Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Texas
www.SWFA.com
Re: Rebranding Scopes

ATK owns Blackhawk and Weaver, they do some pretty odd things marketing wise and this does not suprise me coming from them.

tt350z

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2009
Minot, ND

Correct me if I'm wrong, But your weaver has a mil reticle with MOA knobs correct?

The Cabelas has matching mil/mil reticle and knobs. That's worth extra price to me.

beretta_man11

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
MS

Good point! Mine is Mil dot-MOA turrets.

What else does weaver build for other people? I know Nitrex is one of theirs.

Bushnell does millet.

Nikon or Leupold do any?

TrapperSGD

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
NW Arkansas

You have to remember that most "companies" are only brand names owned by larger companies. For instance there is no Simmons company, it is a brand owned by Bushnell, just like Tasco. There are only so many rifle scope factories. A lot of scopes come out of the same factories. The Japanese Weavers and Bushnells are made in the same factory.

Weaver does offer the 3-15x 50mm in a Mil-Mil configuration it is just not out yet:
Weaver 3-15x 50mm 800363

beretta_man11

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
MS

wow, and they are even coming out with ILL. Cool. not on the 4-20... what's up with that?!?!

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2010
    Michigan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperSGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Weaver does offer the 3-15x 50mm in a Mil-Mil configuration it is just not out yet:
    Weaver 3-15x 50mm 800363 </div></div>

While everyone else is waiting for the PST to trickle out I'm personally waiting patiently for this scope to come out this spring. New reticle, mil/mil FFP and illumination, 100 moa (29 mil) travel, should be a good one.

Flyingbullseye

beretta_man11

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2010
    MS

I own a 3-15 and 4-20. Great scopes, great glass and perfect tracking. It should be a real contender with the PST.

speaking of which. This young guy at the gun shop tells me Vortex is a spin off of Swarovski. any truth to that?