• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

READE RANGE"SPRING"SNIPERS CHALLENGE 2011

Re: READE RANGE"SPRING"SNIPERS CHALLENGE 2011

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are looking for a good cheap pack, check out the MOLLE gear on cheaper than dirt web site. Wouldn't hold up in combat conditions but for taking to the range they have a wide variety that will suit your budget and needs. </div></div>

Agreed - I bought one of the voodoo tactical packs from there as a smaller and lighter alternative to the Eberlestock and I gotta say it's not too damn bad.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed - I bought one of the voodoo tactical packs from there as a smaller and lighter alternative to the Eberlestock and I gotta say it's not too damn bad.

--Fargo007 </div></div>
They may be Freddy, but you need to remember what they are.
Cheap foreign made rip offs of products designed and produced by folks like Grand River Tactical, TAB Gear, SOTECH, and others.
I realize that price matters, but it sucks when guys that work hard to develop and refine these products for us get shafted.
Hell, a lot of the guys that make / design this gear come out and compete with us.

One of those places that send a catalog. CTD or sportsman's guide I think.

Phil - I appreciate the intellectual property lesson, but not everybody swims in liquid gold, or wants to drop $300 on a bad ass grade pack, especially if they are not sure they will stick with the sport. I use it with weight inside for training, or short range trips when I don't want to drag the Eberlestock (FAAAAAAR superior) out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of those places that send a catalog. CTD or sportsman's guide I think.

Phil - I appreciate the intellectual property lesson, but not everybody swims in liquid gold, or wants to drop $300 on a bad ass grade pack, especially if they are not sure they will stick with the sport. I use it with weight inside for training, or short range trips when I don't want to drag the Eberlestock (FAAAAAAR superior) out. </div></div>
Sportsman's Guide or Cheaper than Dirt are the two best sources for the Voodoo Tactical Stuff.

Sorry if I came off as a gear snob Freddy.
Just thought that it is important to point out how folks support our sport and also donate to our prize tables.
I'm a bit more sensitive to this right now since I'm hopefully putting some product on some prize tables myself later this year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple months.
Cheers!

Hey - no problem bro. We are cool.

Definitely looking forward to seeing you and all the other shooters again.

That's right - I remember you showing us a pouch you made and it looked excellent.

--Fargo007

Just some info for you guys, On Target Arms the gun smithing wing
of On Target Gun shop will be donating a .308 caliber barreled action to the prize table for the shoot, its a accurized Remington 700 action with a Rock Creek barrel so you know it will be a tack driver,and if you don't want the action you can use the value for store credit, check out our website http://www.ontargetgunshoponline.com/store/ there will be quite a few rifles at the shoot that have come out of our shop....

Anybody shooting this match and use Reloader 22? I've got 15lbs extra which I will bring if someone wants to buy it. $230 OBO.

Also, I've got a few thousand 40sw cases I'll give to whomever wants them.

See you in April.

Eric

Dibs on the 40 cal brass

Any idea of COF or Round Count yet? Just wondering.... The wife and I are getting ready to relocated, and not sure if my reloading station will be up and running.

Hugo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea of COF or Round Count yet? Just wondering.... The wife and I are getting ready to relocated, and not sure if my reloading station will be up and running.

Hugo </div></div>

I would think if you show up with a couple hundred rounds you should be good...

Thanks SubMOA.... All this moving crap is getting into my head.... I just wish we were done with it already!

One other thing.. If you plan on shooting some on friday, bring extra ammo...

Crap.... Almost forgot about Friday. Thanx Again
wink.gif

Hugo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody shooting this match and use Reloader 22? I've got 15lbs extra which I will bring if someone wants to buy it. $230 OBO.

Also, I've got a few thousand 40sw cases I'll give to whomever wants them.

See you in April.

Eric </div></div>

Hey Guys- I also have 3.5 lbs of Vitavouri N165; 2.5 lbs of Vitavouri N140 and 1 lb of Winchester 231 if anybody wants it.

Isnt the cup the same wekend??? How many people are backing out?

Rich

As a matter of self interest Rich, I am hoping 4 since I am fourth on the waiting list!lol! hope to see you guys in April at Reade.

Mike

I'm going to have to drop out of the match. We will be moving to PA the week-end before, and I'm not 100% if I can commit to the match. Please let the next guy on the waiting list know he can have my spot.....
frown.gif

Hugo

One,spot opened up, Any takers,First PM with I'LL TAKE IT, gets it

One week to go!!!!

What time can we get on the range on Friday?

