• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recomendations back pack under 200 dollars

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
I am looking for a back pack. This will be used on hunting trips and traveling. I travel out of country and fly 3-4 times a year. I am looking for a decent quality bag and can be used for both. This will not be a bug out bag I have that covered. Just normal travel and sometimes hunting.

For hunting I have two packs. One carries my gear and has no frame. It's a canvas forest service pack. It's not made for carrying much weight.

For packing meat I tie my canvas pack onto a pack frame. You can tie on any size load to a pack frame. You are not limited by the dimensions of a pack bag. I once tied on half of a spike bull elk and packed it about a mile to my boat. Usually you would never tie on that much weight or bulk, but it will work even for that. You don't see a lot of pack frames any more. They still have their purpose in my opinion.

I have Maxpedition Doppelduffel that I use for everything. Travel range trips etc..So far its been awesome

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

It may be a little big for your purpose but I have always liked the surplus Marine Corps ILBE rucksacks. You can usually find them in good condition for a descent price.

I picked up an eberlestock phantom for sub 200 from my lgs. Scabbard fits rifle while an the field. Scabbard zips off and makes the pack carry on compliant for travel. Plenty of molle and internal pockets and dividers, good suspension system. Not perfect but pretty good.

I can't imagine getting better quality for the price than Tactical Tailor. I like the Removable Operator Pack for a smaller size pack. Perfect size for hunting IMO.

You may consider the H2 Gunrunner from Eberlestock. It's small enough to use as a carry on. Call Ceylon at Deltaoutdoorsman he will help you out.

I have a lot of bag, I don't know why, I just like duffel bags and backpacks.

All my traveling I use Swiss gear, but I recently (about a year ago) bought a 5.11 bag for range trips and hunting. I really like the quality and design, I would use it for traveling as well. They come in a bunch of different sizes, and a few different colors. Kind of a tactical style bag with the molle straps and what not, but if that doesn't deter you from making it a travel bag, check em out. Academy carries them, in case you want to fondle before you buy!

I would also recommend the 511 packs. I use the middle sized one everyday, and when traveling. Lots of pockets and places to store things so you don't have to sort through one big area. I have both the large and small ones too, but use the middle sized one the most.

^^^^^ Just picked up the 511 pack. More pockets inside and out than I could fill with all my rifle gear and ammo. Well made and comfortable straps.

Keep an eye on London Bridge Trading Company for their specials. I picked up one of their 3 day pack last month for $60. Its an outstanding pack.

I use a Maxpedition Falcon ll for my go-to pack. I fly with it and use it as my main shooting pack. It has a bladder pocket for a hydro-pouch, tons of Molle and straps. I'm able to carry all of my shooting gear in or on it for every trip. It is also very comfortable when loaded up. I don't feel strain from the weight, since the shoulder straps are formed well to me.

5.11 Rush 24 is my go-to bag. Lots of storage space and the straps are well made. Don't know if it's the best for travel if you're expecting to carry a week's worth of clothes, but you can get a weekend's worth in no problem.

Just got this from London Bridge. If you fit either job description you can score some great pack gear

At LBT we understand that you have many options in purchasing tactical nylon –

First and foremost-

We are forever grateful for your service to our great Country.

Secondly –

We appreciate that you choose us over “them” and continue with your service to our Country in not only selfless sacrifice, but in your continued desire to purchase “Made at Home” kit.

Lastly-

As a token of said appreciation we are launching our first Military & Government Employee Appreciation Sale. During this time frame (14 MAR thru 17 MAR) you’ll have the chance to acquire your kit for 50% off MSRP. You’ll see the discount once you log into your account, annotated by the “Your Price” area. You’ll also be getting a newsletter from the website (if you’re subscribed) listing the other things we’re running that you and the average citizen can capitalize on. This email will note a 30% discount storewide, ignore it as it does not apply to you.

Be Safe, and thank you for your continued dedication

Check out the Arc'reryx khard 30/45. The Arc'teryx khard series bags are very modular, I have one and love it!

The Khard 30 also one carryology's award for best active backpack: The Carry Awards :: Best Active Backpack Results | Carryology

*Edit - just saw your title, the criteria for it being under $200. The Khard 30 retails for $360, but there are deals around if you keep on the lookout. I got mine 6 months ago brand new from a reputable dealer for $230, they were having a big sale.

Last edited: