• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor Gen 3 line?

Sorry but they aren’t very competent if they can’t zero a scope. Amazing how many actual can do it though isn’t it?

The internal adjustments are not suggestions. Amazing how the other week I had to rezero after changing a barrel and adding the tuner and my impact was 4 mils high and 1.4 mils right. I dialed the correction on the internal dial and guess what? Next shot was .1 mil below my aiming point. Not a bad suggestion huh? 😉

So I guess that means a large percentage of Razor owners are retarded?
Nah, you’re conflating causation & correlation.
48E64297-3B5E-4EA4-B974-5A9239B1ABFD.jpeg

Never suggested causation. Just said a significant percentage of Razor owners have the same issue despite what Rob says.

Rob says they are incompetent, you say they are retarded. I say the the zero dial is not precise and often takes some fiddling even when you know the precise offset.

Nah, you’re conflating causation & correlation.
View attachment 7371413

Last edited:
Never knew so many people have problems zeroing their razor. We should cancel vortex for not being inclusive enough for retards.

Never suggested causation. Just said a significant percentage of Razor owners have the same issue despite what Rob says.

Rob says they are incompetent, you say they are retarded. I say the the zero dial is not precise and often takes some fiddling even when you know the precise offset.

I said aren’t very competent. Not completely incompetent. Difference.

I was just joking around man.

have owned an AMG and multiple G2R‘s. They have all been on multiple guns shooting multiple loads. I don’t get how guys have problems obtaining a zero.

Reactions: Rob01
I know how to zero. Any other scope it is done in 3-5 shots. Its the adjustment mechanism. It is not precise despite the markings. Move the inside dial 0.1 mil, sometimes POI changes .1 sometime not at all, sometimes .2. Say what you want but MANY competent shooters have the same issue. See it all the time with the Razor.

This is my experience and I have posted it on here before. The internal markings are merely suggestions most of the time.

Same here. The zeroing dial on my AMG seem to be dead on, but my gen II's adjustments have always been inconsistent at best. Everything works great once it's zeroed though.

Never knew so many people have problems zeroing their razor. We should cancel vortex for not being inclusive enough for retards.

It's not a case of having problem zeroing, it's that it's added faff to fix a problem that doesn't really exist.

The Gen 2 PST is even worse, having to dial down to zero stop and dick around with no clicks is just annoying.
Doesn't mean I can't do it, or struggle with the concept, it just means that for a chronic scope mover (switching scopes between rifles) it's more difficult than other scopes.

I love my Gen 2 PSTs but when it comes too setting the zero stop I end up just getting it close enough (within a mil) and then doing final adjustments with the clicks engaged.

Reactions: stevenc23
Have a pretty new Razor, the internal turret seems to pretty accurate on mine. Did anyone with problems ever reach out to Vortex for an opinion?

Have a pretty new Razor, the internal turret seems to pretty accurate on mine. Did anyone with problems ever reach out to Vortex for an opinion?

I vaguely remember another thread where someone contacted Vortex about this and they fixed things up for him but I never bothered. I don't re-zero enough to be bothered about having to send a few extra rounds down the pipe. I absolutely love the rest of the my gen II so I'd rather not run the risk of things being pulled apart and the turrets feeling worse once it comes back to me. Could be operator error, but like I said, my AMG uses the same system and I haven't had any difficulty zeroing it with the markings on the internal dial. The two PST Gen IIs I've used were quick and easy as well.

It's not a case of having problem zeroing, it's that it's added faff to fix a problem that doesn't really exist.

The Gen 2 PST is even worse, having to dial down to zero stop and dick around with no clicks is just annoying.
Doesn't mean I can't do it, or struggle with the concept, it just means that for a chronic scope mover (switching scopes between rifles) it's more difficult than other scopes.

I love my Gen 2 PSTs but when it comes too setting the zero stop I end up just getting it close enough (within a mil) and then doing final adjustments with the clicks engaged.
Funny I’ve never had a problem zeroing either scopes.

both my razors internal set screw have been bang on , and i zero frequent enough between barrels on my DT Srs .

Reactions: Rob01