• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for special forces(and anyone else who ca

Re: Question for special forces(and anyone else who ca

JJ tell me about bragg... where did you go to sfas? what your favorite strip club in fayetteville? whats the most famous road on bragg? what is the name of the most famous sculpture on bragg? convince me that you are reall on bragg at range 37..... I took sotic 1 and 2... tell me how to get to range 37. once again i will apologize if you are real. im sure that you understand our misgivings and all. tell me about robin sage.... tell me about s.e.r.e. pm me if you are worried about opsec

battle scarred I wouldnt ask about SERE school, a lot of different MOSs and rates take that depending on what they do...

I don't think a p.m with info regarding sere etc would be appropriate. How about just ask your folks to track his user name to find the real name and then prove/disprove his claims.

If he is SF on bragg, he will know about s.e.r.e. and where it is held, and what it consists of. I would also like to know his mos and specific language. I want to believe him. I am giving him an opportunity to convince me at least.

he doesnt have to provide super scret squirrel info, just some specifics that only certain people would know.

Where'd J.J. go?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: battle-scarred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to believe him. I am giving him an opportunity to convince me at least. </div></div>

+1

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Hide, Ed. Please understand that when guys come in after joining two days ago, claiming to be something with no backup, the B.S. filter goes "ding, ding, ding." Nothing personal. Thanks for running the gauntlet.

If you survive the gauntlet you are usually OK....... welcome to the hide.

Welcome to the Hide JJ, What a hazing!!

Subguns work better on glass at close range.

We have several H&K UMP's on our team although we use mostly M4's. The UMP's are much more predictable on auto glass. Additionally there isn't much on a car that is going to stop a 230gr JHP. It won't penetrate soft body armor, but at the rate of fire those things put out you aren't going to be doing much in the way of an offensive attack.

For GP use I would rather have a suppressed 10.5" M4. Currently I run a suppressed 14.5" M4. It's not too bad indoors, but I wouldn't want to have to clear a boat with it.

100_4948.jpg

I am not Special Forces (although some think I am "special").

There's a number of real SF guys on here. In fact, one of the guys who started SOTIC and is currently at Range 37 as a civi is a member, though rarely here. I'll get ahold of him and give him a heads up.

The vetting questions being asked here are basic knowledge, could be answered by just about anyone stationed at a unit at Bragg, i.e. 82nd.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time at Bragg and at Mackall. He sounds legit to me. Welcome to the Hide.

BTW, I didn't know they were teaching Turkish at SWC, but that shit changes all the time. I actually think you've got one of the better SWC assignments. You could be a D Co TAC, and that would really suck. My best friend is doing his SWC tour at Yuma. That's a pretty sweet gig as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you survive the gauntlet you are usually OK....... welcome to the hide.

Sorry for riding you! We have all learned to watch out for our own. Your story was an immediate BS flag coming from a new guy. Sorry for the internet drama!
laugh.gif

Enjoy the Site. </div></div>

Our own?!

As if being on this site gives you credibility...
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The vetting questions being asked here are basic knowledge, could be answered by just about anyone stationed at a unit at Bragg, i.e. 82nd.</div></div>

Kinda takes it to another level when you give your name and list a well documented comp that you and your named partner won. That's not just stolen valor, it's stolen identity
laugh.gif

Just sayin

I can say I am anybody I wanna say, I am still callin BS, and thats fine, I dont need to believe anyone's background on here to have good discussion with them about whatever, welcome and lets talk more gats yo!

P.S. My name is Leroy Jenkins, now LETS DO THIS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a number of real SF guys on here. In fact, one of the guys who started SOTIC and is currently at Range 37 as a civi is a member, though rarely here. I'll get ahold of him and give him a heads up.

The vetting questions being asked here are basic knowledge, could be answered by just about anyone stationed at a unit at Bragg, i.e. 82nd.
</div></div>

Ed is about as real as real can be....talked to him and Chance a few times before, actually shot with them as well.....you guys cant leave well enough alone can you? Anyone wanna bet that there is some one "in question" in this photo?????

CFfundraisingevent139.jpg

Dave, not really. There have been at least one and probably more articles written on that match, with names of the winners, etc. In fact Larue put out a newsletter describing the match and that it was won with their guns.

