• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

Maybe I should post this in a different thread. I haven't rolled my own prints and it would be so much easier to do so.
Local LE do it, but they only do it a couple hours once a week; n a work day in the middle of the day. Damn near impossible to get prints rolled. So previously I used the Silencershop kiosks, but that system is down for Form 1's currently.

I went ahead and ordered cards from the ATF distribution warehouse so I would have the FD-258LE cards. I understand that the fingerprint card has to be that specific card. Please correct me if I am wrong. link for those that want to order free cards. https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

Time to order a ink pad and give this a go.

Maybe I should post this in a different thread. I haven't rolled my own prints and it would be so much easier to do so.
Local LE do it, but they only do it a couple hours once a week; n a work day in the middle of the day. Damn near impossible to get prints rolled. So previously I used the Silencershop kiosks, but that system is down for Form 1's currently.

I went ahead and ordered cards from the ATF distribution warehouse so I would have the FD-258LE cards. I understand that the fingerprint card has to be that specific card. Please correct me if I am wrong. link for those that want to order free cards. https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

Time to order a ink pad and give this a go.

Ive sent in cards from my local Sheriff that werent from the ATF. They argued with me the ATF wouldnt accept the card, it had to be the ATF's cards. I told them to do the damn prints and give me the cards... I cam home, wrote the correct NFA info into the ORI field and submitted them. Got emailed form 1 approval 13 days later.....

Your best bet is yes, to order a stack from the ATF directly, its free and thats what I did for my last 2 Form 1 efilings. Just roll our prints 2x and submit them with the barcoded prints cover letter.

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
Ive sent in cards from my local Sheriff that werent from the ATF. They argued with me the ATF wouldnt accept the card, it had to be the ATF's cards. I told them to do the damn prints and give me the cards... I cam home, wrote the correct NFA info into the ORI field and submitted them. Got emailed form 1 approval 13 days later.....

Your best bet is yes, to order a stack from the ATF directly, its free and thats what I did for my last 2 Form 1 efilings. Just roll our prints 2x and submit them with the barcoded prints cover letter.
Thank you.

I just found this company today after getting interested in a Form 1 .22 can. Glad to see good reviews on it! Seems that I have a few hundred bucks to scrounge up somewhere, lol

Reactions: padom
Orderd the cards from ATF Sunday afternoon 08/04 and got them yesterday 08/07. That was fast. Still waiting on my kit from Quiet Bore. Would it be prudent to go ahead and file the form 1 efile prior to even getting the kit from quiet bore? I haven't had one in my hands yet and don't know the quality. Many here vouch for their kits. I would hate to submit the tax and paperwork and find out the kit was poor quality or they are backlogged months waiting for drill bits.

Orderd the cards from ATF Sunday afternoon 08/04 and got them yesterday 08/07. That was fast. Still waiting on my kit from Quiet Bore. Would it be prudent to go ahead and file the form 1 efile prior to even getting the kit from quiet bore? I haven't had one in my hands yet and don't know the quality. Many here vouch for their kits. I would hate to submit the tax and paperwork and find out the kit was poor quality or they are backlogged months waiting for drill bits.

I dont think you understand how a Form 1 suppressor works..... you should have filed it already. Quiet bore and any other "part" you buy has nothing to do with your submission to the ATF. You arent submitting an already manufactured, serialized suppressor. If that was the case you would be submitting a Form 4....

You MUST have your approved form 1 in hand BEFORE you manufacture anything. Then once you manufacture it, you have it engraved with the info you submitted on your approved form 1.

Now to QuietBore. The 22lr titanium trap I received is top notch. Amazing quality and looks like any other can I own. Buy with confidence

I dont think you understand how a Form 1 suppressor works..... you should have filed it already. Quiet bore and any other "part" you buy has nothing to do with your submission to the ATF. You arent submitting an already manufactured, serialized suppressor. If that was the case you would be submitting a Form 4....

You MUST have your approved form 1 in hand BEFORE you manufacture anything. Then once you manufacture it, you have it engraved with the info you submitted on your approved form 1.