Please check around the pit area before you send rounds, lets make it 800am or so, and bringing coffee is 110% allowed.
There will be steel up on the range for group abuse. Thus the coffee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please check around the pit area before you send rounds, lets make it 800am or so, and bringing coffee is 110% allowed.
There will be steel up on the range for group abuse. Thus the coffee.</div></div>

Roger that, Won't be getting to the range till noon or so....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arrrrgh15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All that camping gear and you don't have coffee?

</div></div>

Jim R's "got gear", if it gets cold he's charging for a seat in the tipi!! I have no hot H2O source, figured my steel for coffee was a fair trade.

ANOTHER SPOT OPEN!!

Hey all, another shooter cannot make it. If you want to shoot the match next weekend, shoot miker (or me) a PM ASAP.

Re: ANOTHER SPOT OPEN!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arrrrgh15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All that camping gear and you don't have coffee?

</div></div>

Jim R's "got gear", if it gets cold he's charging for a seat in the tipi!! I have no hot H2O source, figured my steel for coffee was a fair trade. </div></div>

How about you bring your coffee pot, I'll bring my generator for you to use the weekend...

It's sort of become a tradition that those hotel-ing it bring a coffee or two in the AM for the poor frozen chunks of people who are roughing it.

Half & Half, no sugar if you please.

Bless you, Bless you sir.

There is also a historically defined shitting order in the AM.

This is going to be a great time again.

--Fargo007

A heartfelt thanks goes out to JamieD of Wolf Precision, a true artisan in every sense of the word, as well as our other generous sponsors who once more stepped up to provide one HECKUVA rifle for the prize table at next weekends match.

The specs are as follows:

Remington 700 Action, PTG one piece bolt w/mini 16 extractor and diamond fluting, Manners T3 stock, Bartlein medium palma 8 tw chambered in .260 and cut to 26", Holland pinned recoil lug, Badger Ordnance m5 bottom metal, and Rifle Basix trigger at 2 lbs.

Wolf Precision trued the action, finished the bolt, chambered and crowned the barrel, installed pillars, bedded the action and bottom metal in Devcon and cerakoted all the metal. She is truly beautiful and thanks goes out to all the sponsors who made this possible.

Wolf Precision, Manners Composite Stocks, Bartlein Barrels, Badger Ordnance, Pacific Tool and Gauge and Rifle Basix.

ReadeRiflePics003.jpg

ReadeRiflePics001.jpg

ReadeRiflePics005.jpg

I am blow away Jamie, thanks. I am hoping that rifle ends up in my gun case by the end of the weekend.

Will be leaving early AM for range, For set up, Will be nice to see old and new friends and put faces to names.

Bring your cameras

see ya tomorrow

miker

Fantastic match. Miker's been running this for a few years and it is now a well oiled machine with some really fun and challenging stage.

My best recall of the COF (in no particular order). I am sure I missed a few.

Day 1
Cold bore mover at 600/
Hide shot
ladder shot
jungle run
heartbreaker
barricades
rope climb
pop ups
prone slung
10 shot drill
up/downs
bang steel/movers

Day 2
cold bore at 1000
headshots at 1000
closest to center of 5" circle at 1000
100 yard run, 900 to 800
barricade movers
runner/ walkers
body carry/ hostage movers

Thank you Miker!

More later, but what a great time!

Physical fitness mattered on this one. A lot. It was also more scenario based than in the past. I liked that.

I know we wrote day 1's stages on all the scoring pages, so all I need is a reliable day 2.

I have the score sheets and will be compiling a spreadsheet so shooters can track their progress.

Also have pics of the medal guys and top prize raffle winners which I will put up on our website.

ETA - The pics we need are from the dedicated photogs. I don't know who they are or how to contact them. If they can get me the pics I will host them on our website.

--Fargo007

This was a fantastic match, the prize table was literally overflowing with generosity. Thank you to Miker for the hard work that went into the course of fire, organizing the setup, et al. Thanks to 19scout77 for putting together so many sponsors for the prize table, and thank you to the dedicated pit boss who's 'Hide name I don't remember. He spent the whole weekend running the pits and making sure the stages were scored, setup, broken down, and moving smoothly.

Many personal thanks to <span style="font-weight: bold">On Target Gunsmithing</span> for the 308 that I was lucky enough to win in the raffle.

Thank you Miker and Reade Range crew for running such a smooth and challenging match. Your hard work and planning was very much appreciated. It is always a pleasure to join you and my fellow shooters at Reade Range. Throughout the years shooting at Reade Range, I have learned from talented shooters and look forward to each match.

I was very fortunate to have won the custom made rifle in the random drawing. Thank you Jamie Dodson of Wolf Precision for building such a beautiful rifle and the amazing sponsers: Wolf Precision team, Manners Composite Stocks, Bartlein Barrels, Badger Ordnance, Pacific Tool and Gauge and Rifle Basix.

Lance