• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Quick Answer Needed: Tula Small Rifle Primer KVB223

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I know nothing about the Tula small rifle primers other than these are designed for 223 rounds; the KVB223M is the NATO spec if I recall correctly.

How are these? For my 308 I use the 7.62 Tula primers and they are awesome. Any reviews on these, and will these work well with ball powder like AA2230 and/or small extruded like Benchmark?

Thanks

I use their small rifle, large rifle, small pistol, and large pistol so far I've only had an issue with 2 small pistol primers not igniting out of over 500.

I use their small rifle, large rifle, small pistol, and large pistol so far I've only had an issue with 2 small pistol primers not igniting out of over 500.

Yeah I have the large rifle 7.62 and was very impressed. Wasn't sure about the 223 primers as I heard they had a soft cup but ready they fixed that and these should be GTG.

Was under 10k in small rifle so relieved to grab another 25k for now.

Thanks

I've run about 1500 of their regular SR primers, so far, in two different ARs and had zero issues. If the 223 specific primers are even harder, I'm sure they're GTG, as well. I've been using their large rifle primers in match quality loads for a few years now and not had any issues with those, either. Great primers for an even better price, in my opinion.

I've run about 1k through my AR (556) with no surprises or failures. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up more.