• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Reducing the Length of Pull for my AICS 1.0 stock?

long range fire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2008
WA, USA
The AICS 1.0 stock I have for the R700 is just slightly too long for me. I had thought AICS had a buttplate composed of layers that I can remove to get it shorter. Upon closer examination, it looks to be be a single piece of plastic, rather than multiple disks that I thought it had. So how would I make this thinner, or would I have buy a slimmer butt plate piece?

remington700pssaics.jpg

Re: Reducing the Length of Pull for my AICS 1.0 stock?

Someone took out the multiple pieces and replaced it with a full one. You can remove the two bolts from the rear of the pad and pull the whole thing out. Then either find/buy some LOP spacers in smaller amounts or if you know someone with a bandsaw and a guide you could chop that one in half or thirds.

Re: Reducing the Length of Pull for my AICS 1.0 stock?

That's a great idea about cutting it down. I'll see if i can do that myself unless i can find someone who wants to trade a slim one for my full one.

Is the plastic hollow or solid on the inside? If I cut it, would it affect the durability of the butt plate? It looks pretty durable as is.