• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading bench woes

Sgt_Jamez

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2009
Carmichael, CA
I had been doing my reloading from a buddy's garage, but that was proving to be problematic. So I bought a small workbench from Lowe's... a Kobalt 45"x24" I believe. I had the bolt the 3/4" MDF down but there's still some flex that it effecting my Chargemaster 1500. Can you gentlemen suggest a means of isolating the 1500? I was considering some kind of bracket/shelf coming off the pegboard. Ideas? Help? Thanks all!

Re: Reloading bench woes

build an independent stand outa 2x4`s....the isolation from other movements will give you more accurate trouble free powder drops.If available.... I built mine outa an old car rim... welded on a 4" o.d. vertical pipe with a 1/2x20x20 plate on top....
good luck and good shooting...
bill larson

Well, a "redneck" fix is to purchase a 4 x 4 for a deck and two deck mounting brackets. Cut the 4 x 4 so that it fits between the bottom of your bench (right under your press) and the floor, tight of course. Then attach to the floor and bottom of your bench with the deck brackets. It won't look pretty but it will provide the support to stabilize your press. Good luck!

Just double up your mdf board, or triple it.

I second zuke...but maybe put steel plate under plywood. Just make sure plate is much larger than press footprint.

Any energy from operating levers, setting things down, bumping etc can spike the result of the scale causing the auto powder throw to become eractic. 2 choices, put the powder unit on its own bench or time the throws so that nothing is happening on the loading bench at the time of the throw.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phreakmode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any energy from operating levers, setting things down, bumping etc can spike the result of the scale causing the auto powder throw to become eractic. 2 choices, put the powder unit on its own bench or time the throws so that nothing is happening on the loading bench at the time of the throw. </div></div>

This!

I am also partial to throwing all my powder at the same time and plopping a bullet in the full case upside down so I know which ones are full.

Cheers,

Doc