• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading for 339 Lapua 95 grain Retumbo

Arif

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2009
Canada
Hi guys, I am new to reloading and just relaoded 50 rounds for the 338 Lpaua Magnum 250 scenar with 95 grain of Retumbo powder. Hornady manual says it will give me 2940 fps velocity. I just wanted to get some feedback before I try this load as Hodgden site say I will only get 2850 fps with actually 98c grain. a big diffeence and I dont want to go over. Any comments would be appreciated if anyone has worked with this load, I am shooting a Blaser Tactical 2 338 Lapua and 27 inch barrel and 1.10 twist

AJ

Re: Reloading for 339 Lapua 95 grain Retumbo

OOOH..into the big leagues in a big time. OUR rifle, next door neighbor owns it and I reload for it, does well with that load. Yours may vary. Do a ladder test like the intro to this section describes and, when you have a load your rifle likes, do a drop test. With amateur chronographs such as we are playing with, that is the only accurate way to determine how the rifle shoots at distance. JMHO

no mention of Retumbo with 95 grain for 250 scenar in the thread above. anyone?

I've used Retumbo, but I'm not at home and won't be for another 2 or 3 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arif</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no mention of Retumbo with 95 grain for 250 scenar in the thread above. anyone? </div></div>

94.6grs is the max listed for the 250 SMK in Sierra's manual, for Retumbo.

FWIW, it's said that their lawyers wrote their reloading guide.

Chris

Nosler shows 95gr with their 250gr bullet as their max load.