• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

range steel quick tip

JByrd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
north ga,usa,
i got several steel targets and this cheap easy system works good for me.
a thin base layer of white paint applied with a roller. then just touch up with a white can,"simple enough so far"
i started using old antifreeze jugs as a stencil,they got a handle and if cutout correctly have little to no overspray on your hands. simple/easy

346935510_photobucket_1038_.jpg

Re: range steel quick tip

also the orange marking paint "for marking lines on ground" works great, its chalky and does not run and contrasts well.shake orange paint well or the chalky stuff doesnt mix and it will run. this is my 860yd target above when newly fab'd. to one of my shooting buds, "thanks for the steel bro!"

this is me getting EXTREMELY lucky following a first round estimation shot on the same 860yd target today. back to the target, rust will show through if you paint white thin,BUT if you paint it thick it will chunk up and chip off when hit and then you will have dark chunks on your steel that make it hard to tell whats new old hunts at extended ranges.

346935510_photobucket_1045_.jpg

Re: range steel quick tip

I am about ready to knock some of the paint off that steel. Are the birds hitting the fields yet? When are you off again? You can pm me.