• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Chargemaster.... Upgrade or Offload

I will intentionally set the charge at say 43.3 grains so I can trickle up to 42.5,

I hate to be the one to point this out, because it will sound like I'm being a smartass, but I'm not. I can see myself making exactly this mistake.

If you set your machine to 43.3 with the intention of trickling up to 42.5, you will always overthrow, because 43.3 is larger than 42.5.

For the guys with the Chargemaster issues, I had the same concerns a while back and then bought a legit power conditioner. Since buying one, the charges, and more importantly the 'swing' on what the scale reads has gone to nothing.

I've tested it with check weights, have thrown charges and then days later put them on to see what it would register as and everything is 100%.

Unless you run two, both with a reducer tube mods, I wouldn't bother.

I just sold mine off after upgrading to an FX-120 thrower/Trickler with 419 upgrade kit. I'll never go back, nor be satisfied with anything less.
what is the fx? thanks

For the guys with the Chargemaster issues, I had the same concerns a while back and then bought a legit power conditioner. Since buying one, the charges, and more importantly the 'swing' on what the scale reads has gone to nothing.

I've tested it with check weights, have thrown charges and then days later put them on to see what it would register as and everything is 100%.

Which power conditioner? I've been looking at them, but am having a hard time nailing down which one to get.

I run 3 CM light simultaneously in auto mode. And only use stick powders including Varget. I get a over throw once in a while. Though not always. When it does, the screen reads “over”. Probably got something to do with my a/c being on and I forget to put the pan cover back on during throw. I cross check with another scale (Dillon) for every 10 -15 throws. And always on the dot. Btw, powder dispensing and drop gets going fast with 3 CM, lol. Anyways, I don’t know how the bigger CM is but I can say the CM light does a pretty good job in throwing accurate weight.

Last edited: