• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

Nice review. I have also been looking at QB. Never had a suppressor, but have a SBR. It's from back in the day before online filing.

Do these guys plan on offering A rifle can thats a little lighter anytime soon? Maybe a titanium tube with thinner 17-4 stainless baffles?
-
The 303 SS baffle Stack and the tube body and the take-down design is GTG and Not a big deal at all for me.
It's the ( 2 ) End-Caps, and if you weigh them are Heavy . They are Big weight contributor on the 223/308 trap .
I know It cost extra-$ for Ti. material, and end-caps . I would pay the extra cost to knock off a few ounces and bring it in under the 2Lb. mark .

I got my 3 “solvent traps” today. The fit and finish is first rate. My only complaint is the 30 cal is a fat pig and if I had to do it over I would have skipped out on it knowing that it was this heavy. Overall I highly recommend them and will probably buy a few more “traps” soon.

I got my 3 “solvent traps” today. The fit and finish is first rate. My only complaint is the 30 cal is a fat pig and if I had to do it over I would have skipped out on it knowing that it was this heavy. Overall I highly recommend them and will probably buy a few more “traps” soon.
This is what I was afraid of. The baffles look very thick also. Was hoping for something a little over a pound. A nomad is 17oz and all stainless construction also

Edit- besides the end caps

If I get the 45 trap, I would need to get the 9mm booster to use it on a 9mm pistol?

A booster doesnt connect to your gun. A booster is required to run a can on a pistol. You need pistons for every thread pitch you want to attach your can to...

Last edited:
Reactions: Geno C.
Here's what it should look like when manufacturing something from scratch on a Form 1

Next Screen

Let's say a guy screwed this up and listed his/her trust "The xyz Trust" as the manufacturer, got the warning, then clicked through it because everything that they had read indicated "the trust" would be the manufacturer, so it was implemented literally. What is the recourse because it does not seem to be something that can be edited after submission. Obviously, the worst thing that could happen is it gets rejected and you resubmit.

...asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck contacting them via email? I have sent them a few questions with no response.
I have had no luck e-mailing them. I did get a quick order confirmation and my .22LR trap shipped the next day with a tracking number. I looked him up on a facebook group for Form 1 builders, read several of his posts, including one that said "things are busy, shoot me a PM on facebook and I'll reply!" Still no reply.
I ended up answering most of my questions via research here, other sites, and on the facebook Form 1 builders group. What questions did you e-mail him? Maybe one of us can help you.

I have called three times and Bob answered the phone every time on the second ring. So far they have been great to deal with. They should be shipping my other two “traps” out this week.

I'm already a satisfied customer and I'll likely get another .22 trap and maybe the .30 cal trap for an AR, and I'd just like to know the weight on that rig - I will likely call him tomorrow.

The .30 cal trap is over 2 pounds. I was pretty surprised by the weight.
That is the weight listed on the webpage, but I've been crossing my fingers and hoping that was some sort of perverse "shipping weight" specification. I was hoping someone put one on their own digital scale for verification. My .22LR trap weighs 4.1 oz in the titanium configuration. 2.1 pounds seems prohibitively heavy.

That is the weight listed on the webpage, but I've been crossing my fingers and hoping that was some sort of perverse "shipping weight" specification. I was hoping someone put one on their own digital scale for verification. My .22LR trap weighs 4.1 oz in the titanium configuration. 2.1 pounds seems prohibitively heavy.
I too would like it to be lighter but not a big to me if it’s not. By the look of the wall thickness on each of the stainless baffles I would guess the 2lbs is accurate. If it feels too heavy on my rifles I might decide to turn a small amount of wall thickness off of each baffle from the inside diameter. I’ll hopefully weigh mine this week and let you know. Keep in mind it will weigh a small amount more since the baffles and end cap will not be drilled out.

I can not wait to buy this product. I have access to a lathe so when I F1 this I'll dial it in nice and tight.

I can not wait to buy this product. I have access to a lathe so when I F1 this I'll dial it in nice and tight.
I'm going to try and find a solvent trap kit that weighs less than this all steel setup. I don't know if that is economically possible vs just buying a commercially available setup (and waiting a year).
Maybe I'm over thinking this and weight doesn't matter that much on a bench queen and occasional rapid "solvent trapping."

Give me a bit and I’ll try to put together a partial review of an all ti setup from another trap company. I haven’t thoroughly tested them but so far it’s been good. I don’t want to derail this thread though.

Granted, I am still waiting on my approved Form 1 to come back, but what I like(d) about Quietbore is...
- One order gets you the outer tube, the cones, the end caps, etc. I want easy, this was easy.
- The drilling jig. They claim that with the guide, the runout will be less than .002". I don't have a lathe, I don't even have a drill press. This is perfect for guys like me.
- It's got titanium internals. This is a picture of it before any material has been removed. 4.0 ounces.

20190920_125434.jpg

Have all my form 1 paperwork submitted and have Received all three from QB. I haven’t weighed the 223/300 yet but yeah it’s heavy. The 22 and 9mm are great fit and finish and nice and light.
465A7EF7-6A9D-41C8-94BD-CC7936DDFEB9.jpeg

I ordered one of the .22 suppressors with titanium and engraving this past Monday night at 9:30. It shipped Tuesday and was delivered Thursday. I am very impressed with how quick they got it out to me. I’m also impressed with how nice the suppressor is as well. Now if I only the eforms would work so I could get a form 1 submitted.

