• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Redfield repairs??

boofighter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2008
NC, USA
I have a 12X Redfield that shit the bed and I want to get it repaired. This scope has alot of miles on it but I still want to keep it around. I got it in 1997 and it was old then.

Anyway, Leupold/Redfield recommends two different repair shops that service old Redfield scopes. ABO USA, Inc. and Iron Sight, Inc.

Has anyone dealt with either of these companies?

Re: Redfield repairs??

I have used Iron Sight-fellow is a Kansas HP officer. Have three scopes done-have two there now. Last quoated turn around time was 5 months. Please do your research on ABO. barry

Whatever you do...don't use ABO.
I say that from first hand experience.

I had ABO R&R a Redfield, including replacing a broken crosshair. They inspected it and sent a list of recommended repairs for approval. I OKed them and returned it. Got my scope back and it was like brand new. Whole thing took about 3 months though, so I was getting a little anxious.
Chris F what happened with yours?