• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Quick Spuhr/TRG Mount Question

PatrickChewing

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 28, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Ok guys, just want to double check what I need. I'm giving my TRG 22 a facelift and would like to add a dedicated Spuhr mount. My TRG is getting a new 6.5 Creemoor tube so I think the 24 MOA cant will be what I need. I will be using a Steiner 5-25 (56 mm objective) scope so should I go for the 1.38 or 1.73 height? Any help will be much appreciated!

Clay

If you are using the receiver dovetail to mount the Spuhr you will need the ST-4801 which is 44.4moa and 1.38" high. I used this mount on my TRG 22 with both 5-25 S&B and 5-25 Steiner.

I have a 1.38" Spuhr mount on my TRG-22 with S&B 5-25x. It's an outstanding mount. Here are a couple pic's:
    TRGrangedayAR15s001.jpg

TRGrangedayAR15s005.jpg

BTW, what barrel profile are you getting? I'd love to see pic's when it's done.

Thanks for the help fellas!

Matt, the barrel is the same TRG contour but made by Bartlein. Mark at Short Action Customs got them in 6.5mm.

I have a 4-16X50 Steiner on my TRG 22 in a Spuhr TRG ST-4701 mount (1.38"). I would not go any higher than that, its perfect and there is still plenty of room for a 56mm objective lens.