• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations for carrying 308 mags?

jlow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
Any recommendations for carriers for this type of mags? Would be the 20 round PMAG and/or LaRue. Looking for secure/easy access. For 3-gun, I have been using Bladetec and a BCM chest rig mag carrier for the 223 mags but have no experience for the 308 carriers. Belt based or chest rig would be fine. Looking for quality stuff.

Thanks ahead for your help.

I would look into bacustomkydex.com. He makes it out of Kydex with tec lock or any number of other attachments

HiSpeedGear Tacos. They'll accommodate whatever magazine you have. So if you want to use the same rig but are using a different tool, there's no need to change your pouches.

http://www.hsgi.us/

What are you wanting to do? I know Tony personally from TAB gear and his .308 mag pouches are great for field/tactical matches, I use them for AI AW 10rd mags. If you are looking for a very quick mag change for say..3 gun shooting style matches, I would run something a little different. The elastic straps for holding the mags (TAB mag pouches) in place are great but unless you remember to tuck them out of the way, they can hinder super quick mag changes.

Wow! Thanks for all the great suggestions guys! Will take some time to look through these and perhaps come back with some questions.

Thanks again!

I used the Wilderness tactical during the Texas Multigun championships last month and it really holds the mag snug when running.

For Multigun? Ready Tac FAL mag carriers. Good retention and slick on the pull. Works with AICS mags, too, along with LR20s and SR25 mags.