• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rail flex for NVG - BCM QRF or DD RIS II

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    I have a Geiselle 15" Mk16 that loves to flex. I could spend a lot of time on that but short story is I can easily flex the handguard to contact the gas block and almost the end of the barrel.

I'm going to switch to a 12"ish quad rail to run the barrel with my OCM5 when it arrives. It seems like the RIS II reigns supreme for when you are hanging lasers or clip ons on the end of the gun, or positional shooting.

Question for the forum, with the BCM QRF do the same thing for half the price?

I have read all the forums and reports citing rail shift. Most of the tests are somewhat flawed or limited, and not much info on the QRF specifically. So what are people's experience?

Reactions: rlsmith1
    I have not personally tested either rail, but I had a QRF 12 for a while and it was rock solid. The weak link on that system (if there is one) is the barrel nut in my opinion, and I wouldn’t even call that weak.

I really liked that rail, but chose to switch to Geissele MK8 after doing the same reading you have. I chose the 13.5” MK8 because the RIS II, Larue, and LMT uppers were more than I wanted to spend. I’m cheap so I snagged a MK8 blem that looked great when I got it. If I had to do it again, I would probably spend the $ on a Larue upper so I could drop in a standard AR barrel and go. I just can’t believe what they charge for an upper / receiver with 4 screws. I just haven’t personally run into an issue of my QRF or MK8 flexing to where I’ve needed more.

The good news is, by simply going to a 12-13” rail, you are removing a lot of leverage on the system.

I’m curious what others with measurable data have to say here

ETA: I never had specific issues with the QRF, I actually really liked the form and weight but I wanted to get away from quad rail on that gun. I’ve thought about grabbing another one for my 20” AR

Reactions: NHPiper