• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendation on all day comfortable ear plugs worn underneath muffs

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    I currently run both some of those cheap molded ear plugs Radianz (https://amzn.to/2FuEeTX) and run muffs over them. My ears are pretty sensitive and I always double up around centerfire rifles. To be able to hear what's going on I need amplified muffs, so I had been running Howard Leight's and Peltor Tacticals.

I recently upgraded to the new Sordin Supreme Pro-X's with noisefighter gel cups. They provide a good deal of NRR, so I don't think I need stack 30 NRR ontop of 30 NRR plugs, so looking for possibly a more comfortable plug that'll double up with the Sordins.

For those people doubling up, what comfortable all day ear plugs do you guys run? There are a bunch of good all day ear plugs, but they're too bulky to be worn underneath the muffs.

Thanks in advance.

skin sensitivity sometimes comes into play. foamies aren't bad if you can break occasionally

skin sensitivity sometimes comes into play. foamies aren't bad if you can break occasionally

I found foamies to be a bit too much pressure in the ear over a long period of time. I was like so excited when I could take them out. If I only need a little bit more protection, I was seeing if there was something more comfortable. I recall someone mentioning this in another thread but only 1 person ever mentioned it and I wasn't quite sure if they would be all that comfortable.

I double up with the Howard Leights and the Surefire EP10s. Very comfortable. Tried the Decibullzs but they were awful.

Reactions: ma smith
    I wear these every night cause of the wife’s snoring. Very low pressure in the ear. I recommend the non-corded

Foamies are super comfy for me all day. They come in all different shapes and sizes. The trick is finding a set that work out to be big enough and enough pressure without hurting.

Try some silicone plugs from Walgreens, CVS et al. They mold flat, conform to your ear, are reusable (to a degree - personal hygiene / preferences apply), cheap and block noise really well. Commended.

Nothing beats custom molded plugs for all day comfort. Prem Ear is who made mine. He travels to major matches. Check out his website and match schedule.

Reactions: delfuego