• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rebarrel Ruger Super Blackhawk 44

leatherman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I know this forum is for rifles, but are there any gunsmiths out there that would be willing to put a Shilen barrel on my Ruger Super blackhawk? How much do you charge or who do you recommend? Mine has a 7/12 barrel on it now, and would like to have this one cut down to 4 5/8 and front sight reinstalled, or put a new Shilen barrel on it, cut to 4 5/8, front sight reattached and the shell extractor rod put back on.

Thanks
Stephen

Re: Rebarrel Ruger Super Blackhawk 44

Great modification. I had my 7.5" SBH cut to 4 5/8" and front sight reinstalled. It was a few years back, at a local gunshop. I think I paid about $100 or so. I also added a Bowen Arms rear sight, Belt Mtn locking cylinder pin, steel ejector rod housing, and a Hogue grip. The Bianchi "Lawman" holster is what I carry it in.

Img_1160.jpg

Img_3476.jpg

Img_3479.jpg

Img_1159.jpg

Img_3477.jpg

I'm not sure if Reeder could do it without engraving his name down the side of the barrel.

I recommend Alan Harton of TX or Dave Clements of Virginia.

MontanaMarine,

Good looking pistol, that's pretty much what mine is gonna look like but different grips. Got hold of Alan Harton today, nice guy, think I will be sending mine in for a face lift. Once again thanks for the rec's.