• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions from Oklahoma members.

I love it how some of these dumbfuckers drove through a state on the Interstate in the middle of the night, and now they’re a fucking expert on the geographics and anthropology of said state! 🤣🤣 Asshats!!!

Reactions: Gaslitnation
Just to clear the air for those not from Oklahoma and avoid confusion.
It is actually spelled "Rolls", as in the "Dawes Rolls."

You guys keep this up and people will start to get the impression that our teachers go on strike a little too often. 😉

You're correct. I didn't even notice when I texted that.

Oklahoma is attractive because it's affordable, if you grew up around hills or mountains you will go nuts because there aren't any though.

As for Indian blood my grandpa was born on an arizona reservation but the family always said california.
I'm guessing you never made it down to SE Oklahoma... While they aren't snowcapped peaks, the Kiamichis, Arbuckles, etc... are just as mountainous as any portion of the Ozarks. And some of those places are relatively remote for a lower 48 state.

Mike

I'm guessing you never made it down to SE Oklahoma... While they aren't snowcapped peaks, the Kiamichis, Arbuckles, etc... are just as mountainous as any portion of the Ozarks. And some of those places are relatively remote for a lower 48 state.

Mike

Shhhhhhhh...we don't talk about SE Oklahoma. We much prefer everyone to think it is both flat and without trees.

Unfortunately, Texas has found Broken Bow, and Hochatown, and Sardis Lake. Land prices have doubled here in the last five years and are probably going to double again in another five if the bottom doesn't fall out of the market.

Shhhhhhhh...we don't talk about SE Oklahoma. We much prefer everyone to think it is both flat and without trees.

Unfortunately, Texas has found Broken Bow, and Hochatown, and Sardis Lake. Land prices have doubled here in the last five years and are probably going to double again in another five if the bottom doesn't fall out of the market.
You have a point... I'm going to have to remember to just agree with people when they say Oklahoma sucks...

"Yep, don't move here. It sucks."

I know a lot of people who live here and bitch about how bad it is... And my usual reply is that there isn't a wall at the state line. We'll let you leave.

Mike

If that's true it's mind blowing.

Out here in AZ an ugly little 1200ft house in suburbia is 400k...

"Cultivated" land for use here went from $2,700/acre to $4,500/ acre here almost overnight (well, in two years). Now, 5-10 acre wooded plots with a view over Sardis lake are selling by the handfuls to Texans for $10-15K/acre.

I'm just thankful that here in Oklahoma, 100% retarded (disabled) vets don't pay property taxes. However, that only applies to the section you live on, and since the ranch sits across parts of four sections somehow, I still have to pay taxes on a couple hundred acres of land only. Fortunately it's only a fraction of what it would be otherwise.

My parents house in Spokane is 2,450sq/ft on 1/3 acre and was valued for taxes at over $400K too...crazy.

"Cultivated" land for use here went from $2,700/acre to $4,500/ acre here almost overnight (well, in two years). Now, 5-10 acre wooded plots with a view over Sardis lake are selling by the handfuls to Texans for $10-15K/acre.

I'm just thankful that here in Oklahoma, 100% retarded (disabled) vets don't pay property taxes. However, that only applies to the section you live on, and since the ranch sits across parts of four sections somehow, I still have to pay taxes on a couple hundred acres of land only. Fortunately it's only a fraction of what it would be otherwise.

My parents house in Spokane is 2,450sq/ft on 1/3 acre and was valued for taxes at over $400K too...crazy.

I'm building three houses right now in this area people pay 700-800 to live here:

100% retarded? Is that the actual municipal code wording????

Reactions: diggler1833
Made it!!!

Bought a nice little 3/1 in Lawton for well less than half what it would have cost in Virginia. Someone here smeared Lawton but I like it, hot and dry, good for my old arthritic joints. Not too big and not too small and people actually drive the speed limit. Been spending some time out in the Wichita Game Preserve, beautiful country, rocky, dry, with lots of little creeks dammed up to make lakes. Bison and Elk roaming free, feels like home to this old Maggot. If youre in the area give a shout.

Met a couple young soldiers form the base (Ft. Sill) who helped me move a big couch, took them out for supper for helping and we'll likely go shooting in a week or so. Theres a nice range called 'Fouled Bore' with steel out to 1250 yds. If this is the quality of men protecting our country we should be fine...except for the politicians.

God Bless America and all who stand for freedom.

Maggot out.

In SoCal for that you get a trailer on 1/8 acre...that you cant do anything on without a permit and try getting one.

Reactions: BCP and Redheeler
Made it!!!

Bought a nice little 3/1 in Lawton for well less than half what it would have cost in Virginia. Someone here smeared Lawton but I like it, hot and dry, good for my old arthritic joints. Not too big and not too small and people actually drive the speed limit. Been spending some time out in the Wichita Game Preserve, beautiful country, rocky, dry, with lots of little creeks dammed up to make lakes. Bison and Elk roaming free, feels like home to this old Maggot. If youre in the area give a shout.

Met a couple young soldiers form the base (Ft. Sill) who helped me move a big couch, took them out for supper for helping and we'll likely go shooting in a week or so. Theres a nice range called 'Fouled Bore' with steel out to 1250 yds. If this is the quality of men protecting our country we should be fine...except for the politicians.

Maggot out.
If you like it now, just imagine how well you will like it when we get some normal rain and not this horrible drought. Heard yesterday that it could go on for another year. Lets hope not. By the way......welcome my new neighbor.

Also.......you picked the right side of I-35 to live on. East and west of I-35 is two totally different states.

