• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about the Sinclair 3rd generation bipods

cornhusker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2012
Towandaa,Pa
I have tried different bipods and can not keep them steady no matter what it do..
I suppose a lot has to do with the ground condition at different ranges.
I know the Sinclairs are a bit pricey but if it will help improve my scores maybe
worth it..I have already spent that on all the other ones...Also think sometimes
my scope could be a little higher...Damn,maybe stick to fishing..lol

Are you referring to their F-Class bipods or the tactical Bipod? You can usually catch them on sale for a decent price. I have both and they have their uses. The tactical bipod is ugly as hell but it's robust. I beat the hell out of it and so far no issues. If it ever broke I'd just exchange it, lifetime guarantee and all.

Are you new into longrange shooting also what bipod and scope are you using currently.

Basicshootingis only 300 to 500 yard bullseye targets..Just put my weaver t36 on it today.I am using their tactical bipod right now.
Didn't really like the Harris models....

Reactions: Jude
maybe post a pic of you shooting prone and list out what you do for a rear rest? no reason you shouldn't be getting rock-steady. i have two different harris bipods, and a gg&g and versapod and can get rock-steady with each. keep the bipod as low as you can (gun closer to the ground) and that will be steadier than having the bipod legs more extended.

The Sinclair bipod looks awesome. I wonder if the feet are interchangeable?
To the OP: are you using a rear bag? Can you be more specific as to why you can't get steady on a bipod? Shooting from a bench or prone? "Ground conditions", suggests prone I suppose.

The Sinclair bipod looks awesome. I wonder if the feet are interchangeable?
To the OP: are you using a rear bag? Can you be more specific as to why you can't get steady on a bipod? Shooting from a bench or prone? "Ground conditions", suggests prone I suppose.

due to back issues and my gut I FIND I CAN NOT GET RIGHT BEHIND THE RIFLE..i AM USING A REAR BAG AS WELL...

I know i'm beating this to death..But do you think the 3rd generation bipod from Sinclair
would be a lot more stable than the other's...I know I need to shoot more often..
Might use a sleeping bag for this winter..lol

More stable? Yes, most likely. It will be a different type of shooting than the tactical. The feet are smooth to allow it to track with recoil so you don't "load" it like you do a tactical bipod. It's more made to mimic shooting from a benchrest than anything. I wouldn't suggest using it for tactical shooting or even hunting most likely. Mainly for when you are at the range and want to shoot tiny groups.

More stable? Yes, most likely. It will be a different type of shooting than the tactical. The feet are smooth to allow it to track with recoil so you don't "load" it like you do a tactical bipod. It's more made to mimic shooting from a benchrest than anything. I wouldn't suggest using it for tactical shooting or even hunting most likely. Mainly for when you are at the range and want to shoot tiny groups.

thanks for the reply.my main use will be ft/r shoots which here are only 300 and 500..paper targets..i use a 223 only..