• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rantings of a lunatic....or audiophile ?

The morel 5.950 is a class AB on the front and rear channels, class D on the sub channel. Super nice amp for under $800. I don’t know the country of origin, but the quality and reputation sometimes count for something, so I wouldn’t worry about where it was made. I mean the Dayton subs that you like are for sure made in China, and for probably less than $40, so honestly I'm sure the morel amp is good even if made in China.
That’s all I got for you. Best of luck!
The Dayton subs are made in Taiwan, not China.
It's not much better, but it is better.

If you look at any audio product you'll find the caps, diodes, coils and inductors...etc etc are all made somewhere in Asia
If you're lucky it's Nichicon caps made in Japan.
If you're REALLY lucky it's Burr Brown op-amps made in the US.
And that's about it.

I think I have it nailed down to 2 amps now.
This Zapco..

And this Morel...

I'm currently doing a build on my 2011 Suburban. (OK, I'm currently driving around without a driver's side door panel waiting for the inspiration to get back to my install)
You too huh ?

The Dayton subs are made in Taiwan, not China.
It's not much better, but it is better.

If you look at any audio product you'll find the caps, diodes, coils and inductors...etc etc are all made somewhere in Asia
If you're lucky it's Nichicon caps made in Japan.
If you're REALLY lucky it's Burr Brown op-amps made in the US.
And that's about it.
078EAFF4-EC7F-4AEF-94B0-65EA373EDFE4.jpeg
CD5D4C69-6BE0-4CCB-AB21-97506734FD1B.png

Maybe they misspelled tiawan???
Again, why do I bother. Lol. Best of luck to you.

Hay, no one's perfect.
It was a different model I was looking at (the 10" HO sub) from Dayton.
Looks like they have them made from .... well.....everywhere.

taiwan.jpg

I found the Perfect under seat sub for your build.

1686749475694.gif

The Zapco are good shit.

But the head unit is really going to be the limiting factor in your " SQ" build. Cabin inside a car is not an easy environment and it doesn't have enough EQ to get it SQ right.

A good modern class D or even some of the newer AD hybrids will do just fine(Rockford Fosgate Power T1000.4 AD for example. I'd personally get an amp that is rated 2x over the RMS value of the speaker, so you are never pushing the amp hard and the power stays clean, that is the real way to get clean dynamic power.

A high quality Class D are GTO, the technology has improved to that point. Getting your panties in a wad over ab vs D is just ignorant in 2023. A cheap class AB is just that... cheap.

Now if you need any box specs on the Sub I suggest LMK...