• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ranges in the Northern OBX Area?

jb0311

Professional Button Pusher
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2019
    NC
    Not new here but didn’t know what forum to ask this in…

We will be moving soon to the outer banks (near Kitty Hawk) area of NC and was curious what ranges y’all would recommend. We’ll be about 1.5 hours from VA Beach. A quick google shows plenty in VA beach for handgun and a couple for 100 yard rifle. Anything else around there or more inland NC?

TIA

So we have an 8 page thread on fucking tacos but can’t get one recommendation for where to shoot around the outer banks?😂

Now that the taco thread has run it’s course…any input?

Now that the taco thread has run it’s course…any input?
    Sadly there are not alot of longer distance ranges in eastern NC ( I am in Washington NC).
    If you don't mind the drive I would check out Alliance Outdoors in Onslow County or Frontline Defense in Warrenton NC.

Reactions: jb0311
    Sadly there are not alot of longer distance ranges in eastern NC ( I am in Washington NC).
    If you don't mind the drive I would check out Alliance Outdoors in Onslow County or Frontline Defense in Warrenton NC.
    I assumed as much. I’ve been lucky to live on 7acres surrounded by miles of ag field here in western Mn where I didn’t have to worry to much about finding a range. Growing up in western ky I’m also used to being happy with 300 yard and under opportunities. If I can find a decent 100 yard range to test loads and sight in I’ll be content for a while until I have time to travel a little further. I’m familiar with onslow county being stationed at Lejeune about a decade or so ago. I’ll check that range out. We are at the mercy of the housing market but looking to live maybe around the Edenton or Belhaven area.

Much appreciated.

Reactions: warnera1102
    I assumed as much. I’ve been lucky to live on 7acres surrounded by miles of ag field here in western Mn where I didn’t have to worry to much about finding a range. Growing up in western ky I’m also used to being happy with 300 yard and under opportunities. If I can find a decent 100 yard range to test loads and sight in I’ll be content for a while until I have time to travel a little further. I’m familiar with onslow county being stationed at Lejeune about a decade or so ago. I’ll check that range out. We are at the mercy of the housing market but looking to live maybe around the Edenton or Belhaven area.

Much appreciated.
    No problem.
    If you move to Belhaven the best bet is to find a farmer and see if they will let you use a small portion for shooting.

Reactions: jb0311