• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Question on Silencer Shop Single Shot NFA Gun Trust

Rangerbob33

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Nebraska
Does any one know if you can purchase this even if you don't get your silencer from them? I am assuming no but thought I would ask.

Once your dealer has the number, they can apply for it. It will include a transfer fee from the dealer however. So, buy the suppressor and have it shipped to your dealer. Ideally, this is where you use the kiosk. The dealer will input the needed information and the transfer will be started to you.

Sounds like it won't be an option for me, I ordered my Thunder Beast Ultra 9 directly from TB as Silencer Shop didn't have them in stock and I wanted to take advantage of the group buy.

You still may be able to make it work. You had to have it shipped to your local dealer. If they are affiliated with SS, you can use SS to facilitate the transfer.

Side question on the same vein. If I buy one second hand from a friend would this work? I’m super green to the class 3 world, so sorry if that’s a dumb question

When buying a suppressor from any person or business, the transfer must be initiated through an FFL with the appropriate license. Since they are serialized, the same should be true in this case.

You can buy the Single Shot Trust from Silencer Shop without buying a silencer. Did it. It works fine.

I purchased the trust. Filled it out according to the instructions. Bought a silencer from my local shop. Brought in the trust, they did pictures and finger prints and submitted everything.