• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rebarreling a bergara

They used to provide a very affordable rebarrel price.

They don’t anymore because they don’t have time with how much product they are moving as it is.

Bergara has claimed before that they are held tight enough to take prefits. I wish someone would put the legwork in if measuring a bunch to see if that’s true.
We made a lot of Bergara prefits for a carbon wrapped barrel company as barrel nut barrels. It's not something that I have enough data on to start making shouldered prefits. We have some and it's potentially there but I'm not hanging my liability insurance on as few of them as I've measured. Same reason why we stopped doing Defiance prefits without the action for the first time. They're now denying that the Rukus/Tenacity/AnTi lineup was ever advertised as a "prefit capable" action. We have what I consider to be a high return rate for headspace problems (about 1 in 16 as opposed to Bighorn/Impact/ARC/LonePeak/Tikka that average about 1 in 330 collectively) so we've discontinued working on Defiance barrels sight unseen.

Now the standard practice is:

Send the action, we measure it and provide a lasered tag with the dimensions
We cut the barrel, install it and send the package back.
So long as you don't change the bolt or lose the laser tag I don't need your action again.

We offer the same service for Bergara, Rem 700, etc. Tikka is really the only factory rifle we offer to do without the action.

Last edited:
Oh damn I did not realize ruckus had those issues. Def touted as a prefit action.

How many tikkas did you measure before committing?

Attachments

• AABFD9E4-48A0-48D0-8930-14977B800D01.jpeg
    AABFD9E4-48A0-48D0-8930-14977B800D01.jpeg
    526.6 KB · Views: 65
We made a lot of Bergara prefits for a carbon wrapped barrel company as barrel nut barrels. It's not something that I have enough data on to start making shouldered prefits. We have some and it's potentially there but I'm not hanging my liability insurance on as few of them as I've measured. Same reason why we stopped doing Defiance prefits without the action for the first time. They're now denying that the Rukus/Tenacity/AnTi lineup was ever advertised as a "prefit capable" action. We have what I consider to be a high return rate for headspace problems (about 1 in 16 as opposed to Bighorn/Impact/ARC/LonePeak/Tikka that average about 1 in 330 collectively) so we've discontinued working on Defiance barrels sight unseen.

So long as you don't change the bolt or lose the laser tag I don't need your action again.

We offer the same service for Bergara, Rem 700, etc. Tikka is really the only factory rifle we offer to do without the action.
They're denying that they said those actions would take prefits? That's some interesting gymnastics if so, considering this post:

ETA: They essentially indicate that the Deviant and the Rebel aren't suitable for prefits, but the Tenacity, anTi, anTi X, and Ruckus actions "can hold .0005” tolerance on the bolt and guarantee +/- .001” on the bolt/receiver assembly."

Reactions: DangerRanger
Might be worth making a separate defiance pre fit thread as that’s a pretty big deal and may deserve it’s own legs

Reactions: Secant

Will be sending you Bergara here in the future :). And thanks for replying! I’ve been super happy w my prefit for my Tikka! She shoots laser now! And I’m looking at picking up another in either 6cm or 22cm, etc.

Reactions: bohem