• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rail Bedding Trouble

Dopamine

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2019
I'm on attempt #3 to bed my Talley picatinny rail to my Bergara B-14. The first two tries resulted in part of the JB Weld sticking to the action and part of it on the rail. I've sanded the rail and used plenty of Kiwi shoe polish on the action. Could it be a time issue? The first try was a 4 hour set time, and the second was 5 1/2. Anyone let it sit longer? People on YouTube recommend 5 hours, but that isn't working.

Let it go for a day. Do the task one evening, and then the next evening take it apart.

I always let bedding, glue, and paint sit overnight just to be sure it is 100% dry.

Thanks everybody. I let it sit 10 hours and it popped off perfectly. I'll get it torqued down after work and finally get my scope mounted! Should I put oil under the base or just clean and dry?