• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor vs. Tango 6

regnar375

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2018
raymond NH
Razor gen 2 4.5x27 or Tango 6 5x30.

I did some searches and did not find many comparison's. i can get a deal on the sig so price wise they are equall.

Which one and why?

I've played with both and much prefer the turrets of the razor, couldn't tell on glass really as it was inside a store

Turrets are definitely better on the Razor, glass is slightly better. How you feel about the weight and open center reticle should be how you determine if the Razor is for you. Because if, like me, those things don't bother you- Razor is the best value out there.

Would you rather have a product backed by a company with one of if not the worst reputations in the industry or by one backed up with probably the best reputation in the industry?

5 years from now the Vortex will be worth what they are going for used. The sig you will be lucky to offload for 1/3 the price.

Reactions: GhostFace
I have both, and can agree that the turrets on the Sig, while functional, fall short of those on the Vortex. In terms of the glass, I can't pick a winner off the top of my head... I'll try to do a back-to-back comparison soon. I *will* say that I really dig the floating dot in the Sig DEV-L reticle.

OK, so I have both of these scopes. I have the Vortex on a TRG22 and the Tango6 on a T3x-tacA1. I do like the Vortex turrets better. They are more definitive on clicks and easier to dial quickly. The Tango6 are a bit spongy and have to much play when locking them down. I do like the Tango6 reticle a bit better. The optics are close, but I might give the Vortex a slight edge. However, a little more magnification can help sometimes too! I just was looking at Sig site and noticed the Tango6 listed on the BDX page...hmmmm....Shot Show reveal?? https://www.sigsauer.com/products/electro-optics/bdxriflescopes/

That would explain the discounts and reduced inventories. Just a wild theory:)

Reactions: Bravo6