• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Ray Donovan

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Saw the 1st season and it was pretty good .
    Was good to see Jon Voight in another role, as he is getting a little long in the tooth . He plays role of a miswired, twisted sickfuck father returning from 20-year stretch from Walpole MA. to reunite with 3 sons .

Season Two lookin' good so far. Ray back to being pure Ray. The ending of S02E01 was a fade-to-black classic.

I thought it was really interesting how they didn't bring up Avi's past until late in the first season. If you're an accent-o-phile, that clearly is an Israeli accent (and not a half-bad impression), which initially made his past a mystery. Pretty cool they weren't playing to the lowest common denominator by just blurting it out to give him credibility as a man of violence. It only ever came up because Ray's son was asking Avi a bunch of typical kid questions. One thing I hate is clumsy exposition, and that was slick.

I love the psycho lezzie bitch Lena. Definitely one of the more interesting characters on a TV drama. You got a security firm of these hard-core bone-breakers, and the most unstable one of the lot of them is the woman who dresses like a rock-n-roll groupie.

Definitely one of the few watchable shows currently on. I enjoyed the episodes with Ray's work more than the some of the family drama ones.

I'm just starting the first season, good actors.
    Don't know if it's the way they shoot the scenes but, I'm reminded of the Soprano's.

I like the trend of big screen actors playing in tv shows.

Just EXCELLENT writing...great show full of surprises..makes one wonder ...