• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended Rear Bag rest for ELR

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi all - I am new to ELR game and recently got a 33xc built for Ko1M type ELR matches. Looking for recommendation on what type of rear bag rest to use. Super interested specifically in feedback from people who pariticipate in ELR matches and their experiences. I believe most of the shooting will be prone. Thanks for your time and suggestions !

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
I've been using a pint sized gamechanger, It works. I picked up an angled protektor bag to try out, I think that's what most are doing. I'm pretty convinced an F-class style bag with an adjustable bag rider will be more stable and consistent. That's my plan for the next build.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say

Reactions: harry_x1
We’ve got a wedge that Robert at Alamo Precision Rifles designed for ELR and it’s really good. It a “dual” wedge so one side can give you 2” to 4” and the other side can give you 3” to 7-8”. It’s a big bag so it handles big calibers well.

I need to get some new pics as this was just a quick one I snapped of the prototype so it’s not very good.

If your looking for a bag gi precision underground 100% I have there elr 3D bag and love it and also have the wedge I haven't spent much time with it because of weather ect. But it looks very promising and super handy to have.

Reactions: harry_x1
Hi all - I am new to ELR game and recently got a 33xc built for Ko1M type ELR matches. Looking for recommendation on what type of rear bag rest to use. Super interested specifically in feedback from people who pariticipate in ELR matches and their experiences. I believe most of the shooting will be prone. Thanksè for your time and suggestions !
It's all done prone .Ryan Cheany as a good inflatable bag.Check him out on YouTube

If your using something like a Phoenix bipod up front and your not making adjustments to point of aim with the rear bag get an edgewood bag and make it as heavy as the rules you shoot under will allow.

We’ve got a wedge that Robert at Alamo Precision Rifles designed for ELR and it’s really good. It a “dual” wedge so one side can give you 2” to 4” and the other side can give you 3” to 7-8”. It’s a big bag so it handles big calibers well.

I need to get some new pics as this was just a quick one I snapped of the prototype so it’s not very good.
Just ordered one from you guys! Thanks

It is a great bag. I've been using it and I will be using it at the nightforce challenge. I have there elr 3d bag but this bag is more versatile and quick change in elevation is so easy and fast. My go to bag for that style

Reactions: TheDude219
It is a great bag. I've been using it and I will be using it at the nightforce challenge. I have there elr 3d bag but this bag is more versatile and quick change in elevation is so easy and fast. My go to bag for that style
Right on guys we appreciate it! 🤙🏼

If your gut is going to be in the dirt almost all the time....cheat....go with an Adjustable Bag Rider and a custom benchrest type rear bag...makes life just so much easier....
Yeah, I have to second this. You can do really well with a squeeze bag but the ABR makes vertical adjustment very easy and if you have any hand strength issues at all it can be a world of difference. Also means that some target transitions can be done without getting out of position at all.

I still prefer a bit of squish in the bag though. Decades of using a squeeze bag is hard to shrug off. But something like coarse sand seems to give that fine quick control while still being pretty stiff.

-Alex