• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

recommended angle cosine indicator

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi all - I recenly moved to a new state and just got into shooting targets at long range at diff angles. I am told, that angle cosine indicator is a good solution to adjust your elevation. Can experienced shooters, share some advice on which make/brand of angle cosine indicator I should consider buying? If there are better solutions vs angle cosine indicators, please share those as well....thanks for your time and attention.

They all basically work the same. Get an LRF that has one built in so when you laser the target not only do you get the range you get the angle.

realistically the indicators are about as accurate as most bubble levels cause that’s essentially all they are. but if you insist, badger ordinance is a good place to go.

There are many options out there Like Nighforce, Badger, Horus, and others already mentioned. Some only show the angle while others only show percent. There are others that show both. Some of the smaller options are more difficult to read and may have issues with increased accuracy as the indicator is rather thick and the numbers are small and close together. Other larger options have more hash marks but then you have a much larger slope indicator hanging off the rifle. I have several sitting in a box in the garage as I just use my LRF that automatically makes the adjustment with a push of a button. One of the better slope indicators I have used over the years would be the Horus but it’s far from mil-spec and not as stout as many others.

Strelok+ (and probably Strelok Pro) has an internal sensor that uses your smartphone to determine angle and the cos of the angle from the shooter to the target.

Reactions: harry_x1
They all basically work the same. Get an LRF that has one built in so when you laser the target not only do you get the range you get the angle.

realistically the indicators are about as accurate as most bubble levels cause that’s essentially all they are. but if you insist, badger ordinance is a good place to go.
That with the range finder, or use the one thats built into your phones ballistic calculator if you have that, itll be as good enough.

Reactions: harry_x1