• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Red Jacket Firearms are now being sold at Academy.

Re: Red Jacket Firearms are now being sold at Academy.

Kinda what I thought when I seen it. I didn't know Academy was DOD or some big name contractor. LOL

They're not, pyplynr. Academy is merely getting the Government DOD OVERRUNS. They normally sell for 2-3x that but since these are overruns.... like CS scopes.....

I also blew up the Academy "Survey" on the topic and linked the RJ thread. Hopefully it'll give the guys reviewing it a laugh or two.

Does that mean I can buy a 1000 yard AK Sniper Rifle?

Neva ben dun be four

I saw a secret DOD general in Academy hand delivering those puppies.

I guess they gave up on piston driven AR... The monkey must of had too much trouble installing them.

Wow - what a rip off! I just bought a real brand name...called Smith & Wesson M&P 5.56 rifle for $560. After I change the handguard and put an optic on it it'll still be better then this stuff and comes with a better warranty.

Academy really looks like a bunch of clowns.

I bet they sell a ton. I am no supporter, but I just know people and they will buy it because its on TV. They should engrave "As seen on TV" on it.

You could buy a top of the line M4 for $200 less. What a joke.

Just put my order in for the " AK/R Master Key, Flamethrowin', grenade launching,night vision, gattling ,1000 yd., fold up in a case, all in one weapons system!!!!!!!"

Did it come with a naked pic of "snaggle tooth" daughter?

"snaggle tooth" I don't care who you that right there is funny.
Nothing a pillow case won't cure.

The "snaggle" has been fixed. There was a thread about it!

Pathetic,

AnschutzNerd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sledge Hammer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet they sell a ton. I am no supporter, but I just know people and they will buy it because its on TV. They should engrave "As seen on TV" on it. </div></div>
Better yet they should sell them in the "As seen on TV" Store and not a single place else.

My FIL works at academy and said they cant keep them. Sell the same day they come in and have people calling and coming in daily for them. I gave him a heads up on the company and told him not to suggest its a good buy if someone wants the truth.

Does anyone know who is actually building these rifles? Are they doing it in house or having some other company build them and place their logo on the lower?

Why?

I guess having the Red Jacket Logo on the side means they think it increases the value of the firearm by 50%.

There are better options for less money.

I bet they outsourced the builds......their is nomwaynthatbthey have the sheer number or,people and equipment needed to stock over 800 academy stores.

Not sure why everyone is fascinated with this gun...looks just like a smith and wessson m&p moe. I'd take the s&w everyday of the week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sledge Hammer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet they sell a ton. I am no supporter, but I just know people and they will buy it because its on TV. They should engrave "As seen on TV" on it. </div></div>

This is true. I was recently at an outdoor show and there was a line a mile long to get a $20 picture taken with the guys from the TV show Swamp People. Hilarious!

I'll wait to see if they sell a semi version of the shoulder fired 1919A4 like Mike Johnson needed for his "competition".

I knew that Brownells was selling the RJ stuff, but Academy? Who's next? Wallywerld?

I was at a recent gun show and one of the sellers had a RJF AK on the table for $2000, I am not kidding, $2000....I looked at him and asked him is this a mistake on the price tag and he looked at me and said "It's a Red Jacket" like he was displaying a Monet' painting....I could not help myself and told him he was insane...told him I would not buy a RJF yo-yo....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aberbaseball7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My FIL works at academy and said they cant keep them. Sell the same day they come in and have people calling and coming in daily for them. </div></div>

As the car dealers say: "there's an ass for every seat"
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did it come with a naked pic of "snaggle tooth" daughter? </div></div>

That's some funny shit right there...I don't care who ya are..
whistle.gif

Son's of Guns is full of bullshit and lies. I think it was the 2nd or third show when they made a 'Master Key" and said "it's never been done" Knights Armament has beeing doing them for years. The "Ultimate AR" was a Adams Arms Piston drop in kit and they fucked that up. I only watch to see what train wreck will be next.

Where did you pick up the smith and wesson for 560?

RJ is a total joke

Here is the one review that is posted on the site. Definately red jacket accuracy right there.

"Was lucky enough to get the first one at my local store, so happy with it! Took it out to camp this weekend and sent 200 rounds down range, it operated flawlessly. After zeroing it in, I was putting 3 inch groups together at 100yds. The fit, finish and function are awesome, great workmanship. American Pride!!! So glad to add it to my collection. I would highly recommend this product."

Will hooked me up with a quad single shot 17 snotball for my rancher 420. I would post pics but they are classified. Ya'll can't be privy to all the goings on at red jacket.

I'll never get the time back that it took to read this post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw a secret DOD general in Academy hand delivering those puppies. </div></div>

You mean he wasn't hiding behind the dark tinted glass in a super-secret SUV?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teamr2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is true. I was recently at an outdoor show and there was a line a mile long to get a $20 picture taken with the guys from the TV show Swamp People. Hilarious! </div></div>
I dunno ~ they would have to pay me way more than $20 to have a picture taken with those clowns.

I was at a gun show this morning and I was astonished at the people wanting to buy the RJF AR's for $1300 when there were $750 S&W M&P's sitting right next to them....

I cannot believe the infatuation with these people....

Huummmm,

Let me see $1200 for a LMT or $1300 for a RJF built by a ass monkey, tough decision....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at a recent gun show and one of the sellers had a RJF AK on the table for $2000, I am not kidding, $2000....I looked at him and asked him is this a mistake on the price tag and he looked at me and said "It's a Red Jacket" like he was displaying a Monet' painting....I could not help myself and told him he was insane...told him I would not buy a RJF yo-yo....

77</div></div> I don't have a very good poker face so I am sure my facial expressions would have given away my disgust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huummmm,

Let me see $1200 for a LMT or $1300 for a RJF built by a ass monkey, tough decision....</div></div>

This... but no fair, you didn't put your sarcasm flag up!