I ordered one of the .22 suppressors with titanium and engraving this past Monday night at 9:30. It shipped Tuesday and was delivered Thursday. I am very impressed with how quick they got it out to me. I’m also impressed with how nice the suppressor is as well. Now if I only the eforms would work so I could get a form 1 submitted.

Is the website still not working for you? I just logged in to check on mine and everything appears to be fine.

Have all my form 1 paperwork submitted and have Received all three from QB. I haven’t weighed the 223/300 yet but yeah it’s heavy. The 22 and 9mm are great fit and finish and nice and light. View attachment 7150678

I am not capable of looking at the can on the right and thinking of anything besides the typical movie/TV pipe bomb. I will anxiously await a full review to see if it works well enough to justify the "budget" build of $350 + a $200 tax stamp. I'm intrigued by it, but cautious.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Form 1 was approved today. 6 weeks on a trust. Little longer than others but glad that it’s back and approved! I know what I’m doing this weekend now. Super excited to start on this thing.

Reactions: Geno C.
okay so i'm just trying to understand this better.

starting from beginning... I order my "trap" first, do the Efile/form1, wait for approval, then turn the "trap" into a can by drilling it out? are these the steps?

how do I get the serial number? is that needed before or after the form 1 file? (please excuse my ignorance)

You designate (make up) your own serial number. Individual or trust name, location, caliber, model, and serial number will be put on form 1 and have to be engraved on the suppressor.

do you have a time frame of when the serial number has to be engraved? like is this done the second you get it in the mail? just trying to figure out the legal steps of doing it correct. I appreciate your time.

I am not capable of looking at the can on the right and thinking of anything besides the typical movie/TV pipe bomb. I will anxiously await a full review to see if it works well enough to justify the "budget" build of $350 + a $200 tax stamp. I'm intrigued by it, but cautious.
-
that be a good register engraving ..( PipeBomb#1 ) ...lol
Looks not that big a deal, but.. the weight is a little overboard on that one, I feel like I am back in 1991 with 2Lb. Magnum Cal. Cans .

-
that be a good register engraving ..( PipeBomb#1 ) ...lol
Looks not that big a deal, but.. the weight is a little overboard on that one, I feel like I am back in 1991 with 2Lb. Magnum Cal. Cans .

I might have an overly-creative imagination regarding fear of unlikely events, but my serial number was simply my last initial followed by "-001" and my next one will be "-002". You'll note that I'm stupidly optimistic by giving myself 999 items before I need to revise this convention.

I might have an overly-creative imagination regarding fear of unlikely events, but my serial number was simply my last initial followed by "-001" and my next one will be "-002". You'll note that I'm stupidly optimistic by giving myself 999 items before I need to revise this convention.
I did almost the same thing. “XX”-001, -002 and -0003 so your not alone. Lol

I had grand plans for all of the cool/cute/funny names for my trust, suppressor models, serial numbers, etc. Then I realized I was going to be making legal documents, highly regulated NFA items, and there wasn't much room for humor should something not go perfectly according to Hoyle.

I had grand plans for all of the cool/cute/funny names for my trust, suppressor models, serial numbers, etc. Then I realized I was going to be making legal documents, highly regulated NFA items, and there wasn't much room for humor should something not go perfectly according to Hoyle.

Buddy of mine named his SBR "GHETTO BLASTER" it's on the list if you look :ROFLMAO:

I'm 3 weeks in to waiting on my stamp for the 22Ti can.

Has anyone run 22Wmr or 17HMR through one of these?

Basically 2lbs as is before drilling holes.
I’m going to chuck it up and turn some material off the ID of the baffles and maybe some off the end caps.
734BE877-A9CC-4B2B-B334-21D97C75F5E0.jpeg

Basically 2lbs as is before drilling holes.
I’m going to chuck it up and turn some material off the ID of the baffles and maybe some off the end caps.

I can't remember if you said that you received your stamp yet, but I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this after you have it drilled and have some rounds down range. This is obviously not a good candidate for hunting, but it would probably work just fine for a bench rifle.

I can't remember if you said that you received your stamp yet, but I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this after you have it drilled and have some rounds down range. This is obviously not a good candidate for hunting, but it would probably work just fine for a bench rifle.
Form 1 was submitted on 9/15/19 so it’s going to be about another month.
I did remove 0.030” off the wall of the baffles from the ID. The wall thickness started out at 0.096”. I left a section of the wall alone since each baffle seems to indicate from the inner diameter on the next baffle it rests on.
Removing this amount of material from each baffle resulted in a total reduction of 0.142lbs. This might not seem like much but it was exactly the same weight as one entire baffle before removing material. So it was like removing one baffle and ended up being an 8% reduction. I’m guessing drilling holes in the baffles and end cap will net another 0.200-0.300 lbs. so I’m getting closer to 1.5lbs. It’s hard to see the step of material I left at the original wall thickness but here’s a photo anyway.
7D5B58F9-63B2-4605-A851-6E94EF70F0BF.jpeg