• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys RAPTAR group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news ... there are 70 more RAPTARs on the shelf today, 70 more RAPTARs on the shelf.

50234614412_824de6371d_h.jpg

If interested, PM for price.

Thanks !!

Last edited:
So far I've gotten 5 txts/PMs asking me if these units have the ballistics solver. Answer is NO. These are RAPTAR ES equivalents. The Ballistic solvers are to be found on the "S" units. To purchase an "S/ES" (commercial ballistic solver with LP aiming laser and LP illuminator) these are available at Optics Planet.

Last edited:
Reactions: gunrgood
Reworking this offering is taking longer than I hoped. Probably another 2 weeks worst case to get it sorted out, then I will repost more particulars.

Thanks for looking !

PSA to anyone is on the fence about one of these. DO IT.

Anyone have tips for ensuring a good zero?

I have three different laser range finders and all three give me a different reading with a variation of about 8-12m at 200m.

I'm planning to do a better set-up with no surrounding vegetation and a GPS measured distance to "confirm" with all the LRF.

Reactions: Eliteuas
I zeroed my raptor to be parallel with the crosshairs at the furthest distance I could see at dusk. That way the offset distance of windage and elevation is always constant, and when ranging things I can just count in my reticle the offset so the laser is hitting it straight on. Becomes second nature and really fast with a little practice.

So far I've gotten 5 txts/PMs asking me if these units have the ballistics solver. Answer is NO. These are RAPTAR ES. The Ballistic solvers are to be found on the "S" units. To purchase an "S/ES" (commercial ballistic solver with LP aiming laser and LP illuminator) these are available at Optics Planet.

You omitted the "for $8,000" part.

S/ES ain't for the "faint of wallet." 😋

I don't sell S either fp or lp ... those come thru OP for the LP units ... or via agency sale PRG direct for the FP. But there is no stock on those. They will be back ordered. I was told 60 day lead time ... but I received my unit in 45d. I think that's the ONLY time Wilcox exceeded my expectations :D

Ok, finally ready to restart this Group Buy. These are original RAPTARs. They are FP inside. PRG can sell them to us because they are locking down these units to the LP setting. They are issued with an electronic key, to lock/unlock but those keys are NOT included. Currently, the unit price is $4,000. However, if we can get commitments for at least 10 units, then the price drops to $3,500. If we can get commitments for at least 20 units, then the price drops to $3,200. So, if you want one (or two, or 12 :D ) let me know and that will help drive the price down for everyone including you.

PM for any questions.

Thanks!!

We have 4 verbal commits so far and a number of others asking questions. We need 20 commits to get the price down to $3,200 ... PM if any questions, thanks !!

Currently have 9 verbal commits. Once we are up to around 15 verbal commits, I will set a deadline by which funds must be received. Payment method instructions will be sent via PM. I will need all the funds to place the initial order to lock in the lowest possible price.
This is the same process we used last year.

And BTW, just to reiterate ... this new batch of RAPTARs are original full power RAPTARs, but have been locked down to low power by the supplier, enabling them to be sold commercially.
And again, these do not have AB or bluetooth.

The ranging laser is unaffected by the lockdown, it is still full power. The ranging laser can be full power because it is a 1550nm laser and hence inherently eye safe as that frequency is absorbed by the cornea (see fully explanation in the earlier posts in this thread). The 1550nm being eye safe enables it to be significantly more powerful than commercial laser range finders, enabling much greater ranging distances, day or night.
Per earlier posts in this thread, I've been able to consistently range out to 2750yds in the day and 5300yds at night, with the RAPTARs. I got to 4001yds in the day off a tin shed. The other distances were ranging the side of a grassy hill (non-reflective).

Last edited:
Ok, we are now up to 10 verbal commits (and several maybes). Want 15 verbal commits before calling for funds, hopefully that happens within the week.

Thanks for participating !!!

Thanks for looking !!

We gained 2 and lost 1 commit yesterday (somebody say something else they needed NOW) so we are up to net 11 commits now. :D
And that's fine, these things happen.
We need 4 more before I can set the dates.

PM with any questions and I will try to answer !

Thanks !!

This new unit comes with all the same stuff as the first buy?

I thought I saw something about Horta saying there is a quick disconnect? Maybe imagining things. Or this one still has screw that fits into certain rails or the Spuhr adapter and that riser kind of adapter?

Sorry in advance for such poor explanation. Hopefully you know what I mean. It doesn’t have the four button system either I don’t guess. Just the forward and backward thingy with two buttons?

Last edited:
Ok, gained 2 lost one yesterday, now up to 12 verbal commits. Want to get to 15 before we set the dates for the first order (need 20 in the first order to lock in the best price).

PM if any questions.

Thanks !!

Ok gained one, now we are at 13 verbal commits. Need 2 more before setting the dates.

PM if any questions.

Thanks for looking and for participating !!!

Wig, please PM price. Thank you Sir!

Skip that, saw price, thank you. Still interested.

Selling stuff this weekend (maybe my Cratos ... jk)!

I really need to not be on this site, or rather my wallet would appreciate it. It's feeling weak lately :) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: wigwamitus
Bought 2 the first time might as well buy another. Put me down for at least one. Maybe two if the price drops to $3200.

Ok, we have 17 verbal commits now, so it is time to call for funds.

I need each person to send in the funds for the units which they wish to purchase.

As to payment methods, given the amount of $$ that will be flowing thru this transaction, I think we should use the payment methods that we used last year

Check or Money order (any as long as they clear)

Wire (bank to bank)

The date by which payment should be RECEIVED is 28 Sept. So, if you are mailing a check, it should be mailed on or before 23 Sept.

