• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations for installing tactical bolt knob?

Point of Impact

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2012
I am looking to have some tactical style bolt knobs installed on a few of my rifles in place of the factory ones. Who do you recommend I send my bolt to in order to have this done?

Re: Recommendations for installing tactical bolt knob?

Contact Monteboy84 on this forum. He does great work and he's quick!

AZPrecision. enough said

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact Monteboy84 on this forum. He does great work and he's quick! </div></div>

Still the only man I let touch my knob.

If you are shooting a remington 700 action and just want something cheap to try out then check out the KRG bolt lift. I havent heard how good they are from anyone but is a pretty good idea, only about $30, and no waiting. Keep in mind it wont be nearly as good as having a real knob installed by a pro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact Monteboy84 on this forum. He does great work and he's quick! </div></div>
+1000

So it sounds like GAP and Monteboy84 have the top votes so far. I am going to contact Monteboy84 for a price quote but does anyone know GAP's off the top of their head?

This thread needs pictures. Keith at PCR gets my vote. I don't know if he is still doing conversions but I would look him up. Makes his own knobs. I got the "Scout" put on a 700 and it was great. He's a vendor here.

DSC_0313.jpg

I see GAP does it for $95 installed so I might go through them. I have one person saying it is a one day turn around and another saying it is a long wait..

I also contacted Monte to see what his price would be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crod1972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kampfeld Customs does great work</div></div>

x2...Sent my bolt to him, he did a bolt knob and spiral fluting. Everything turned out great! pretty quick about 3-4 days.

I had mine done a couple of months ago from Gap. The wait time is def not long.