If you like it now, just imagine how well you will like it when we get some normal rain and not this horrible drought. Heard yesterday that it could go on for another year. Lets hope not. By the way......welcome my new neighbor.
Thanks, we got a nice gully washer yesterday but it didnt last long enough.

Made it!!!

Maggot out.
Fouled bore occasionally has the mile target up but I haven’t seen it and I’ve been going out there for several years, but last time I was there I believe 1450 was the farthest steel setup. When are you planning to go out I need to make another trip it’s been too long.

Reactions: Maggot
Maggot - glad you made it, hope it all works out as planned for you. Sorry we didn't get a chance to shoot more while you were still in VA. I am not going to be staying here in VA long term either...

I'm in the middle of a move to eastern Okrahoma. Bought 120 acres of old family land with mineral rights. Gotta put in a well and such. Build a home. I'm going to buy a little 3/1 or so to live in while that all takes place. I may keep it as a rental but that can turn into a real headache. I might just flip it when it the time comes if I can turn a profit.
Only one neighbor even close and he seems like a real good guy. A well maintained fence should keep us on good terms.
I can get over 1000 yards and stay well within my property lines.
I hate to leave Idaho but this was just too good to pass up, plus I will be about 18 hours closer to work.

I'm in the middle of a move to eastern Okrahoma. Bought 120 acres of old family land with mineral rights. Gotta put in a well and such. Build a home. I'm going to buy a little 3/1 or so to live in while that all takes place. I may keep it as a rental but that can turn into a real headache. I might just flip it when it the time comes if I can turn a profit.
Only one neighbor even close and he seems like a real good guy. A well maintained fence should keep us on good terms.
I can get over 1000 yards and stay well within my property lines.
I hate to leave Idaho but this was just too good to pass up, plus I will be about 18 hours closer to work.

Good luck on the move. Hope you can build the range you want.

Renting a small house out in rural Eastern Oklahoma is risky. Not that all rental tenants are trash out here...but it is a 50/50 at absolute best. Your idea to flip would probably be the wiser route.

Good luck on the move. Hope you can build the range you want.

Renting a small house out in rural Eastern Oklahoma is risky. Not that all rental tenants are trash out here...but it is a 50/50 at absolute best. Your idea to flip would probably be the wiser route.
Yes.
Some of the family have or have had rentals. They say that serious vetting is absolutely required. One of my cousins had a time evicting a tenant, had to use the courts and the sheriff. I told him I'd have just told them they had about 15 minutes to gather what they could before I collected the fire insurance as I tossed several flares in the house.
I'm more inclined to just flip it.

Reactions: diggler1833
I just can’t believe you would want to live there instead of just finding a secluded place near eastern shore MD or something. I looked on the maps and OK has no forests and no rivers!!! OMG

Hopefully you still own the place in VA

Fouled bore occasionally has the mile target up but I haven’t seen it and I’ve been going out there for several years, but last time I was there I believe 1450 was the farthest steel setup. When are you planning to go out I need to make another trip it’s been too long.
Im beat from the move so not this weekend but maybe next. Ill shoot you a PM.
I just can’t believe you would want to live there instead of just finding a secluded place near eastern shore MD or something. I looked on the maps and OK has no forests and no rivers!!! OMG

Hopefully you still own the place in VA
You'd be surprised. This area has lots of lakes and small creeks/rivers that are dammed to make small lakes. NO traffic congestion like the east coast.

What I really love is the lack of humidity. I was just back in Va. picking up furniture and it rained for 12 days straight. My joints felt like they were swollen. ere inH Ok. they feel great...well, at 72, not great but a lot better. And housing is affordable...apparently the Texans havent found Lawton yet, so as the newest Okie, let me say, Oklahoma is full, go to Wyoming with @Bender. LOL.

Made it!!!

Maggot out.
If you don't mind me asking... Whereabouts in Lawton?

Mike

Made it!!!

Maggot out.
I was going to mention Fouled Bore. But I see you've already found out about it.

Lived in Lawton when I was a kid... It can be kind of a rough place sometimes... Military town. Just keep that in mind.

Mike

I was going to mention Fouled Bore. But I see you've already found out about it.

Lived in Lawton when I was a kid... It can be kind of a rough place sometimes... Military town. Just keep that in mind.

Mike
Yah Ive seen that side, WalMart is spooky at times.

Ah Methlahomo, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I roughnecked around the Pampa, Lawton, Canadian, Woodward area. You want remote, there is some remote areas in the pan handle of OK, and the states that touch it. I know some cool stuff in the SE corner of CO you wont find on a map. I always liked Woodward. I considered to be wet there though, perceptions are relative. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Im beat from the move so not this weekend but maybe next. Ill shoot you a PM.

You'd be surprised. This area has lots of lakes and small creeks/rivers that are dammed to make small lakes. NO traffic congestion like the east coast.

What I really love is the lack of humidity. I was just back in Va. picking up furniture and it rained for 12 days straight. My joints felt like they were swollen. ere inH Ok. they feel great...well, at 72, not great but a lot better. And housing is affordable...apparently the Texans havent found Lawton yet, so as the newest Okie, let me say, Oklahoma is full, go to Wyoming with @Bender. LOL.
The interesting thing is I am somewhat contemplating moving from Oklahoma to Wyoming. Thinking maybe the southwest part. Mountain View, Evanston area, etc. It won't be anytime soon.

The interesting thing is I am somewhat contemplating moving from Oklahoma to Wyoming. Thinking maybe the southwest part. Mountain View, Evanston area, etc. It won't be anytime soon.
Bender welcomes you.

thumb-1920-206242.jpg