• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading from Germany

savoy29

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
Texas
Has anyone heard or used any of the following reloading equipment from germany .
If so what is your though on the equipment.

1. PraziPres Single Stage reloading press from Christian Turban in Germany

2. Triebel Gun tools reloading dies from germany.

Reactions: 338dude
Never heard of those. But like the Sham Wow guy says, "You know the Germans, they always make good stuff!"

I looked 'em up, they look like fine presses. The large one is similar to the RCBS .50 press, which works with smaller dies too I believe. I don't know of one like the smaller one here. The dies look good but don't know much about 'em. I can tell their solutions to some problems are unique compared to tools I'm accustomed to. Be careful. You're gonna have guys wanting to know if you can mail 'em a press, and maybe some of those dies too!

Have not used a Prazipress but it is a work of art. Got to love how the Germans go about their engineering ...

I have the heavy Prazipress 120, it is an amazing piece of German engineering
I have Warner dies for my 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 but Triebel looks like a top shelf die manufacturer
Highly recommend Prazipress it's the last single stage press you will ever need

I met both of these manufacturers at the IWA last March. They guys from Treibel can make any die desired and guys over at Turban are testing their new progressive press.

Here are some info on the new press:
- 5 stations fully usable
- quick change headplate system
- all gliding surfaces hardened and finely machined
- all moving parts are supported by industrial grade bearings
- compatible with DillonXL650 conversion kits and accessories
- 7/8 -14 UNF thread in all headplate stations
- compatible with Mark7 Autodrive
- standard caliber size up to .375 H&H Magnum

Attachments

• IMG_4680.JPG
    IMG_4680.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 385
Reactions: JeffLebowski
Tagging for future reference.

I have been in touch with both Christian Turban at Turban CNC and Timothy Ferstl at Triebel Guntools in the last week. I've been waffling back and forth but think I'm just about ready to pull the proverbial trigger on the Heavy Präzipress 140mm and some Triebel dies in 338LM, 300WM and 308Win. The funny thing is I like my Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic press but for me reloading is not just an ends to a mean but an end in and of itself. I'm just very interested in trying some German engineered reloading equipment. Interested to see if anyone has firsthand experience with the Triebel dies.

Reactions: yakstone
Right there with you. If I had the disposable income handy, I would be joining you in putting an order together.
I have been in touch with both Christian Turban at Turban CNC and Timothy Ferstl at Triebel Guntools in the last week. I've been waffling back and forth but think I'm just about ready to pull the proverbial trigger on the Heavy Präzipress 140mm and some Triebel dies in 338LM, 300WM and 308Win. The funny thing is I like my Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic press but for me reloading is not just an ends to a mean but an end in and of itself. I'm just very interested in trying some German engineered reloading equipment. Interested to see if anyone has firsthand experience with the Triebel dies.

My experience with anything German is that they tend to over engineer everything and if 2 thousands will do they tighten it up to the Max point that there is no slack to be taken and you have to clean it out often to make it work, but, work it will, to perfection. Just clean the damn thing and start over.
Kind of like Sherman tanks vs Panzers in WW II, the Sherman would run in the mud with it's loose tracks where the Panzers would bog down because of too tight track clearance.
I would like to try some 6.5 Creedmoor dies of a German origin as long as they would go in my "sloppy" Rockchucker. and I would bet they are not of a price point such as RCBS.
Just my opinion and my experience. FM

How are you guys liking the prazi press with triebel dies? Do you see a big difference in concintricity n brass wear with triebel dies compared to say le wilson dies... intered in their dies just ordered a prazipress looking for some nice dies to go with it. Reloading 6.5cm

I always start with a disclaimer that reloading is not an end to a means for me but a means in and of itself. I reload because I like to reload, I do shoot as well, but if I’m being honest I enjoy the reloading part just as much. If you remember that scene in “Full Metal Jacket” when Leonard is talking to his rifle, that’s me in the reloading room talking to my brass. With that said:

After spending $950+ on the Turban I just couldn’t put ‘any’ die in it (seemed like it would be defeating the purpose). Triebel seemed like they knew their shit and I figured German press, German dies (I had also spoken directly to Christian Turban and he was all over the Triebel dies). In the end, they are beautifully made, fit and finish are flawless and the runout with any ammo I’ve produced with them (.338LM, .300WM, .308 Win and 6.5CM) has zero, or as close to zero as you can get, runout. Probably a combination of the press and the dies would be my guess. What does that translate into downrange? Don’t know, don’t care. Remember, it’s the process that I enjoy as much as anything else!

But if nothing else it eliminates at least one variable in the whole process!

Are you using the FL die or neck die? Benchrest? I'd like to know how you're getting those results would help me out.

For all calibers I bough the FL sizing die, Benchrest Neck die and Benchrest Seating die. Here I think methods may vary, but with virgin brass I neck size only; once fired I use the FL die to bump the shoulder back .001-.002. You can talk to Michael Triebel directly as well, he can customize anything, e.g., if you're seating a particular bullet he can provide a seating stem for that bullet (you may need to send him the bullet but there is no issue with sending bullets to Germany) or if you want a particular sized expander.

One thing you may already know is be prepared to be patient. They require Export Permission from the German Authorities which can take 6-8 weeks (with COVID they may not even be working, not sure) and then shipping. Everything comes DHL International to USPS; I recently got "Go" "No Go" gauges that got hung up in Customs for another 3-4 weeks. I think total time from order to delivery was around 3 months. For me worth it; everything he produces is beautifully made.

