• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bag suggestions

Twisted300Win MAG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2012
Michigan
I'm looking to shoot a few F open matches this summer. I'm looking for suggestions on a reasonably priced rear bag. I'll be shooting off a Vipers rest.
Thanks
Donald

For F Class skip the TAB and Triad Wedge, look into a bunny ear bag of some sort

For F Class, you will like the LARGE Wedge:
https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tapered-Rear-Bag.html

image1.jpg

After checking the info. on the Vipers, I'm guessing you figure a reasonably priced rear bag is around $400.00! For F-class you want a tall rabbit or bunny ear bag with the double bottom from Protektor. www.natchezss.com has the best prices I have found at about $35.00. Fill it to max. with heavy sand from Sinclair. Also check the rear bags at Sinclair.

Str8 Laced rear bag is pure awesomeness. Wiebad has some nice ones. TAB and Triad make good products as well.
Depends really on if you're going to go all out for F-class shooting or if you want a rear bag that's going to be use for tactical/practical shooting too.

If it's just for F-Class, I'd lean more towards a nice heavy bag that is comfortable for you in the prone position and is the appropriate height for level ground shooting.
Here's an example of one: Protektor Deluxe Rear Bag w/handle - Cordura | Sinclair Intl

Str8 Laced rear bag is pure awesomeness. Wiebad has some nice ones. TAB and Triad make good products as well.
Depends really on if you're going to go all out for F-class shooting or if you want a rear bag that's going to be use for tactical/practical shooting too.

If it's just for F-Class, I'd lean more towards a nice heavy bag that is comfortable for you in the prone position and is the appropriate height for level ground shooting.
Here's an example of one: Protektor Deluxe Rear Bag w/handle - Cordura | Sinclair Intl

+1 on the Protektor bag.

So I bought the Red Tac and I'm not sure it works for me. It is very well made however under the butt of my A5 with an Atlas bipod on the front, I find that laying the bag horizontal doesn't give me quite enough to work with while squeezing it in order to drop the muzzle down. I have to squeeze it pretty hard in order to get the rifle level. I tried setting the bipod up with the legs 45degrees off to lower the front end and now have the opposite problem, too low. Up right it is way too tall of course. Any suggestions?

I have all the types of bags listed here but I would highly recommend a benchrest type bag for F Open. I love my Protektor. You can get bunny ear or Owl ear. I like the rabbit myself.

Good luck.

I did well with my TAB bag at the F Class I shot in but a good front rest and rear rest will be better.

I use a liberator wedge and love it, not only does it work but after destroying homos on the range you can destroy their their bungholes off the range, if yall know what im sayin

I use a liberator wedge and love it, not only does it work but after destroying homos on the range you can destroy their their bungholes off the range, if yall know what im sayin

Remember to Scotch-guard it especially durimg those sweaty, summer months.

Try your hand at making one. Then you get exactly what you need and want.

It's not very hard. Even for those of who are sewing challenged.

A lot of F-open shooters are using the Edgewood "gatorhead" style rest. they have a thick solid base and they don't move under recoil. However, they are pricey, but make a real difference in your setup. Also, there are a lot of F/TR shooters using them as well.

Stay away from the light tac bags for fclass. They will not allow your gun to track properly. You will not notice it at short range but when you get out back it will hert your scores. I use a tube style bag for precision comps but switch to a edgewood for fclass. Make sure you fill it with heavy sand and as hard as you can. This will help with tracking and movement. Also get the shims to raise it up or make them out of wood/rubber belting.