• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading MK 319 Mod 0

ds272

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2008
Western ID
Does anyone have the reloading data for the 130 grn MK 319 Mod 0? I was able to get my hands on some of the 130 grn bullets and would like to try out the milspec load and compare it to my loads that I am working up with Varget and H4895. I am especially interested to hear which powder Federal is using.

Re: Reloading MK 319 Mod 0

To update, here's some of the specs on the ammo:

130 grain OTM (reverse drawn Jacket) Bullet
Temp stable flash reduced Propellant
Not yaw dependant
Reduced recoil (10%)
Optimized for MK 17 (16” BBL)
<span style="font-weight: bold">2925 fps @ 15’</span>2750 fps @ 15 (13” CQC BBL)

I've ordered a couple of boxes from PSA and will post pics when I disassemble a couple of rounds.

I was thinking H322 would be a good powder to use with these in a 16 in carbine AR10. I use that powder for the 55's in 223, so its good to have another use for it. Someone had mentioned IMR 3031 showed promise in quickload to get these speeds safely. Anyone run H322 in QL to see what the predictions are? Nato chamber, 16 in barrel.

I'm very curious as to what powder us used as most Quickload workups of the usual suspects produce either low velocities or serious pressures.
From my perspective it's either double based or blended.

bump / tag for more info

Cut the 16" 308 to approx 14.5" and this seems an efficient load for it.

mwschop9.jpg

mwschop8.jpg

mwschop6.jpg