• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Random Double Tap on AR10 with Suppressor

Rbxbear44

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2022
Talking Rock GA
I am running the following:
  • Aero Precision Upper/Lower
  • Geisselle two stage trigger
  • Omega Suppressor
  • Hand loads 168gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
  • 18" Proof Research CF Barrel
  • JP Enterprise Silent Capture H2 for AR10
  • Just installed an Superlative adjustable Gas Block that allows for gas bleed off
I was getting double taps often and double feed issues, changed out to a adjustable gas block, those are gone but still get random double taps.

Do I keep going on the bleed off clicks and hope it cures the double tap? Or, am I chasing a ghost??? Any thoughts???

Thanks much!

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Which tigger? If it’s that light you need to start pinning it to the rear when firing. My MWS and a SR-25 have G High Speed and it’s set up really light. I just make sure and pin it to the rear when I shoot and warn anyone else who fires it to do the same.

Trigger control issue. Happened to me too. It’s especially bad when the second stage is very light. You need to pin the trigger, up the weight on the second stage or switch to a different trigger.

I especially had the issue with a xh buffer. The forward impulse when the bcg goes back into battery made the gun jump into my trigger finger if I got sloppy.

Reactions: ron_c
Stop jumping off the trigger like you’re trying to shoot singles with a full auto. Most people have abysmal semi auto trigger control. Watch a Nut-n-Fancy vid on YouTube to learn how not to run a semi-auto trigger. A light trigger and poor trigger fundamentals will get you into unintentional doubles.

I'd really like to hear you explain your thought process behind how the gas block could solve "double ta
Which tigger? If it’s that light you need to start pinning it to the rear when firing. My MWS and a SR-25 have G High Speed and it’s set up really light. I just make sure and pin it to the rear when I shoot and warn anyone else who fires it to do the same.
It’s the super dynamic combat trigger. I thought about that, pinning to the rear when firing. Thank you!

Stop jumping off the trigger like you’re trying to shoot singles with a full auto. Most people have abysmal semi auto trigger control. Watch a Nut-n-Fancy vid on YouTube to learn how not to run a semi-auto trigger. A light trigger and poor trigger fundamentals will get you into unintentional doubles.
I believe you are spot on. Thank you!

I'd really like to hear you explain your thought process behind how the gas block could solve "double taps"
Sorry, wasn’t clear in my post. I have been chasing over gas issues with the suppressor on. Tried different buffer weights, still issues with bolt not going to full battery, brass ejecting wrong, double feeds, ETC. Added the adj gas block, using 3 clicks of bleed off and all those went away. Then I got a random double tap today. Have had a few before too. I did however think this trigger could help. I just need to learn more about trigger control. All of your responses are for sure great intel

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptArab
Sorry, wasn’t clear in my post. I have been chasing over gas issues with the suppressor on. Tried different buffer weights, still issues with bolt not going to full battery, brass ejecting wrong, double feeds, ETC. Added the adj gas block, using 3 clicks of bleed off and all those went away. Then I got a random double tap today. Have had a few before too, but thought maybe I need to understand gas block dynamics better…ergo why I asked. I did however think this trigger could help. I just need to learn more about trigger control. All of your responses are for sure great intel

Even gucci triggers can wear and break as well.

Trigger control would be my guess as well

What’s your rest setup? Only time I had doubles was a rock river LAR 8 with factory two stage. Shot from a pop up blind at a deer.

The slight spring back from the wall in the hub style blind coupled with the way I was turned holding the rifle allowed the recoil to move the gun back, reset the trigger, then spring forward on the hub to pull it again. Luckily it shot the ground between me and the deer

Reactions: Rbxbear44
Thanks. That seems to be the prognosis for sure. I am shooting from a very sturdy fixed bench with a bipod and direct shoulder hold, no bean bags.

I am running the following:
  • Aero Precision Upper/Lower
  • Geisselle two stage trigger
  • Omega Suppressor
  • Hand loads 168gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
  • 18" Proof Research CF Barrel
  • JP Enterprise Silent Capture H2 for AR10
  • Just installed an Superlative adjustable Gas Block that allows for gas bleed off
I was getting double taps often and double feed issues, changed out to a adjustable gas block, those are gone but still get random double taps.

Do I keep going on the bleed off clicks and hope it cures the double tap? Or, am I chasing a ghost??? Any thoughts???

Thanks much!

It is the trigger............. See why:

It is the trigger............. See why:

This is good intel, thanks for sharing it. I have always been a single stage trigger guy, on all my tactical setups, it's single stage all the way. I went two stage, honestly...trying to figure out what was best for long range shooting. I have several CA bolt guns (6.5CM, 300 Win Mag MPR and 338 Lap Mag in MPR) and love their trigger feel. I'm a big game hunter, so bolt guns have always been my long range tool. I have a farm in N. GA and have a nice range in my back yard, giving me 300 yards to run rounds and have ventured into the AR-10 setup with Suppressor for something new (and Coyote killer). Honestly, with the double taps, I thought maybe the two stage would slow me down, away from tactical trigger works. I had a single stage trigger from POF at 4.5lbs in it and was getting double taps then too. That led me to explore the two stage trigger.

Reactions: Docsherm
This is good intel, thanks for sharing it. I have always been a single stage trigger guy, on all my tactical setups, it's single stage all the way. I went two stage, honestly...trying to figure out what was best for long range shooting. I have several CA bolt guns (6.5CM, 300 Win Mag MPR and 338 Lap Mag in MPR) and love their trigger feel. I'm a big game hunter, so bolt guns have always been my long range tool. I have a farm in N. GA and have a nice range in my back yard, giving me 300 yards to run rounds and have ventured into the AR-10 setup with Suppressor for something new (and Coyote killer). Honestly, with the double taps, I thought maybe the two stage would slow me down, away from tactical trigger works. I had a single stage trigger from POF at 4.5lbs in it and was getting double taps then too. That led me to explore the two stage trigger.
I ran a large frame Aero, suppressed, with one of those POF 3.5lb triggers. It was my first straight shoe trigger. Never a problem. I actually like those triggers.

It not a thing problem its an operator thing.

You could either embrace the bump fire that you have discovered

Or

Drive the gun instead of letting it drive you.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMGtuned
Same thing started happening with a couple of my Geissele 2-stage Super Three Gun (S3G) triggers recently…. Double taps when firing. Tried swapping in new and heavier springs, but both were still double tapping. These triggers have 10K+ rounds through them each…one of them probably closer to 20K, so it’s likely just a worn sear, even though it still feels sharp to touch.

Contacted Geissele and they’ve been great … very communicative, and responsive.

Just sent them in last week to be looked at; we’ll see what they say.

Late to party. It's you.

If you come from lawyer heavy trigger land and get a good light trigger, without good trigger discipline you'll DT.

I did it on my shadow 2 handgun a few times. Seen wife and kids do it too. I always pinned my trigger back (aka disturb the rifle) for rifle shooting which also causes problems.

To quote the master
PRESS
BREAK
FREEZE

Don't move that booger hook after the shot, even to pin the trigger back. You are 'prepping' the next shot. Finish the one you are doing first. (Follow through)

Or your trigger is busted and the atf is coming to shoot your dog