If all funds are received by 28 Sept, then they should clear by 8 Oct and I can then wire the money for the order on 9 Oct. Units should then ship by 12 Oct. Now shipping these days is crazy, but most of you should receive your units by 16 Oct.

So that's the schedule.

==
I don't want to post my address or bank information in public, so I will reach out to each of you in PM and you can tell me what payment method you want to use, then I can give instructions.
I'll need your name and address for shipping.
Also, I will verify if prior customers already have an ITAR form on hand. If not, you will need to fill out an ITAR form I will provide.

Please PM with any questions.

We still need three more commits before we get to 20, so PM me if you are ready to commit to a unit.

Thanks !!

(( And there are 70 units, so even after we get the 20 commits, you may place an order. Once we get the first order placed for 20, the Group Buy price will remain at $3,200 until all 70 units are gone))

Reactions: Range_time_therapy
Ok, we are up to 19 verbals commits ... thanks for looking and for participating !!!

I have started working with folks to select their payment method and provide instructions on payment and also to provide ITAR forms which must be on file with PRG prior to unit shipping.

Does the illuminator track with the laser when zeroed?

Ok, we are still at 19 verbal commits ... funds received for 3 of those units.

Here is the first estimate for dates ...

DATE Estimates:

23 Sept: Cutoff for mailing checks/Money orders

25 Sept: Cutoff for wiring

29 Sept: Initial order (for 20 units) placed

05 Oct: All initial orders shipped

13 Oct: All initial orders received by buyer (note, due to C-19 this is a pure guess as shipping times have become highly variable in various areas). Shipping is generally FEDEX Signature required. If you need otherwise, let me know.

==
There are plenty of variables in this, so it may change, but we head towards the goal with a plan of record !!

==
If you are interested in participating, please PM with any questions. Thx.

Reactions: Nikiel09
Ok, we are now at 20 verbal commits. The price is now officially $3,200 (and we were gonna get there regardless). So its time to send in your funds. I believe I have contacted each of you to arrange payment. If I missed someone, please PM me !!

Ideally checks should be mailed by Wednesday if at all possible. Wires can be done by Friday.

Oh, and there are 50 more available, so if you want one, let me know !!

==
Also, I am still getting asked if these have the AB module or have bluetooth to kestrel or can be upgraded to those capabilities. Answer, is no to all. These are military version of the RAPTAR/ES ... the full power version, but locked down to low power by supplier before shipping them out. This makes them eligible for commercial sales.

The ranging laser is still full power, (see post number 1 in this thread for more info on 1550nm lasers).

Last edited:
Ok, we hit 21 commits yesterday, but then lost 2 so now we are at 19 again. I'm sure we will get back to 20, but people's circumstances change, so it is what it is.

People ask me if there are any left and yes, there are many left. total 70 of these ... and once we move the first 20, there will still be 50 left.

Thanks for looking and participating !!

Still at 19. PM me if any questions.

Revised Date Estimates:

23 Sept - last day to mail paper instruments (checks or money orders)

29 Sept -hoped for date by which all paper instruments received by me.

30 Sept - last paper instruments deposited in bank by me.

01 Oct - start of final 7 business day hold by bank on paper instruments.

05 Oct - last day for wires or Venmo to be sent to me.

06 - 08 Oct - final consolidation of funds into account they will be wired from.

09 Oct - expiration of 7 business day hold by bank, I wire final funds to PRG.

12-13 Oct Shipping of initial ordered units by PRG.

18-20 Oct - receipt of initial ordered units by participants.

==
And yes, we are opening VENMO up as an alternate payment method since after today, sending any more paper instruments (checks or money orders) would delay the whole order for everyone. Please do not send any checks or money orders after today. Please check with me for either wiring instructions or venmo instructions for funds sent after today.

Thanks!!!

Ok, now we are at 22 units for the initial order, so that is locked in and the funds have either been received or sent for all 22 units. Dates still expected to be as per prior post above ^^.

==

And we have the first confirmation for the second order (which I will do as soon as possible after the first order). So, if you want a unit, there are still plenty left, just contact me and we can get you into order #2 (or beyond).

Ok, again, the first order is locked in. The price going forward for all units will remain at $3,200. I will place orders roughly weekly after this first order until all units are gone.

Wig- is the range finding laser able to be seen with with a PVS14 or a range finding laser in general? Just curious. I know you have spoke about this before but I have no idea where and when the thread might be.

Also the illuminator and lasers are in the high spectrum aka 1500 where you have said they are eye safe before or in the 850-900 range where dangerous like the Luna’s?

I know I’ve read it all before just not sure where.

This Would assume an upgraded unit.

Thanks.

The rangefinding laser is 1550nm and eye safe. It can’t be seen by image intensification devices. The pointer and illuminate of course can be seen.

Reactions: wigwamitus
There are still several checks out there which are inbound, but we have received sufficient funds for the initial order. Just waiting for checks to clear.

This timeline remains unchanged:

Date Estimates:

23 Sept - last day to mail paper instruments (checks or money orders)

29 Sept -hoped for date by which all paper instruments received by me.

30 Sept - last paper instruments deposited in bank by me.

01 Oct - start of final 7 business day hold by bank on paper instruments.

05 Oct - last day for wires or Venmo to be sent to me.

06 - 08 Oct - final consolidation of funds into account they will be wired from.

09 Oct - expiration of 7 business day hold by bank, I wire final funds to PRG.

12-13 Oct Shipping of initial ordered units by PRG.

18-20 Oct - receipt of initial ordered units by participants.

Reactions: Kpchurch
Ok, order #1 has been placed today (funds wired to the supplier). Even better PRG just confirmed receipt of wire ! So we are still on track per the time table in post #203 above.

Status
Not open for further replies.