I'm not saying he's a poser, hell I don't know. But there have been quite a number of posers to come through here. It's been awhile since the last one, but I'm not on here as much anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smithc6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you survive the gauntlet you are usually OK....... welcome to the hide.

Sorry for riding you! We have all learned to watch out for our own. Your story was an immediate BS flag coming from a new guy. Sorry for the internet drama!
laugh.gif

Enjoy the Site. </div></div>

Our own?!

As if being on this site gives you credibility...
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Your mother called. head back home, the rec center is closing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smithc6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As if being on this site gives you credibility...
crazy.gif
</div></div>

There are a <span style="text-decoration: underline">lot</span> of guys here with truckloads of credibility. They are the guys that we listen to without question. We may not agree with their thoughts, but we defer to their experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smithc6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As if being on this site gives you credibility...
crazy.gif
</div></div>

There are a <span style="text-decoration: underline">lot</span> of guys here with truckloads of credibility. They are the guys that we listen to without question. We may not agree with their thoughts, but we defer to their experience. </div></div>

I was calling out KYS as he has none. He tried calling out JJ when he didnt even know the difference between 10th division and SEAL team 10.

My point to him was to leave it to the real guys to make the distinction. He was all but ready to hang him in the shout box until he got his "confirmation."

And his comeback to me was hes been on here longer as if that gave him some sort of credibility.

Agreed,

Having a family member do SEALS for 12yrs and volunteering at the VA hospital in VA once or twice you'd be pretty hard on your luck to find anyone just bloating about combat where they were at risk of dying much less talk about a incident of their own incompentence with a weapon system like its a video game or something.

I guess next time I need to read the whole thread before replying.

WOW.

Guys remember a couple of things. Sometimes the real BTDT guys just know what they need to know to get the job done. They don't sweat the minutia because it's unneeded baggage.

You don't need to know the MV of the bullet on your subgun to put a bullet in someones chest.

I usually give guys some benefit of the doubt until they step on their dick. Then I am happy to publicly out them.

Time on the Hide is not the credibility I'm talking about. For example, Shankster has credibility in my book because he is the resident class clown. He always makes me laugh and I could care a less if he can shoot. However, if I have a question about the application of DA, I will listen to Lindy first. If I want to hone my skills on shooting position or trigger control, I'm about Frank and Jacob. If it's about fieldcraft, then John. Ghillie construction, Zac. Rifle construction, George. Life wisdom, Greg. Legal stuff, Graham. Etc, etc.

Well according to some thats all they need to blast these so called posers...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a number of real SF guys on here. In fact, one of the guys who started SOTIC and is currently at Range 37 as a civi is a member, though rarely here. I'll get ahold of him and give him a heads up.

</div></div>

well, im not going to ask a bunch of sensitive questions on the internet in front the whole world. Besides, he didnt answer all of my questions. Like you said, they are basic questions, and anybody stationed at bragg could answer them. w/e my care cup is now empty.

J.J. is the real deal and is not a poser. I just got off the phone with him. I have been to Range 37 quite a few times and have met and shot with him and he is the guy he is claiming to be.

I really hope that validation makes those guys feel better now...sheesh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: battle-scarred</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a number of real SF guys on here. In fact, one of the guys who started SOTIC and is currently at Range 37 as a civi is a member, though rarely here. I'll get ahold of him and give him a heads up.

</div></div>

well, im not going to ask a bunch of sensitive questions on the internet in front the whole world. Besides, he didnt answer all of my questions. Like you said, they are basic questions, and anybody stationed at bragg could answer them. w/e my care cup is now empty. </div></div>

ill post it again:

Ed is about as real as real can be....talked to him and Chance a few times before, actually shot with them as well.....you guys cant leave well enough alone can you? Anyone wanna bet that there is some one "in question" in this photo?????

