• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Question on MH25 Helmet mount/bridge

Bevo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2018
TEXAS
I am looking at HMT and the MH25 seems the most reasonable to me right now. I might switch that thinking over to the new nvision offering, but I assume that doesn't change my question here.

Question is, if only running one MH25, what is the optimal way to mount to a helmet?

If I plan to run duals in the future, or one thermal and one PVS14, then should I buy a bridge now?

I have looked at the modarmory lightweight bridge...would that work with a MH25?

Reactions: Jgunner
To all. I successfully make the MOD Breach arm and Breach work for me on the Light Weight Version Bridge. But I have a narrow IPD and also know how to turn the Breach mounting arm around and adjust it to make it work. YMMV. The safer bet for most people would be the Quick Detach Bridge. It is truly plug and play for any and all.

I have run the Breach successfully on every Mod Bridge made. Pay attention to how the Breach arm is adjusted on each mount. That is the trick.

Left to Right: Breach on Quick Detach Mount. Breach on Original Light Weigh Mount. Breach on current new Light Weight Mount.

1600617277717.png

Last edited:
To all. I successfully make the MOD Breach arm and Breach work for me on the Light Weight Version Bridge. But I have a narrow IPD and also know how to turn the Breach mounting arm around and adjust it to make it work. YMMV. The safer bet for most people would be the Quick Detach Bridge. It is truly plug and play for any and all.

I have run the Breach successfully on every Mod Bridge made. Pay attention to how the Breach arm is adjusted on each mount. That is the trick.

Left to Right: Breach on Quick Detach Mount. Breach on Original Light Weigh Mount. Breach on current new Light Weight Mount.

View attachment 7428277

Just out of curiosity @WhereNow&How , what is your IPD? Just had mine measured at 67 mm.

I'd rather save a few bucks and the weight by getting the LW if I splurge on the MH25.

FYI, it would appear the MH25 might actually be cheaper in Canada - listing for $4399 CAD which is $3310 USD at the moment here:

https://www.brandonoptics.com/Xinfrared-Mini-Series-ML19MH25-Thermal-Imaging-Monocular_p_3160.html

The specs on this site match the Iray user manual specs. Who knows, might be a knock off of the knock off.

Of course, getting the extra bits like mounts and a PVS eye piece are damn near impossible for us. Fawk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jgunner
Would this be good to test if it works with the Iray and PVS14 before dropping real money on an actual wilcox bridge?

Yeah, from a physical will they line up perspective perhaps, but I will not be hanging the net worth of a small car off of them in any sort of use setting.

Just out of curiosity @WhereNow&How , what is your IPD? Just had mine measured at 67 mm.

Never have measured mine (till now) and really don't know how to do that accurately. I don't use them fixed bridges like (Sentinels, Anvis etc) that won't articulate so can't use that to center up and measure.

But just took a set of Caliper's and centered on my eyes.

Looks to be 60 mm for what that is worth.

Reactions: adamjma
Never have measured mine (till now) and really don't know how to do that accurately. I don't use them fixed bridges like (Sentinels, Anvis etc) that won't articulate so can't use that to center up and measure.

But just took a set of Caliper's and centered on my eyes.

Looks to be 60 mm for what that is worth.

That's how I did mine. Managed not to puncture my eyeball, which I thought was a good thing.

Looks like I'll need to go with the OG model instead, just to be sure.

If funds only allowed for an MH25 and a PVS-14 to be dualled up, which would you place on the dominant eye?

That's how I did mine. Managed not to puncture my eyeball, which I thought was a good thing.

Looks like I'll need to go with the OG model instead, just to be sure.

If funds only allowed for an MH25 and a PVS-14 to be dualled up, which would you place on the dominant eye?
Thermal, but to each their own. Since thermal is 75% of necessity and nv is only 25, but if driving behind glass or looking though glass, switch. About the only thing nv does that thermal cant do is look through glass. Id’ing helps with nv but high end thermal can do it as well, but maybe not quite as good.

Reactions: adamjma

View attachment 7428277

I'm just getting into doing the homework on buying a mounting solution for a PVS/MH25 now, so forgive me if this is a basic question:
If I get the IC Dual mount - which I'm assuming is the one on the far left - can I easily disconnect one of the tubes to hand to a partner?

Also, any other parts to order other than one Breach arm and one PVS arm? I'm comparing it with a KVC bridge which seems to require a lot of other adapters and whatnot.

Thanks