doesn’t make since. Ya I get charging a fee just a 1000% more than your competitor

LOL If you knew how many times people yelled "this will kill the site" with changes you would laugh too. Again, only thing you have to pay for is to sell on the site. You can read, post and buy anywhere. And the AR15 EE is nothing compared to here for selling PR stuff.

LOL If you knew how many times people yelled "this will kill the site" with changes you would laugh too. Again, only thing you have to pay for is to sell on the site. You can read, post and buy anywhere. And the AR15 EE is nothing compared to here for selling PR stuff.
Same thing with PRS. People claimed prs would die and seeing all the crying was cringey. Either shoot it or don’t. Or make your own league.

Not even remotely close to the PX here.

Reactions: Rob01
Same thing with PRS. People claimed prs would die and seeing all the crying was cringey. Either shoot it or don’t. Or make your own league.

Yup. I don’t care for the PRS so I don’t join and just shoot matches. Same thing.

The thread on arfcom got updated, which brought me to this thread. I haven't needed to advertise anything here, but I gotta say the change wasn't a bad idea. I'm on here, arfcom, and a few others, including Long Range Hunting. LRH has free ads, but it's kind of devolved into about 80% of every day's new postings are the ads, so that gets old, skipping through everyone's overpriced ads looking for interesting threads.

Yup still people bitching on AR15 about it. One even said:

“I'm sure its made no difference, but I haven't been through the classifieds there in months....and I used to check it at least every couple days.”

What?!? Nothing has changed for people looking through ads and buying but the change stopped him? Lol Can’t make it up.

Yep and as they predicted it has completely shut down traffic over here, oh wait never mind. The people that are here for what is important are still here posting and the people that were here to just to offload and not contribute are gone. Traffic hasn't slowed and this community isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: lash and Rob01
Traffic remain solid as a rock

We have never been busier in terms of raw numbers

It was only natural consider how product is bought and sold here through the classifieds

Our ads are doing better too as I finally put a team in place to handle that but I try not spam you with that stuff

Same could have been said for the ar15 EE but a good feedback system kept it in check and that never happened here until recently. A good feedback system could have kept the scammers away pretty easily. Now it’s $20 a month to think about posting something and all of that “knowledge” is still “free” doesn’t make since. Ya I get charging a fee just a 1000% more than your competitor

iu

Frank, it's your site and your rules but that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything you do. As far as contributing no I didn't as I had hoped that actually contributing to discussions on the site by trying to help people was my contribution...I guess it wasn't.

If you wanted to have a basic membership for say $25/yr I'd happily pay that just like I do on Arfcom but I really don't see $200+/yr of value for me considering my range membership is $50/yr.
Am I missing something here? If you don't want to pay for the service......don't fucking pay for the service.

im-afraid-the-strain-was-more-than-he-could-bear.jpg

Not missing anything. Some just don’t get it.