Michael Triebel
Triebel Waffenwerkzeuge GmbH
D-87677 Stöttwang
Tel. +498345/95 29 4 - 0
Fax. +498345/95294-15

[email protected]
www.triebel-guntools.de
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Triebel
HRB Kempten Nr. 5170
USt.ID.: DE 811653417
Steuernummer: 125/118/20837

Ya I think I'm going to order all three dies. I have forester micrometer seating die and LE wilson FL bushing die so I can wait the 8 weeks I will take. They're pricey that's for sure. The go no go gauges cost as much as the dies lol. I'm sure they are fine tools. My dad always says tour works as good as your tools given you know how to use them. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

No worries, good luck! And your Dad was right. Mine always said, "Buy cheap, buy twice"

Oh my, do I dare start looking at beautiful German equipment?

Damn it, I did. Thanks a lot guys...:)

Now you caught the bud. No going back now. Lol

Depending on the dies between 210-300 euros. Each. It's not that bad. I mean I know some dies can go for 600bux.

@powerspc
do these German companies speak English? How about some pictures of your set up? Thanks.

Yes , they speak, read and write English perfectly! The press is heavy 15.5kg (34.2 lbs.) so you'll need a good bench to support it. Mine is bolted to 2 x 3/4" plywood + 1/4" plywood all glued and screwed. So the mounting surface was 1-3/4" thick. Some pics below.

IMG_4317.jpg
IMG_4318.jpg
IMG_4319.jpg
IMG_4321.jpg
IMG_4320.jpg

• Love
Reactions: straightandtrue
Nice set up man. You need some die blocks to stock your dies. Area 419 has nice ones. Unless your dies are 1 1/4"

Those dies rings dont come with the dies to they?

Very very Nice!!! Congratulations. Thank you for the pictures.
As to the dies, did you have to send them a dummy round for them to make the dies or a print of your reamer? Or you send them some empty fired brass? Say like a 6.5mm Creedmoors? Thank you

Nice set up man. You need some die blocks to stock your dies. Area 419 has nice ones. Unless your dies are 1 1/4"

The larger calibers (.300WM, .338LM) are 1-1/4", the smaller calibers (.308 Win, 6.5CM) are standard 7/8", the press comes with 2 inserts to accommodate both sizes.

Awsome I knew about the inserts that's why I asked. Thanks for the pics. That other press in the back. Is that a mark 7 rev?

Very very Nice!!! Congratulations. Thank you for the pictures.
As to the dies, did you have to send them a dummy round for them to make the dies or a print of your reamer? Or you send them some empty fired brass? Say like a 6.5mm Creedmoors? Thank you

They're standard dies, cut to CIP specs with the usual options, e.g., Neck Sizing dies use interchangeable bushings. They can also customize anything, e.g., if you want a seating stem for a specific bullet, then yes you have to send them the bullet (if they don't already know it) and they will make you one.

Awsome I knew about the inserts that's why I asked. Thanks for the pics. That other press in the back. Is that a mark 7 rev?

Good eye. Yes.

.308 win, .260 Rem, 338 Lapua

Of course check the prices before directly with Triebel but they should be:

.308 Win: 125 EUR for FL & BR-Seating (they come in a set)
.308 Win: 100 EUR for FL + Seating (same set but regular seating die not the BR)
.308 Win: Neck 162 EUR
.308 Win: BR Neck 172 EUR

.260 REM: FL 152 EUR
.260 Rem: BR Neck 172 EUR, BR Seating 152 EUR
.260 Rem: Neck 162 EUR, Seating 132 EUR

.338LM: FL 227 EUR
.338 LM: BR Neck 247 EUR, BR Seating 237 EUR
.338LM: Neck 207 EUR, Seating 227 EUR

.308 Win 7/8" dies
.260 REM 7/8" dies
.338LM 1-1/4" dies

Shipping is 50 EUR

So the fl sizing and a Br seater together are 125 euro? I think I might have to give the a call

So the fl sizing and a Br seater together are 125 euro? I think I might have to give the a call

Correct, they come in nice foam lined case with cutouts for the dies. There’s also a third cutout if you decide to add the neck size die.

I am surprised it is that cheap. I’m definitely going to buy some dies from them

I just placed the order for 120mm. Now as per Thomas's instructions ppwk is gonna take at least 4 weeks + shipping time. I also reached out to Michael Triebel and since they do not have USA Distributors I will wait for his instructions for 6mm BR dies. :) Should I get the 'fat' one's or standard...any thoughts? Thanks.

I just placed the order for 120mm. Now as per Thomas's instructions ppwk is gonna take at least 4 weeks + shipping time. I also reached out to Michael Triebel and since they do not have USA Distributors I will wait for his instructions for 6mm BR dies. :) Should I get the 'fat' one's or standard...any thoughts? Thanks.

I think the 6mm only come in standard 7/8", the 1-1/4" dies are typically for large calibers. You can check the catalog online.

Hi, I‘ve found this old thread with search and was wondering if somebody have got the chance to check if there is a good reason to move from Wilson seating die (with Arbor press) to a Triebel seating die in combination with the Turban CNC Präzipress?

I was going down that road but it's a pain to get. I'd go with an area 419 press with mighty armory dies

I too was considering Triebel dies and a Prazipress, but went with Redding Type-S dies and a Area 419 Zero press.

Hi, I‘ve found this old thread with search and was wondering if somebody have got the chance to check if there is a good reason to move from Wilson seating die (with Arbor press) to a Triebel seating die in combination with the Turban CNC Präzipress?
Tough question; I’m using the Turban press with Triebel dies across a number of calibers and I can report virtually zero runout across the board. That said, I have no first hand experience with Wilson dies or another single stage press (other than my old Hornady that I use for some pistol calibers). I use the Benchrest dies if that helps.