• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am neither a general nor an ossifer:rolleyes:.....had to find something to give scale to the blades as well compliment them. Scored that Colt a few years back, was made in 1911 with a S/N 108XXX. Sent it to US Armament (Colt no longer services this pistol) and they replaced all the springs and guts and improved the trigger. Great crew out there for sure. I have done nothing else to it other than shooting it. A little off topic but since when does a thread never go off topic here? :p Great looking blades members, keep 'em coming! Good luck and good shooting!

Doug

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I am neither a general nor an ossifer:rolleyes:.....had to find something to give scale to the blades as well compliment them. Scored that Colt a few years back, was made in 1911 with a S/N 108XXX. Sent it to US Armament (Colt no longer services this pistol) and they replaced all the springs and guts and improved the trigger. Great crew out there for sure. I have done nothing else to it other than shooting it. A little off topic but since when does a thread never go off topic here? :p Great looking blades members, keep 'em coming! Good luck and good shooting!

Doug

Those 1903s look like a great pocket gun, albeit a tad bit big for pocket, for social occasions.

I been looking and one day my honey hole will have one I will purchase.

I'm just not enamored of their typical calibers as it would be new to those I already own/reload for.

Hunting, hunting, hunting for a Molle sheath.

Spec Ops Mini

Would seem to be my best fit.

My gear queer wants three in Coyote though and it seems they only offer the Mini in black.

The one Randall I have regretted not buying was a 12 w 14 grind that had the 25 handle. Beautiful, Big knife and I knew it was a bargain at $600. Just didnt know what I would do with it. Was a nice knife all the same

It's their Micarta "Ivorite" material. I purchased here from a fellow member.

The history behind Randall knives is rather unique. Consider some of the people who carried them and where the knives went. Mr. Randall was in the right place at the right time. A somewhat hidden gem of Americana. My knives have been safe queens for a long time. Today I am 50 years old and it's time to start using them. But first, I shall pour another drinky drink....(insert emoji with X's for eyes).....o_O....meh...close enough...

My 15 has been my user. I have had others that bought to flip, and I have a safe queen or two with real elephant ivory. I’ve even re-handled a couple for people. They may not be newest knives made of the newest super steel, but they are a solid product.

Batoned my first kindling today.....

randall.jpg

Amazingly it did not snap in half.

What happened to the cock on the blade? Did Wagner love it?

Used it to cut some ribs and I think I licked it off.

Does that make me gay?

I’m honestly not sure. Licking the cock is pretty gay, but cutting ribs with a Randall is heterosexual. If it doesn’t make you gay, than it probably puts you in skinny jean wearing territory.

I've worn my model 23 every fall since I bought it. It has countless deer, elk and beef to its name. I plan on picking up a smaller bladed randall, maybe a #8 or #21 or #26.

Attachments

• 20191126_104050.jpg
    20191126_104050.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 62
My Pop‘s big bro bought them matching Randalls back in the early fifties. I was fortunate to inherit my fathers. My lil bro has the matching one from the uncle.
View attachment 7220071
It's refreshing to see one that has been actually used, that is what they are for!
If I can find pictures of the one I gave away to a special friend without showing his service number I will.
It did two tours in Iraq and some other stuff.

Reactions: LegioX
Also, for guys who are all giddy about sawteeth, the saw teeth were put in use around the Vietnam era to cut through the thin skin on a Huey, or so I’ve been told. I had a 14 with saw teeth and tried to use them, but since the teeth ARE NOT ground to the full depth of the width of the blade, they will only cut to the depth of the teeth. Don’t be thinking that you are going to saw through a sapling or anything. I’ve tried, doesn’t work. I sold that 14 when I came home from the Gulf. Figured I didn’t need two knives that were so similar. Huge mistake.

Reactions: Zeroit
Also, for guys who are all giddy about sawteeth, the saw teeth were put in use around the Vietnam era to cut through the thin skin on a Huey, or so I’ve been told. I had a 14 with saw teeth and tried to use them, but since the teeth ARE NOT ground to the full depth of the width of the blade, they will only cut to the depth of the teeth. Don’t be thinking that you are going to saw through a sapling or anything. I’ve tried, doesn’t work. I sold that 14 when I came home from the Gulf. Figured I didn’t need two knives that were so similar. Huge mistake.
I concur, I ordered mine early 70s with saw teeth and it was a plus and mostly minus.
Those teeth are mean prevents you from putting any pressure on the back of the blade (not for practicing your culinary skills) you will bleed on the veggies.
I still miss my model #14. But I can still get visitation if needed it's about 2000 miles away behind enemy lines (California).

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Another good option to order knifes from is https://www.clintonknives.com/. He constantly places orders so can get whatever you want without the obscene lead times.

Great knives. Used my model 14 to stick 3 pigs while hunting in HI last year.
Man I’ve wanted a Randall for years. I’ll keep checking the used section maybe save some money, but that 25 in the new section sure is nice. Thank you for the link.

Man I’ve wanted a Randall for years. I’ll keep checking the used section maybe save some money, but that 25 in the new section sure is nice. Thank you for the link.

Bought a sheath from him. Very little communication or notification to confirm my online buy but the sheath showed up within a few days.

@rth1800 has some used Randall knives on occasion in the PX.

Reactions: RTH1800
Just curious, I always wanted one of these but never pulled the trigger. Missed out on buying five for a killer price at a gunshow a long while back.

Now I have a Daniel Winkler serrated Spike and it's a hard knife to beat, period. CMV2 steel (is that right? --close) and are supposed to be some of the absolute best knives made with respect to functionality and use as a tool (they ain't wall hangers).

So do I need a Randall? What's it bring to the table that I can't get from Winkler? I know SS but it's not the best material for a knife blade is it? From what I heard, when Winkler went to the CMV2 that most in the industry followed suit.

I like a few designs but not sure if it's worth hunting 'em down. That Fireman looks useful to me really. I don't want bullshit spikes or whatever on the spine unless they serve a true purpose.

This would help me: in short, if you could only have one good belt knife for fighting and for utility, would be a Winkler or a Randall or something else? HFB are definitely nice but due to double the price of a solid Winkler, I can't justify that, I'm not a knife collector I'm a knife user.

What do you guys thing?

The Randall is overbuilt.

The Fireman or anything with a 4-5.5" blade was what I was considering when I was in the market.

The idea of using my knife as bushcraft type tool was what I was looking for.

I enjoy the "swords" I have filling my safe, 7" blades typically, but they are long, get in the way getting in and out of vehicles don't do any more than I can do with a smaller knife.

The Fireman is heavy, its a chunky (clunky) brass/steel piece. There is nothing "elegant" in its heft yet it has a sort of attraction in a "Soviet design" sense of purpose built.

Lots of stuff will do what this does, most of the cost is in the name.

Survive! has some nice knives that would do what I want the Fireman to do.....guess I just wanted to scratch that Randall itch.

Last edited:
you retarded? says pretty plainly the wait list is 5+ years on their site.

Got mine in less than 3 months from time of order, direct from randall for the standard price.
But I'll keep that little secret to myself as to how.

good luck

Military can call and get fast tracked.

There are also several Randall dealers that can have a knife to you pretty quickly by ordering through them. It’s not a secret.