• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Rebarreled rifle scope mount problem

wco24u

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2008
Concord, N.C.
Recently had my 700 rebarreled seems I have slight problem with scope mounting. First, mount was a Game Reaper, mounted the scope and began boresighting. The scope Nikon Monarch (new) used all of the left windage to come to zero. Second mount, Game Reaper, mounted scope same problem. Third mount, Leupold STD, mounted scope.

At, this point, counted all the clicks in the scope from left to right and came back to center. All clicks are there, reticle moves the same distance every click. Using a boresighter to watch each click. Used the windage on the mount to bring it to center. Used all the right side windage screw and there was no more adjustment. It took 8 addition clicks in 1/4" per click to come to center.

At a loss for words, and need some help. Is the action, recoil lug or barrel not squared somehow?

Re: Rebarreled rifle scope mount problem

You got it. I would take it back to whoever did the work and either have him check the alignment of the barrel/receiver. SOunds as if he may not have set up the barrel correctly.

Re: Rebarreled rifle scope mount problem

Good way to get business, got three Nikon Monarch scopes already. You need to buy a couple?

Spoken to some guys who build tactical, benchrest and longrange guns. Its in the action to barrel being out of square when set-up.