• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Recommend me a good outfit in Texas for my woman's 1st turkey hunt.

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Hey all,
    So the girlfriend has decided she wants to kill something! A turkey specifically. She's a Cali girl and found a place near the central coast. Something about a "beautiful lodge and 5 star dining" (her words) but I said Fuck THAT!!!! Get thyne ass to Texas. We can do it bigger, better, and cheaper! It's a "Maybe" on that last one but IDK. She has gone from not being super fond of guns to wanting to hunt sheep, turkeys, and the such so if I gotta dress up for dinner at the lodge so be it. As long as it helps feed her love for shooting, hunting, and fieldcraft! So... instead of reading millions of reviews that may or may not be honest (I have started doing this but pretty websites don't sway me much.), etc. I though the hide crew could point in the right direction for a place that can do muddy and bloody during the day and black tie for dinner. Thank you all so much for the input in advance. Planning on this being a Christmas present and doing a spring hunt next year.

Last edited:
    Check around in a Texas hunting forum. There are quite a few places.

That being said, the Turkeys in Central and Eastern Oklahoma look really good right now.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    R.0c91cae659de98532d1fb97669cab1e4

I was so excited when I shot my first turkey but it scared the shit out of everyone in the frozen foods section! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
    Reactions: roostercogburn98