Now to QuietBore. The 22lr titanium trap I received is top notch. Amazing quality and looks like any other can I own. Buy with confidence
Let me clarify in case I didn't make sense. I understand it is a Form 1 and not a form 4 and that I am manufacturing a suppressor. I also understand quiet bore is simply selling me raw materials and components that I can manufacture a suppressor out of. I also understand that it is a significant crime and breach of NFA law to drill or modify the kit prior to receiving my approved Form 1 back. I have zero intention to touch it until my approved form 1 returns and if it sits on the self collecting dust then it sits on the shelf. When I submit my form 1 I will list trust name, city/state, cal, model name and serial number of my choosing. I was asking if I should pull the trigger and submit the Form 1 prior to even getting the kit in hand as I am not familiar with their quality. You answered that for me so thank you. I understand quiet bore has a little bit of wait as they source bits and inventory.

I will reword my question. Would you submit a form 1 for approval prior to even having any raw components that can be used to build a suppressor in hand?

Let me clarify in case I didn't make sense. I understand it is a Form 1 and not a form 4 and that I am manufacturing a suppressor. I also understand quiet bore is simply selling me raw materials and components that I can manufacture a suppressor out of. I also understand that it is a significant crime and breach of NFA law to drill or modify the kit prior to receiving my approved Form 1 back. I have zero intention to touch it until my approved form 1 returns and if it sits on the self collecting dust then it sits on the shelf. When I submit my form 1 I will list trust name, city/state, cal, model name and serial number of my choosing. I was asking if I should pull the trigger and submit the Form 1 prior to even getting the kit in hand as I am not familiar with their quality. You answered that for me so thank you. I understand quiet bore has a little bit of wait as they source bits and inventory.

I will reword my question. Would you submit a form 1 for approval prior to even having any raw components that can be used to build a suppressor in hand?

My answer still stands. Yes...you can submit and receive approval and let that approval letter sit in the safe till you feel like manufacturing your can....one has nothing to do with the other

My answer still stands. Yes...you can submit and receive approval and let that approval letter sit in the safe till you feel like manufacturing your can....one has nothing to do with the other

So, when doing a Form 1, if you want QuietBore to engrave the markings on the tube before they send it to you, do you need to have the approval letter back to make sure you are approved before your serial number goes on a part?

I did order one of the traps .
but I could not find any Phone # contact info, offered by them on there webpage info ?
I did email and waiting on reply though . I have shipping questions . If anyone has Phone# to them Flip it to me on a PM ...thanks

I got a few Stamps already . sounds like they got a good product and the e-form and short wait makes this appealing . Cant stand the batf purposely dragging things out to a years for stamps nowdays .

I did order one of the traps .
but I could not find any Phone # contact info, offered by them on there webpage info ?
I did email and waiting on reply though . I have shipping questions . If anyone has Phone# to them Flip it to me on a PM ...thanks

I got a few Stamps already . sounds like they got a good product and the e-form and short wait makes this appealing . Cant stand the batf purposely dragging things out to a years for stamps nowdays .

They dont see your email. Shoot me a PM and Ill put you in touch with them.

They dont see your email. Shoot me a PM and Ill put you in touch with them.
-
Thank... They are very good on the Com, and sounds like they are very knowledgeable and well set-up in the machining trade .
I just had a couple questions and was told entry caps are made from 4140 steel then nitrite coated. They are done in a Haas CNC lathe with bar feeder, the hex feature is then added in a CNC mill. . Barrel face to face of cap should be concentric to .002-.003” or less. Acceptable run out on a production is +/- .010 at the end of the tube .

All I get is a blank white screen. Wonder if it's because I'm on my phone
They must have found out you were a Snowden sympathetic . Got to be the NSA warrantless monitoring and influencing the manor in which you search the Web and receive your info through your cell provider. ....LOL

I used to roll prints for South Carolina concealed carry applications.

When rolling your own prints, be sure to ink up The pad of your finger as well as both sides. Basically use the same motion to ink your finger as you do to put your print on the card. Your print should pretty much fill up the square for each finger and thumb on the card. You are looking to get clear lines of the finger print without smudges or distortion.

Reactions: Kansas_Born
Following with great interest. :) I have both a 22rf can and several 9's. Trying to justify another...... of each :) :)

Be so cool to "roll my own." :)

A "one stamp" 16" suppressed 45ACP upper with this can pinned to the barrel might be cool....

It said see below for info and it didn't go far enough below to find that answer.
They are trying to trick us!! :)
-
I fully get Drilling all after after Form-1 done . and I have no problem drilling steel caps on the press or chucking up in lathe .
Curious ? . Is Not ' Ti ' way harder to Drill and cut ??? . How big a Press do I need to cut threw Titanium Caps ?

-
I fully get Drilling all after after Form-1 done . and I have no problem drilling steel caps on the press or chucking up in lathe .
Curious ? . Is Not ' Ti ' way harder to Drill and cut ??? . How big a Press do I need to cut threw Titanium Caps ?
Cobalt bit and low speed and high feed. Cuts like aluminum that way, nice big curls

Cobalt bit and low speed and high feed. Cuts like aluminum that way, nice big curls

Yep, I was told to cut Titanium at low speed or you heat it up, making it harder and will never get through. Mine drilled out no problem with the jigh and cobalt bit they supplied using my Milwaukee M18 at a low speed. No drill press needed, thats the whole point of buying their jig...

Is there a code that I missed somewhere for the 25% plus free engraving?
Just add the 22 trap and the engraving service to your cart and the engraving will be discounted. Then add the SNIPERSHIDE code, and you will get free engraving and 25% off.

I used Tap Magic
-
Are Ti. end caps only offered on the .22 traps ? . Can you get them on any larger traps like the 223/30 ?

I don't really mind heavy/rugged with volume @ 9" OAL x 1-5" . . But would really help shave a couple+ ounces off, the 2 pounds . as both those steel end caps are pretty heavy on the big Trap . the 2-steel caps together probably are 6 oz . on the 223/30 trap .

Last edited:
-
Are Ti. end caps only offered on the .22 traps ? . Can you get them on any larger traps like the 223/30 ?

I don't really mind heavy/rugged with volume @ 9" OAL x 1-5" . . But would really help shave a couple+ ounces off, the 2 pounds . as both those steel end caps are pretty heavy on the big Trap . the 2-steel caps together probably are 6 oz . on the 223/30 trap .

You could always buy titanium end caps from another place. I found these in titanium.

Attachments

• B62B1C69-F41C-4F9F-8D01-80B1A0CAA913.png
    B62B1C69-F41C-4F9F-8D01-80B1A0CAA913.png
    1 MB · Views: 212
  • 305C0AEF-0D76-4DB7-831D-B6DB8B7C2D2D.png
    305C0AEF-0D76-4DB7-831D-B6DB8B7C2D2D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
so how does a form 1 work? excuse my ignorance.. do I just draw up blueprints to submit?

well i'm on a Gov. computer with strict access so it doesn't allow me to click on any of the links that show up. i'll search when I get home. no biggie. thanks

so how does a form 1 work? excuse my ignorance.. do I just draw up blueprints to submit?
You have to say what the NFA item is that you are building (SBR, SBS, silencer) and your info, and the caliber and length of the weapon. You can submit this online directly to ATF now, then they send a bar code you print out and submit with two fingerprint cards. It takes about two weeks lately to get approved. There’s more info on the process in the NFA subreddit or the silencer forum here.

Reactions: DukeGSP
Got my kit last week. Still waiting on form1 approval. @Dombern34 doing an efile form 1 was actually quite easy. there are some good walk thrus online on how to do it. Getting fingerprints wasn't that hard. I just ordered cards from ATF and rolled my own. mailed them in to ATF with the barcode they sent me after I submitted the efile form 1. Mailed of CLEO notification at that time also.

Question for those that have already assembled their kit? I ordered the drilling jig with my kit. Any particular way the baffles drop into the jig? I played with it and the K baffles will fit both ways. I am assuming it really doesn't matter since you are just drilling a hole in the center but I figured I would ask. Also, real stupid question regarding the K baffles. Which direction do they get placed in the sleeve? Small cone side toward the muzzle or large cone side towards the muzzle? I didn't see any assembly instructions come with my kit.

Reactions: DukeGSP
Got my kit last week. Still waiting on form1 approval. @Dombern34 doing an efile form 1 was actually quite easy. there are some good walk thrus online on how to do it. Getting fingerprints wasn't that hard. I just ordered cards from ATF and rolled my own. mailed them in to ATF with the barcode they sent me after I submitted the efile form 1. Mailed of CLEO notification at that time also.

Question for those that have already assembled their kit? I ordered the drilling jig with my kit. Any particular way the baffles drop into the jig? I played with it and the K baffles will fit both ways. I am assuming it really doesn't matter since you are just drilling a hole in the center but I figured I would ask. Also, real stupid question regarding the K baffles. Which direction do they get placed in the sleeve? Small cone side toward the muzzle or large cone side towards the muzzle? I didn't see any assembly instructions come with my kit.

It matters....go to QB website, go to the jig and you will see a video right there showing you exactly how to put them in. Step by step...

I actually have the video in my OP