• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Recommendations for Vacation-- Serious Post

Re: Recommendations for Vacation-- Serious Post

Costa Rica would have what you are looking and I also like New Zealand or Australia if you have the time.

tijuana-donkey-show.american-apparel-juniors-fitted-tee.ash-white-stripe.w380h440z1.jpg

Bermuda. It's got pink beaches, great lodging and dining, brilliantly clear waters, sports fishing, golfing, and 18 miles (one way) of great hiking along the length of the island: http://www.bermudarailway.net/now/trail.html It's a fairly reserved atmosphere in comparison to other vacation destinations, and small enough that you almost begin to feel like you know the place after only a few days there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bermuda. It's got pink beaches, great lodging and dining, brilliantly clear waters, sports fishing, golfing, and 18 miles (one way) of great hiking along the length of the island: http://www.bermudarailway.net/now/trail.html It's a fairly reserved atmosphere in comparison to other vacation destinations, and small enough that you almost begin to feel like you know the place after only a few days there.</div></div>

I forgot about Bermuda and Tucker's Town. Not a raging party but still a lot of fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bermuda. It's got pink beaches, great lodging and dining, brilliantly clear waters, sports fishing, golfing, and 18 miles (one way) of great hiking along the length of the island: http://www.bermudarailway.net/now/trail.html It's a fairly reserved atmosphere in comparison to other vacation destinations, and small enough that you almost begin to feel like you know the place after only a few days there.</div></div>

I forgot about Bermuda and Tucker's Town. Not a raging party but still a lot of fun. </div></div>

Yeah, the OP said that they weren't big on the clubbing thing, so it came immediately to mind. Otherwise, I might have suggested Ibiza: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1477111

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, ok... My wife and I have figured it out! We were going to go all out and leave the country but instead we are going to hike around Appalachian trail. Specifically the place I started at last year, Fontana Dam, NC. We are going to do day hikes, maybe an overnighter. Zip lines, swimming, etc... We are still planning the rest, but she was stoked when we started looking at some of the pics I took from my trip last year. I am excited, I really like it there and I know we will have lots of fun. I will post some pics when we get back. Thank you all for your input! </div></div>

Been all over there....the Linville Gorge section and the Graveyard fields, Cold Mountain, Shining Rock areas are some great isolation and scenery also if you head N up the parkway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Key West? HAHAH, funny, especially since you live so close to San Fran...is there something you are trying to hide? I have been to the Florida and it's keys many times, and Key West is my least favorite key. The only thing there is the beach, homosexuals and bars. Bars and homosexuals are not especially enjoyable for me, and Florida has some of the best beaches in the world, but Key West isn't one of them.

I would go with what others here have said, and pick a place within the US. Not only will it be cheaper, but I am sure that almost everyone knows a place within this once Great country that you have always wanted to explore. </div></div>

Hmmm, didn't really notice. Then again, I wasn't looking for homosexuals either. Could it be maybe you are the one hiding something?
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Your situational awareness is horrible, but hopefully your family's well being will never be compromised because of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Key West? HAHAH, funny, especially since you live so close to San Fran...is there something you are trying to hide? I have been to the Florida and it's keys many times, and Key West is my least favorite key. The only thing there is the beach, homosexuals and bars. Bars and homosexuals are not especially enjoyable for me, and Florida has some of the best beaches in the world, but Key West isn't one of them.

I would go with what others here have said, and pick a place within the US. Not only will it be cheaper, but I am sure that almost everyone knows a place within this once Great country that you have always wanted to explore. </div></div>

Hmmm, didn't really notice. Then again, I wasn't looking for homosexuals either. Could it be maybe you are the one hiding something?
whistle.gif
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Your situational awareness is horrible</span>, but hopefully your family's well being will never be compromised because of it. </div></div>

You are probably right. I generally only look out for those that could potentially bring harm which did not include ones sexual orientation. I will definitely be more aware now so as to "not compromise my families well being." Thanks again for the heads up.

Osa penninsula, Costa Rica! Best vacation ever and we brought the kids.

P1241178-2.jpg

P1231134.jpg

CSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

P1201046.jpg

P1211079.jpg

P1180932-1.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

P1201032.jpg

Costa Rica, Vancouver, BC or Sedona, AZ. Can't get enough of Sedona right now, plenty of places to hike, but there isn't great, great restaurants. Love Vancouver. Tons to do, wilderness isn't too far & great food. Though since the Canadian dollar has risen compared to USD, not the cheapest choice like it used to be.

Grand Caymen Island was great, low crime rate and beautiful scenery. Kind of expensive though