• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding T-7 press.

cramey74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2011
Joplin Mo
It is time for me to get a new press. I have been looking at the Redding T-7. They do not have any dealers here close that I know of, so I can't fondle one before buying. Just want to know your opinions on this particular press and to see if you suggest anything else.

Thanks,

Chris R.

Just got a T-7 last week, upgraded from a RCBS partner press. So far I am very happy, good craftsmanship, solid and speed up my reloading time. Loaded some rounds yesterday
hopefully improve my consistency.

Great tool. All your dies available at the flick of a turn.Solid and good quality. Been running one over 15 years without a problem.

Chris, it's great to just be able to leave everything set up on the press once you have your dies zeroed in. One twist of the turret and you're off to the next step.

A friend and I reload several different calibers so we purchased an extra turret to make switching between them quicker and easier. The Redding T-7 is very well made and turns out very consistent ammo! :)

I'm certain you won't be disappointed if you decide to get one!

These guys are making it too easy on you. I had the older Redding model 25 Turret Press. It was a well built machine but I couldn't warm up to the backward tilt so I sold it. Seems they eliminated that backward lean with the T7. I also have two Ultramags that I like a lot, Redding makes great quality stuff. When it came time to replace the turret press I considered the T7 but ended up going with the Lee Classic Turret. It's a different design than the Model 25 or T7 as it captures and supports the turret from the outter edge, not on a center shaft. It has an auto indexing feature that I disable when loading rifle cartridges (it indexs by hand too) but keep the auto indexing feature intact when loading pistol rounds. Turrets are inexpensive and dirt simple to remove and replace. The LCT is certainly worthy of consideration.

Thanks everyone for the good feedback. I think I am going to try a T-7. Now all I need is a good case trimmer.