• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RECOIL Difference in 155 Palm Loads to Std. NATO 7.62 fodder?

RadarsRUs

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2012
East Coast FL
What are impressions of recoil difference between .308 / 155 BTHP Match Loads and Standard Military 7.62 ball ammo? Anything to speak of or the same? Struggling to make decision between 7mm-08 as next barrel or go with the old "universal" alternative.

Only shooting paper for smallest groups I can make at between 100-500 yards. Currently only have a .223 hvy. Varmint (12 lbs.) gun. Looking for some more "Boom" while still keeping ability to shoot 50-60 rnds. at a sitting without turning bad shoulder into pulp. I reload so ammo cost will be same.

7mm-08 really has some nice ballistics on paper and a reportedly 20% "reduction in recoil" over .308 but all I can gage it against is Surplus Military Ammo in friends Ruger M77.

Thanks for any input.

I would imagine that the NATO stuff would recoil less than the Palma loads. Palma loads have more pressure and velocity. If I understand correctly, Palma bullets should be pushed to 2900 fps or faster.