• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reducing the Length of Pull for my AICS 1.0 stock?

long range fire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2008
WA, USA
The AICS 1.0 stock I have for the R700 is just slightly too long for me. I had thought AICS had a buttplate composed of layers that I can remove to get it shorter. Upon closer examination, it looks to be be a single piece of plastic, rather than multiple disks that I thought it had. So how would I make this thinner, or would I have buy a slimmer butt plate piece?

remington700pssaics.jpg

Re: Reducing the Length of Pull for my AICS 1.0 stock?

Someone took out the multiple pieces and replaced it with a full one. You can remove the two bolts from the rear of the pad and pull the whole thing out. Then either find/buy some LOP spacers in smaller amounts or if you know someone with a bandsaw and a guide you could chop that one in half or thirds.

Re: Reducing the Length of Pull for my AICS 1.0 stock?

That's a great idea about cutting it down. I'll see if i can do that myself unless i can find someone who wants to trade a slim one for my full one.

Is the plastic hollow or solid on the inside? If I cut it, would it affect the durability of the butt plate? It looks pretty durable as is.