CFfundraisingevent139.jpg

Are we really still talking about this? Hey if any of yall are gonna be in the Ft Bragg area I'm probably going to run a 2or3 gun match sometime in April May time frame. pistol, carbine, and If I have an extra day precision rifle. no shotgun. we aren't breaching

I'll try to have our website updated before Christmas. The pics will give you an idea of the match.

www.range37combatshoot.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.J. McQuade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are we really still talking about this? Hey if any of yall are gonna be in the Ft Bragg area I'm probably going to run a 2or3 gun match sometime in April May time frame. pistol, carbine, and If I have an extra day precision rifle. no shotgun. we aren't breaching

I'll try to have our website updated before Christmas. The pics will give you an idea of the match.

www.range37combatshoot.com
</div></div>

Sorry, those guys just really got on my nerves.

Wish I was closer, Id be there in a heartbeat to learn...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">J.J. is the real deal and is not a poser. I just got off the phone with him. I have been to Range 37 quite a few times and have met and shot with him and he is the guy he is claiming to be. </div></div>

well allright. J.J. I apologize for questioning your honesty. In my defense, this is the internet, and the land of keyboard commando posers. Im sure you don't mind if people like me defend the accomplishments of people like you, from those who would borrow them under false pretenses. My hats off to you for what you have accomplished in the military. Im just a retired has been now, but I hate Fayetteville to, hah.

Ed, if you could be so kind, could you offer a DNA sample for our in-house testing and evaluation. Short of that, STFU
laugh.gif
wink.gif

The P90 seems to have developed a niche. It might not be a good weapon for the general military or even special forces per say, but it seems to excel as a police weapon. It’s short and relatively light with high magazine capacity and low recoil. For room clearing against people without armor or old armor at close range there may be nothing better. Two rounds in a guy is, always better than one. Shot placement is more critical at close range, the P90 makes it easier.

I think it has been settled out, but yes, JJ is one of the instructors on 37 and yes he is the real deal. He runs a real sweet 3 gun match that, if you guys are near, I recommend you come by and see how bad you are going to get embarrassed.
smile.gif

Thanks Rick and welcome Ed.
Looks like I was wrong on Turkish, maybe it went away later...

You may have seen some of our stuff cross your desk, little round black thing.

Justin

Well I feel like an ass! I apologized like I said I would. Welcome and happy trails JJ. I just am getting so tired of the typical clowns that turn up in some of the threads here. 9 out of 10 are full of hot air that's the only reason I inquired.

Good luck to you JJ, from what I've heard you are a Hell of a marksman.

Maybe someday soon smith will grow up and let shit go. He holds a grudge tighter then a fat kid holds his last twinkie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The P90 seems to have developed a niche. It might not be a good weapon for the general military or even special forces per say, but it seems to excel as a police weapon. It’s short and relatively light with high magazine capacity and low recoil. For room clearing against people without armor or old armor at close range there may be nothing better. Two rounds in a guy is, always better than one. Shot placement is more critical at close range, the P90 makes it easier. </div></div>

Not sure who you have spoken with, but everyone I have talked to who has actually been involved in a shoot with a P90 has disliked them. Granted that's only a handful, but the weapon has not inspired confidence in the hands of warriors in the field. For clarity I am talking about the LE only select fire P90 NOT the civilian PS90.

I would choose one of our UMP's over a P90. I might pickup a PS90 if I ever find a good price on one. It would make a great rabbit gun.

While a PS90 is not a practical platform, IMHO. For CQB rolls for military or LE they are sure as hell fun when they are SBRed and/or full auto.

I think if they ever get picked up the Kriss Super V in 40 or 45 is an awesome weapon system. They pack a punch and have almost no recoil. Not to mention one of the fastest MG's carrying the 45 ACP on the market.

First of all let me say that I am NOT Military or ex-military just a competitive shooter with a profound respect for all who have or are serving our country.
I do shoot SMG's regularly in competition and maybe its due to the high round count in a normal course of fire but I have always said that I would NOT want to take a SMG into a real fight. There seems to be major reliability issues with most of these guns and I hate to say it but the MP5 seems to be the least reliable.
Through my competitive shooting travels (mostly 3-gun) I have run into quite a few SF guys and I know the JJ creds have been validated. Let me just say one more thing. I have won several of what are considered to be "national" SMG comps. And JJ shot one with me once and nearly kicked my ass with my own gun, so he is definitely "proficient" with a SMG.